Overcast
Total Time = 20m 40s
Overall Rank = 3/159
Age Group = 20-24
Age Group Rank = 1/6
Pre-race routine:

Eat, put my number on, drive out to the race
Event warmup:

This was a disaster. I thought the race started at 7:30, not 7:00, but for better or worste(this one) I got my warmup in.
Run
  • 18m 51s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 06m 05s  min/mile
Comments:

Ok, so this disaster of a race.. Here is how it happened. So me and my sister are doing this race. She asks me when will we want to leave, I say 6:30 thinking it's a 7:30 start(5min drive to this race). Now she knew it was a 7am start but she doesn't do as long as a warmup as me so 6:30 was fien with her. So we get there at 6:40ish I talk to a few people then decided to go run and pick up my chip afterwards time:6:50. So I get to the 1 mile marker at about 6:58 when I figure out the race is about to start. Where I then begin to run a real fast pace to get back to the start in time. But I fail so I decide I should atleast get my chip so I can still get timed.

Well they picked up the mats before I could get accross them, oh well I still got my trusty watch. So I take off determined to still run a race. But by the first mile I realised running a 5:30 mile to get to the starting line leaves you tired. I hit the mile marker at 5:46, which isn't bad but I knew I couldn't hold it for 2 more(really I needed to cut 6-8 seconds off of it). So after that I didn't push super hard, though it was still a prety big effort. I came in under the offical time of 20:40 but I really did a 18:50(still slower then any 5k of the year by 35 seconds).

The worste part of all this is that I came in 3rd overall, due to lack of competition and the little that did show up was split between the 5k and 10k. So here I was started 2min back, won my age group and finished in the top 3.
What would you do differently?:

FREAKIGN THE THE RIGHT STARTIGN TIME.
Post race
Warm down:

ran 5 miles because I was mad and wanted to make something of the day. So I atleast made my self run 10miles.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I'm a retard.

Event comments:

I wish they didn't get started on time. :\

Last updated: 2007-10-01 12:00 AM
Running
00:18:51 | 03.1 miles | 06m 05s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/6
Overall: 3/159
Performance: Bad
Course: flat course with some turns, but nothing too bad. The wind is the only thing you have to worry about.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes