Play Tri
91F / 33C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 30m 54s
Overall Rank = 184/371
Age Group = 10-24
Age Group Rank = 1/9
Pre-race routine:

Went to bed rather early (10:30). Had very broken sleep. Woke up several times throughout the night. Finally, 4:15 rolled around, and I popped right out bed and into the shower. Brandon wanted to get there early because he was doing his first Olympic distance. My race wouldn't begin until 8:15. Showered, loaded the bikes, ate a good bowl of oatmeal (steal-cut oats), and headed to Mckinney.
Event warmup:

Got to the race site. Parked across the street. Prepared our bikes and numbers at the car, so all we had to do was walk straight through markings. Got marked up and headed straight to rack the bike, then straight to the porter-p's. Visited with a few friends, tried to get rid of race jitters. Went back to double check on transition items were a "GO". Then noticed I had forgotten my socks! Ran back to the car to get them. Got my heart going. Listened to the pre-race meeting and trotted up the hill to watch Brandon take off. Saw the lake, which looked much bigger than I had imagined (Iron girl looked way smaller). It was starting to get cloudy and looked as if it could rain. Wind started blowing and I started getting nervous. What if the water is too cold? What if my body goes into shock? What if I freak out? Finally, I saw my friend Nancy. She came up to me and started chatting, calmed me down. And then all the sudden my parents were there. I was so happy to see them. This made everything better. Now I was at peace and I knew I had to do a good job. We kept looking for Brandon to shoot out, but we seemed to forget he was doing 2 laps. So it was time for us to jump in....
Swim
  • 19m 40s
  • 820 yards
  • 02m 24s / 100 yards
Comments:

felt great jumping in. Water was much warmer than expected. Hated treading water until start. Water seemed very choppy from the wind. And it kept slashing up in my face, causing me to cough. Then it got me all worked up, heart rate sky-rocketed, and never fell into a rhythm.
What would you do differently?:

I shouldn't have pulled my head up so much. I was so afraid I was going to waste energy and end up going the wrong direction. Also I need to learn how to use (draft and sight) rather than get so worked up when someone is around me.
Transition 1
  • 03m 49s
Comments:

was so tired from swim, my body was lazy and not fuctioning. Had to stop at the mounting line and clip in. Tried several times, and my legs were just not fuctioning right. Finally clipped in after several people passed me.

learn how to mount and clip into bike while riding.
Bike
  • 37m 23s
  • 12 miles
  • 19.26 mile/hr
Comments:

Had fun on this course!

drink some fluid. Didn't dink any at all because I was afraid of getting a stich.
Transition 2
  • 01m 56s
Comments:

Entered slowly, because I was a little winded. Even dug around in my bag hoping to find an extra gel. No luck. HEard mom and dad yelling, so I knew I had to get out of there and on the road.

think "GO, GO, GO" instead of "Im tired, how about relax a bit"
Run
  • 28m 4s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 01s  min/mile
Comments:

Very tired. Walked for about 5 seconds in beginning. Started to get calf cramps. Then I saw Dan heading my way. I was just thinking "he can't see me walking". So I started running again. Thank God, for I had no Idea I was holding first in my AG. That what friends are for! He yelled at me. And I didn't respond because I was in shock that he was finishing, and I was just starting the run. Such a superstar. I kept running and thinking how much I wanted this to end, how much I just wanted to breath normal. Then I heard Brandon yelling at me from behind. Again, awesome people, making this sport what it is!!!

I would be more positive in speaking to myself. I was so close to stopping and walking. And I need to pay attention to my heart rate. I need to be sitting around 160 and istead am at 180.
Post race
Warm down:

Saw my friend Nacy at the Finish Line. It was so awesome to have her there. Then saw my parents! It was there first race to see. Waited around for Brandon to finish up. We ended up talking to Nancy and her husband about everything from "The Office (tv show)" to the "Hotter Than Hell 100"

Oh, and I saw a guy with a really bad case of "chaffed nipples" Ouch!!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

my weight!!! I need to lose a few :(

Event comments:

It wouldn't be the same without all my peeps! I still LOVE LOVE LOVE this sport!

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-10-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:19:40 | 820 yards | 02m 24s / 100yards
Age Group: 1/9
Overall: 0/371
Performance: Below average
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Deep Water Plus: Waves
Water temp: 84F / 29C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Below average Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Average
Waves: Average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 03:49
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:37:23 | 12 miles | 19.26 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Headwind
Course: Moderatly Hilly. Two large hills straight out of transition. I was warned and prepared for them. I dropped down to the small ring and used these big legs GOD gifted me with! Then hit a strong headwind for about 7 miles. Kept my head down, and hand down in the race bars. "Passing on the left" it was great fun. Then towards the end there was one long rolling hill. I had fun with it, speeding as fast as I could going down and whipping it all the way up. The remainder of the loop had a few turns with a hill at the top of each. I made sure to stand up and dance out of the pedals (gained a few additional spots on each)!!
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 97
Turns: Average Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Not enough
T2
Time: 01:56
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Good
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:28:04 | 03.11 miles | 09m 01s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Heart rate was riding at about 180. I was so winded
Course: Hilly, foot path in residential area.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2007-10-01 4:09 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon

2007-10-01 5:52 PM
in reply to: #986198

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas
Subject: RE: Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon
Awesome job!  You may want to edit your bike time.  i don't think it took you 37 hour!!

Edited by dodgersmom 2007-10-01 5:53 PM
2007-10-01 8:42 PM

User image

Expert
Longview, TX

Great race T!  Don't get too caught up in the swim.  A little more open water experience and you'll feel much more comfortable.  Smokin' bike and run.  Good job not letting yourself fall into a comfort zone on the run.

Congrats!

2007-10-02 11:22 AM
in reply to: #986391

User image

New user

HAHa!!

Thanks for noticing! This is my first "race report". Still trying to get around this site!!
2007-10-02 9:44 PM

User image

Champion
the colony texas
congrats on the 1st place AG finish...
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon Rss Feed