United States
68F / 20C
Sunny
Total Time = 28m 54s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Got up, not early, cuz the race did not begin until 945. Had some coffee, a little PBJ, some water. Had a relaxing morning. Got jackson up, gave him breakfast then headed down to teh park.
Event warmup:

THe finish line was at RAP but the start was on teh other side of downtown. SO we parked at RAp then ran about 1.5 miles to the start. Got greg registered and walked aorund looking at the parade floats and marching bands. jackson loved it!!
Run
  • 28m 54s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 17s  min/mile
Comments:

THis was a good run for me, except for the fact that i hate 5ks. I hate running at Z4/Z5. But we started slow because of the crowd and we had the stroller so we started at the back. THe crowd thinned out and we got our pace going.
First mile was 9 min and this was ok. THen tried to kick it up on the second mile, but just did not feel it. SO kept it around 9.5 and continued. Greg was great, pushing me the whole time. He is a great motivator.
I loved all the spetators that were waiting for the youth parade to go by, It was so much fun listening to the bands and cheering.
I love this race because it is such a family event and a great community builder. Plus it takes us less than 5 minutes to get there.
Overall this run was fine, i really pushed it last littel bit. But i feel like i should have pushed harder. Anyway, my goal is to improve running at this level.
What would you do differently?:

Go faster .
Post race
Warm down:

We walked around the park and let jackson play, ride the ponys, got aa hotdog, played on the playground.(he ad a lot of fun too) Left there and headed straight to starbucks.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My focus to run as hard as i possibly can.

Event comments:

THis is a grreat family race. THe best part of the day was when greg got his number jackson wanted to wear it so we pinned it on him and he ran around saying he was racing. It meant the world to me to be able to race with my family. It is rare that i do a race simply for the fun of it, and this was definitely for the fun of it.

Last updated: 2007-09-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:54 | 03.11 miles | 09m 17s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: The course was mostly flat, except the two hills on the backside of RAP.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-10-13 6:36 PM

User image

Veteran
Roswell, GA
Subject: Historic Roswell 5K

2007-10-13 9:11 PM
in reply to: #1006777

User image

Pro
Sous Mon Diadème
Subject: RE: Historic Roswell 5K
Yay for Team Corn!!!!  Great job today and congrats on the PR.
2007-10-15 8:30 AM

User image

Master
Winder, GA

Sounds like you guys had fun and yay for a PR!

2007-10-16 12:50 PM

User image

Expert
Marietta, GA

Great job - sounds like a fun time and a good 5K experience - AND a PR!!

I'm glad that Greg is a good run motivator too, that will pay off with future races!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Historic Roswell 5K Rss Feed