General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Food Plan Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-11-13 12:12 AM

User image

Master
Victoria BC
Subject: Food Plan
I am looking somewhere for a good food plan to follow. I had lost 24 lbs since the begging of the year but have put 7 of them back on and am struggling now I am not losing anymore, and I do have more to lose hahaha. I must admit I am not as positive about the whole thing and am not trying my best. I need something that is interesting and practical to follow. If anyone has any ideas they are all greatly appreciated

2007-11-13 9:28 PM
in reply to: #1050509

User image

Expert
Columbia, MD
Subject: RE: Food Plan

Are you looking for a complete food plan, sample menus or just some new foods to try?

Congrats on the weight loss to-date, by the way!

2007-11-13 10:07 PM

User image

Master
Victoria BC
Honestly I am not sure. I am trying to find something that I can hopefully follow with interesting foods. I am not sure if there are sample menus here or what I thought the best way would be to pose the question and see what the responses are.

Thank you for the compliments about my progess so far every little bit of encouragement and support always help.
2007-11-15 3:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Take a look at Bill Philip's Body for Life and his cookbook - Eating for Life.

He's a body builder who has a bodybuilding/fat lose program for average people.

I also had some success with Ediets.com. When you join up (minimal dues) you get access to discussions. Though the choices exclusively focused on men are limited, there is a fitness thread with a trainer who gives workout plans.
On the site you choose from about a dozen different food plans. Then you select out foods you don't want included (dairy, meat, eggs etc) and you get a weekly meal plan, recipes and a shopping list.
Eating for Life is one of ediets plans.

Keep at it!

MM

2007-11-19 1:09 PM

User image

Veteran
Victoria, BC

Have you tried Sparkpeople?  It's a totally free weight-loss support website that has semi-customizable menu plans.  I didn't personally find it helpful because I'm vegan, but if you are open to animal foods, it might be a good place to start.

www.sparkpeople.com

Good luck!

2007-11-23 9:28 AM
in reply to: #1060682

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Connecticut
Thanks for the link.

There was some discussion about training on a raw diet on this thread. Not too helpful, but people are still talking. What does your diet look like? I'm trying to move towards a vegan diet, but honestly don't mind poultry (obviously the vegan is for my health and not animal rights!)

MM

2007-11-23 1:47 PM
in reply to: #1065829

User image

Veteran
Victoria, BC

MuscleMomma - 2007-11-23 7:28 AM Thanks for the link. There was some discussion about training on a raw diet on this thread. Not too helpful, but people are still talking. What does your diet look like? I'm trying to move towards a vegan diet, but honestly don't mind poultry (obviously the vegan is for my health and not animal rights!) MM

My diet is motivated by my health, too, mostly.  I come from a long line of chronically ill couch potatoes, so I really feel the need to pay careful attention to food choices.  My food intake primarily consists of fresh fruits, raw and cooked veggies, beans, whole grains, and nuts/seeds.  Here's what a good day looks like for me:

Breakfast: Smoothie of 1 apple, 1 banana, frozen berries, spinach, hemp protein powder, Greens+ powder

Lunch: Bean and grain dish, raw veggie sticks, cooked green veg

Snack: Herbal tea plus a small orange or a few pieces of dried fruit

Dinner: Salad with nuts/seeds, some sort of bean/veggie dish (veggie soup, chili, etc.), sometimes a starch as well (potato, yam, beets, etc.)

I'm happy to chat more about diet specifics, but I don't want to hijack this thread any further, so PM me if you'd like to discuss.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Food Plan Rss Feed