CWRRC
34F / 1C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 59m 19s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 12/29
Pre-race routine:

Walk to the venue, and try and stay warm!!
Run
  • 1h 59m 19s
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

I didnt put any expectations on myself today. I was hoping to beat my previous PR time of 2:07 from the spring, but I wasnt sure otherwise. I havent ran much at all since the full marathon but I just hoped that it wouldnt hurt anyways from all the base of this season.

Started out at the pace i was looking to keep, around 9:15, but my HR was almost 190. It seems to do this for the first couple miles when its colder out. Dunno why. So anyways, by mile 4 or 5 I was warmed up and my HR started to fall. Unfortunately I had no pace on my Garmin it wouldnt find a signal, so I didnt know if I was just warmed up, or if I was falling off pace. Checked at the next mile marker and was still doing good, so I just warmed up I guess.

I just kept hanging in there, cheering for my buddies that traveled down with me when I saw them. I dont like loop courses, but it was nice in a figure 8 type course that I ended up seeing all of them 3 or 4 times. We had two people doing their first half so they said that was nice for them to to see us. So around 5-8 I had a little lull, typical for me, but still kept on pace. Hit mile 10 at 1:31 and still felt ok. I did the math, 29 minute 5k and I could have a nice PR under 2 hours. I kept trotting along and it still felt fairly good so with a mile left I picked it up a little just to make sure Id hit under 2 hours. When my watch hit 1:58 I could see the finish and I started really picking it up with everything I had left and hit 1:59. WOO!!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing.
Post race
Event comments:

This was a nice smaller race. It was in a closed park, and tree lined. Very nice in the fall.

Last updated: 2007-11-18 12:00 AM
Running
01:59:19 | 13.1 miles | 09m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/29
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: 2 loops through a park, lots of trees, nice
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]