Overall Rank = 4883/45426
Age Group = M3034
Age Group Rank = 594/2112
Run
  • 52m 4s
  • 10 kms
  • 05m 13s  min/km
Comments:

2006 was the year I did the Sun Run in the inflatable ballerina suit to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

http://ballerinadad.blogspot.com/

It turned out to be a really hot day. It was a lot hotter in the suit than I thought it was going to be. I started in the second wave of green runners. I actually passed a lot of people. The typical comment was "what the heck is that!" By the end, I was cooking inside the suit. It was like being in a tent in the hot sun with all the zippers done up. The entire suit was soaked on the inside from condensation and sweat.

Mid span on the Burrard Street Bridge I felt something banging against my leg. I thought "Oh crap, the fan fell out again". So I stopped to get out my duct tape from my fanny pack and attach it back in again. It turned out my fanny pack had come open, and it was actually my roll of duct tape banging against my leg. So I got somebody to zip me back up, and I took off running again.

It really was a lot of fun seeing people's reactions. I got interviewed by Shaw TV and Global TV at the finish line.

Hopefully I will find a few more shots in the next few days that I can post.

Altogether I have $725 in pledges. I have about $60 that I have to take to the JDRF office, along with $665 in online donations.

Post race

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-10-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:04 | 10 kms | 05m 13s  min/km
Age Group: 594/2112
Overall: 4883/45426
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %