View Member's Race Log
St. Paul, Minnesota
United States
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Just ate, got my mom the 10mile race...this was her first big race with this many people she was stunned.
Event warmup:

Not needed to hot already...
Run
  • 5h 30m
  • 26.2 miles
  • 12m 36s  min/mile
Comments:

Ok I slept good, soI am going to give everyone an update on the weekend.

It started friday going to see family which was fun...and then Saturday was the day to get the packet, it was good and so busy. I just was so stunned to see all the people. Way more then last year. It could have been cause it was so nice...on saturday it was around 87. So we really kept are eye on the weather and they said 72 with rain, we were all happy about that. But that was not what happened, it was 72 to start the race with humidity at 87. Very tough conditions, so Saturday's fluid intake really helped..

I actually felt water logged but I think it helped at mile 18 when I told my running buddy that I had stopped sweating...little scared about that, but I was not going to stop. To far, and I actually felt good, talking to spectators and family that where following us. The knee kept going, I hit mile 4 and my knee was killing me...i thought no way am I going to finish...but I said get to mile 10 and recheck the knee pain...it kinda went away so I was happy about that. I kept running with my running buddy (my uncle) and we had to go by his heart rate monitor. So when it got to high we had to slow down or walk, which was good for the knee. If it wasn't for my uncle not sure if I would have finished...he was so funny and we where good for each other.

We came in, it was about an hour after the plan was, before I got hurt three weeks ago...but making it in with this weather I am more then happy. And I made it with out visiting the medical tent...which happened last year. I learned this year fluids are very helpful along with extra gu's, I even went under every sprinkler that was out. So Keeping cool was the key.

After that we took a lot of pictures and then we loaded a bus (which was hard to climb in) to go back to the hotel. We showered up and took off for home.

Anyway it was a great race, and weekend....

So that is my race report...

What would you do differently?:

Not get hurt three weeks prior to the race!!!
Post race
Warm down:

Getting fluid, shower, pictures...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Knee IT BAND injury

Event comments:

Great race, even though they ran out of water at two big stops for runners....Not a good thing, but with all the sprinklers out it was ok!

Last updated: 2007-10-08 12:00 AM
Running
05:30:00 | 26.2 miles | 12m 36s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-10-08 8:27 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sioux Falls, SD
Subject: Twin Cities Marathon

2007-10-08 9:13 AM
in reply to: #996132

User image

Master
Mishicot, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Twin Cities Marathon
Congrats!  It was a hot race!  Nice job with that knee injury...now it is time to get it healed up!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Twin Cities Marathon Rss Feed