?
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 5h 30m 57s
Overall Rank = 347/388
Age Group = ?
Age Group Rank = 22/22
Pre-race routine:

Woke up at about 5:15AM, had some breakfast and got everything around. As we were heading out I asked "WHERE ARE MY GELS?!?!" only to realize they were in my shorts pockets :) Arrived at race site around 6:15, pinned on the bib and fastened my timing chip to my shoe, then stood in line for the port-a-potty for roughly 20 minutes.
Event warmup:

After getting out of the port-a-potty I found Brynn and Meg and gave Brynn my long-sleeve shirt and a goodbye kiss and then headed off to the start line with Cam.
Run
  • 5h 30m 57s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 12m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

I was definitely unprepared for the hills, that's for sure. I stopped to take a pee around mile 9, then a poop around mile 11. Didn't take very many of my gels because I was just wanting water water water!!
What would you do differently?:

During the run? Not much else I could have done, really. Maybe go slower the first few miles? I really don't know.
Post race
Warm down:

Got a water bottle at the finish line, then I was like "WHERE'S THE FREE MILK!!" Because they had free chocolate milk. It was less than refrigerator temperature so it wasn't very satisfying. Plus it was skim. Where's the fun in that?

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Same thing that always limits me: lack of race-specific training. Plainly put.

Event comments:

Could have taken us through some better places in Omaha or designed a route that is just a lap that you run a few times instead of looking at dilapidated old shops, warehouses, manufacturing facilities, etc. There was a pretty neat neighborhood between miles 18 and 20. Otherwise it was pretty blah.

I'd rather not run on so many DANG hills, either. Sheesh! Who designed THAT course?!

Last updated: 2007-09-28 12:00 AM
Running
05:30:57 | 26.2 miles | 12m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 22/22
Overall: 347/388
Performance: Below average
Course: From the Qwest Center around Omaha for a little bit, back by the Qwest to drop off the 10K bunch, then down to the zoo, up past Carter Lake & Back to Qwest.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes