Christ Church
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 19m 26s
Overall Rank = 3/
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Just some oatmeal for breakfast before loading the kids in the car for the 2 mile journey to the church.
Event warmup:

They held the 1 run/walk about 30min before the 5k, so I ran that as a warmup. I was actually well in front at the turnaround, but let a younger kid catch and pass me. I would have felt bad taking that award and then trying to place in the 5k.
Run
  • 19m 26s
  • 0 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

The first, second, and third place (me) runners were established pretty much from the start and stayed the same throughout the race. I was gaining a little ground on the 2nd place person for the last 1/2 mile, but he was still well ahead of me.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. A well-paced and executed 5K for me.
Post race
Warm down:

Grabbed a swig or two of water, then jogged out the course again to find Beth, who was also doing the 5K, though pushing the stroller with both kids. Found her with less than 1/2 mile to go and offered to push the stroller for the remainder, but she wanted to finish with it. So I jogged with her and coached her to push a little more.

Chatted w/ various fellow churchgoers, as well as the folks working the Luke's Locker tent. Hung around until awards. I took first in my AG, and Beth won a door prize for $25 at Luke's Locker.

Event comments:

A nice little neighborhood charity 5K. Family-friendly; dogs and strollers welcome, too. Had Luke's Locker as a sponser, so it may get bigger next year. (Was ~275 people total for both events.) Balloon animals and face painting for kids. Bagels, bananas, apples, and water.

Last updated: 2007-09-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:19:26 | 00 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 3/
Performance: Good
HR avg: 178 HR max: 195
Course: Closed roads in the neighborhood. Mostly shaded; dead flat. Two water stops allowed for pickup at .5 / 2.6 mile point as well as the turnaround.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes