General Discussion Race Reports! » 10th Annual 5K Stampede through Clifton Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

10th Annual 5K Stampede through Clifton - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Clifton, New Jersey
United States
Clifton Recreation Department
44F / 7C
Precipitation
Total Time = 33m 47s
Overall Rank = 92/164
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 4/13
Pre-race routine:

when my alarm went off, i debated about going to the race at all, because i'd had a bad night with Brianna the night before - the beginnings of a cold she has today... ugh!
but i decided to do it and hauled my tuckus out of bed at 7:30, ate a bowl of oatmeal and drank some water, got dressed and left the house.
Bongo was very offended that I had obviously gotten dressed to go running and left him home... poor pooch - he got a workout later though.
was surprised to see SNOW falling when i left the house. hmmm, wasn't planning on that little extra element of fun for today's run.
Event warmup:

I live literally 5 minutes from the race site so I got there in a jiffy, found parking and headed over to pick up my race packet.
they obviously didn't care about the whole postmark thing and i picked up my goody bag and ran it back to the car.
i had parked far away to give me a reason to run to warm up so i ran maybe a half mile to get warm.
it was chilly and snowing tiny flakes - the little ones that kind of hurt when they hit your face... yeah, those
Run
  • 33m 47s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 10m 54s  min/mile
Comments:

well, i just wanted to beat my time from last year and that so didn't happen. i don't know why...
i was bummed about it - now, not so much.
first mile felt pretty good, even the second wasn't so terrible.
by the third, i was like - what? i wasn't enjoying it... not like me at all.
that weird foot pain i've been having (had) all last week crept up outta nowhere and made for an interesting time.
however, i came in 4th in my age group this year as opposed to coming in dead last in my AG last year - really surprised me...
What would you do differently?:

i don't know, i took several days off because of my foot pain, so i guess that hurt me...
Post race
Warm down:

headed in for my bagel, banana, juice and such - looked around for other Clifton Road Runners, but didn't recognize anyone...
i left pretty quickly because i wanted to see how Brianna was feeling

Event comments:

how can you go wrong with a race so close to the house?
supported the track and field team and got a decent workout in that compensated for the overeating i was about to do a few hours post race.

Last updated: 2007-11-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:33:47 | 03.1 miles | 10m 54s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/13
Overall: 92/164
Performance: Good
i have cleared my watch since sunday - but i think it was like mile 1: 10:30 mile 2: 10:45 mile 3.1: 12:something-ish...
Course: i heard someone in the after race gathering call this a challenging course. i don't know if i agree with that or not. true, there are hills, 3/4 of the way through mile one and at the start of mile three AND leading to the finish... so i guess that what he's talking about - i'll have to make a map and see what the climb is.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-11-20 8:14 PM

User image

Master
Clifton, NJ
Subject: 10th Annual 5K Stampede through Clifton
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » 10th Annual 5K Stampede through Clifton Rss Feed