General Discussion Race Reports! » Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Chile Pepper Cross Country Festival - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Fayetteville, Arkansas
United States
RRCA
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 08m 19s
Overall Rank = 434/472
Age Group = F30-34
Age Group Rank = 12/19
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and had some oatmeal and a bottle of water. Made it to the race with plenty of time to spare which is never my habit, but shows the good influence of my always on-time fiancee :)
Event warmup:

Walked around a bit to stay warm, no formal warm up for me :)
Run
  • 1h 08m 19s
  • 6.22 miles
  • 10m 59s  min/mile
Comments:

I was basically treating this as a long run as opposed to a "race" since I had 7 miles on the half mary schedule. I pushed it a little bit and kept my heart rate and effort a little higher than my typical long runs, but it was hard not to in the race atmosphere. I liked the cross country aspect and didn't mind the loops. There were enough people around to keep it interesting when we went through the crowd and cheering sections.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really - it wasn't a bad run for me
Post race
Warm down:

Water, banana and TACOS! It sounds horrible, but they were actually quite tasty!!

Event comments:

The main purpose of this festival is the collegiate, high school and junior high competitions so there are lots of people milling around and on the course warming up during the "open" event for the public. The really fast folks probably hate it because they very quickly lap the slower, recreational runners (like me) and because of the narrow cross country course have to weave in and out of clumps of people. It's certainly a different experience from a road race, and a nice change of pace, but not the type of event I'd want to do all the time.

Last updated: 2007-10-16 12:00 AM
Running
01:08:19 | 06.22 miles | 10m 59s  min/mile
Age Group: 12/19
Overall: 19/472
Performance: Average
Course: The U of Arkansas cross country course which is 2 and a half loops around Agri Park. Most of the course is grass covered with some areas that are gravelled, a few little ups and downs.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes