General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Post IMAZ road trip...... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-11-19 2:59 PM

User image

Subject: Post IMAZ road trip......

So, the thing at work that might have made me miss the whole thing, or have to fly back immediately, or under the best of circumstances had me back in the office by Tuesday following, has cleared (or is in the process of clearing), so now I am entertaining thoughts of a post race road trip, and to spend some quality time with my incredbily supportive wife.

Problem is, I know little about my neighbor Arizona, and places to go, drive times, etc.

One thought is to head to Sedona for a few days of R&R.  Is it really a nice palce?  Too touristy?  wicked expensive?  How long is the drive from Tempe?

Then off to the Grand Canyon.  Certainly doubt I'll be doing any hiking, but I have never seen it from the ground.  Conditions in mid April on the south rim?  Stay for a night or two or make a day trip of it?  How long is the drive from Sedona?

Followed up with maybe an overnight in Vegas.  How long GC to Vegas??

Or, is there somewhere else I should look at going?

2007-11-19 9:42 PM
in reply to: #1060921

Regular
Subject: RE: Post IMAZ road trip......
Ok, let's do this relatively briefly, but I hope not to miss any of your questions.

Sedona: Beautiful place to stop, however it is touristy and expensive. You could try doing to high pressure time share sales with free nights for putting up with the hard sell, if you want to go that route. Worth the expense though, I would say. It's about an hour and a half to two drive from Tempe, depending on traffic and construction.

Flagstaff: I would recommend spending part of the drive in this fair little city and the surrounding natural beautiful parks.

Grand Canyon: Stay for a night. It's so beautiful and worth seeing at all times of the day. It will take another 2.5-4 hours worth of driving to get there.

No idea the distance from GC to LV. Sorry.

Hope this is somewhat of a help. Let me know if you have any more questions.
2007-11-20 5:54 PM
in reply to: #1060921

User image

Subject: RE: Post IMAZ road trip......
Thanks, it's helpful.  besides Flagstaff, any other areas we shluld check out?  Have to admit, drove through Flagstaff a couple times on the way to Colorado and wasn't too impressed/  Of course, that was just a drive through.....
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Post IMAZ road trip...... Rss Feed