Denver, Colorado
United States
Scream Agency
Total Time = 20m 3s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Did some jogging around the Park with my Rasta hat with dreads and arm tattoos checking out all the costumes. All the little kids running around were having a blast. Ran about a mile total probably.
Run
  • 20m 3s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 27s  min/mile
Comments:

Decided not to wear the Dreads, but I did wear the arm tattoos. The wind picked up a little right before the race but it wasn't too bad. I started near the front right behind Mark and Richard. I started off fast and kept right behind them for the 1st 3/4 of a mile or so but backed off a little before the 1st mile marker. There was this girl running right by me for the first mile and as I backed off she went faster. She was cruising and I never saw her again. There was a definite break after the first mile that happened between me and the fast runners as they kept that pace going or went even faster. I felt good but I knew I needed to slow down a little. It seemed forever between the 1st mile marker and the 2nd for some reason and then going on the back stretch again coming into mile 3 there was a little bit of wind there. There were three guys that passed me with about a half mile to go and I kept them fairly close but I waited until too late to start my kick and I only passed one of them back. I didn't kick until the 3 mile marker and I should have started it when they did about a 1/4 mile out. I felt strong at the finish still and it was a PR for me so I can't complain!
What would you do differently?:

I think I ran my first mile right about where I wanted to but I think the 2nd and 3rd miles I could cut a little time for sure. The mental part of the middle of the race takes some experience to be able to train your mind to know it's OK to keep pushing hard in the middle of the race. Also feeling confident enough to start my kick sooner. My legs definitely feel strong enough to go under 20:00 it's just my mind holding me back.
Post race
Warm down:

Just drank some water and hung out with Tyra and the kids. Talked to Mark and Richard a little but then had to go because the kids were getting cold.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Mental toughness!

Event comments:

Didn't stay after the race unfortunately so I'm not sure if the post race was good or not. It was fun seeing all the little kids dressed up running around though.

Last updated: 2007-10-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:20:03 | 03.11 miles | 06m 27s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Didn't wear my HR monitor for this race. I should have but it's been sliding off lately and ending up around my waist so I didn't want it to bother me. Mile 1 - 5:54 Mile 2 - 6:48 Mile 3 - 6:53
Course: One lap around the inside of Wash Park and then around about another 3/4 of a mile to the finish. Mostly flat with a couple of spots around mile 2 that have a little bit of an incline.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-10-26 8:01 AM

User image

Regular
Madison, CT
Subject: Scream Scram

2007-10-26 9:56 PM
in reply to: #1025222

User image

Expert
Conifer, Colorado
Subject: RE: Scream Scram
Great run Kenny... you did awesome! 3 seconds. 3 seconds.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Scream Scram Rss Feed