MS Society of Greater Delaware Valley
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 5h 37m
Overall Rank = N/A/N/A
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up around 4am. Ate some uncrustables and sucked down about two bottles of gatorade. Also ate a cliff bar and headed out to pick up my friend Mike
Event warmup:

No warm up. I spent most of that time assembling three bikes for myself and my friends. Unfortunately I was unable to bring my vehicle with my bike rack!
Bike
  • 5h 37m
  • 103.5 miles
  • 18.43 mile/hr
Comments:

This bike ride was an excellent ride for me. I got to raise a good amount of money to help the National MS Foundation and I got to spend some time with some good friends. Our team worked well together and we pulled thru it without any injuries. The rest stations were great and there was a ton of food and drink for all of us. I want to thank everyone on my team as well as Hudson Construction for their support as well as Radomicki Athletic. This race wouldn't have been possible without the support of all of my friends who have made great contributions to this cause. I would have done the 50 back the following day but our company party was the same night so I opted to go home and head to the party.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing at all. I will be doing this tour again next year.
Post race
Warm down:

Got to Ocean City. Got my finisher medal from a great lady with MS. Saw my wife and we went to get some grub at the after party. I racked my bike and relaxed for about 20 minutes and then we loaded up the jeep and headed up so I wouldnt be late for the party.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

The only thing we really need is some more condition as a team. Besides that everything was perfect.

Last updated: 2007-08-09 12:00 AM
Biking
05:37:00 | 103.5 miles | 18.43 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/N/A
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: The course started in Cherry Hill NJ and worked it's way thru the NJ backroads all the way out the Ocean City NJ. Around Mile 50 there was an additional 25 mile loop for the century riders to go on. We took that loop and hit a bunch of head wind while on it.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 89
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %2%
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right