General Discussion Triathlon Talk » THIS is great customer service! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-09-27 10:14 AM

User image

Crystal Lake, IL
Subject: THIS is great customer service!
Hi all!  I just wanted to share this with everyone.  I needed to order some kind of salt/electrolyte pill for my upcoming marathon.  It's in a week and a half.  I decided to stick with what works - nothing new - Succeed S! Caps.  Plus they are very inexpensive.  $10 bucks for a bottle of 100.  I realized I've never checked to make sure they are gluten free so I emailed the company through their website.  The guy got back to me and said it owuld take a couple of days to confirm if the facility processes any other products that contain wheat.  By the time he got back to me with the answer (I'm good to go!) it was close to being too late to order them.  This morning he emailed me that he's rushing it out and provided some links to more info on the product.  I didn't ask him to do any of this.  He must have looked up my order on his own and done this.  Man, that's the way to earn a customer's loyalty.  Color me impressed.  Here's the links he sent me:
http://www.succeedscaps.com/articles.html
We also have some useful information on our FAQ, and Q & A pages
http://www.succeedscaps.com/faqs.html
http://www.succeedscaps.com/answer.html

Edited by hangloose 2007-09-27 10:29 AM

2007-09-27 10:21 AM
in reply to: #981102

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: THIS is great customer service!
Thats pretty impressive! I don't remember ever seeing a thread on GOOD customer service before.
2007-09-27 10:24 AM

User image

Pro
Libertyville, IL
Great custy service and a great product!  Helped my cramp issues tons without having to pop em ever 10 minutes.
2007-09-27 11:41 AM

User image

Expert
Earth

I love hearing about a business that actually handles customer service well.  Far too many times we hear about companies that are slow to handle a problem, or seem to not want our business.

I should have posted something about an experince I had with Peterglenn Ski and Sports.  I was looking for a replacement pair of shoes.  Since I had purcahsed the previous pair from a local running store (which I do not regret, they treated me great and got me into a fantastic pair of shoes.)  However the shoes were close to 90.00 even with my discount from my running club/tri club.  So I was looking for the same pair found them for 30.00 less.  They had a deal where if you order 100.00 you get free shipping.  So I purchased 2 pairs.

They shipped one pair from one location and for some reason shipped the 2nd pair from a different location.  I received one pair, but never got the second pair.  I called and they figured out that they had shipped the 2nd pair to the wrong address so they re-shipped a pair to my correct address.  Except that pair was never delivered to my house, I have no clue where it went.  It was signed for, by someone that I don't know.  I called them and asked about the 2nd pair.  They had to trace them, and then file a dispute with the shipping company.  I waited the requested 10 days, and followed up.  Well the long and the short of it was I did finally get my 2nd pair.  They get a gold star for that. 

I can't say that I was really thrilled with the overall experince, since they never did really follow up with me (I think they only called me once out of all the contacts that I had with them.)  That was about 7-8 total contacts outside of the first contact.  That was the only area I felt like they could have done better.

2007-09-27 12:17 PM

User image

Crystal Lake, IL

FWIW I've always had a great experience with our own Tri store here (although they made fun of me when I accidentally ordered a women's tri suit for myself because the ad didn't specify what it was) and Trisports.com too.

Laughing

2007-09-27 12:22 PM
in reply to: #981356

User image

Pro
Libertyville, IL
hangloose - 2007-09-27 12:17 PM

FWIW I've always had a great experience with our own Tri store here (although they made fun of me when I accidentally ordered a women's tri suit for myself because the ad didn't specify what it was) and Trisports.com too.

Laughing

Serves you right for trying to sport anything other than Donkey gear.  You sportin it for the mary?  It wont hurt your boobies.

2007-09-27 1:52 PM
in reply to: #981360

User image

Crystal Lake, IL
jszat - 2007-09-27 12:22 PM
hangloose - 2007-09-27 12:17 PM

Laughing

Serves you right for trying to sport anything other than Donkey gear.  You sportin it for the mary?  It wont hurt your boobies.

This was long before you became the P. Diddy of the Donkey clothing nation.  I'm about 90% that I'm wearing it for the mary.  I bought a black longsleeve tech shirt to wear under it and it looks good.  I want the pockets on the Donk jersey for gels and Scaps.  The thing I don't know is if it ends up being too warm in the second half of the race if I can get the long sleeves off.  But if I wear the long tech shirt on top and need it then I'm not sporting the Donkey, and its harder to get to my pockets.  Decisions, decisions.

Since I'm planning on running the whole time with Schmize I'm also considering just wearing my Urlacher jersey. 

And it won't matter to my boobalies what I'm wearing because I'll have so much bodyglide on 'em that I could dive across the finish line like a slip 'n' slide!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » THIS is great customer service! Rss Feed