Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Chronicles of Twisnibbins, aka Nibbins Notes Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-11-21 11:51 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Subject: The Chronicles of Twisnibbins, aka Nibbins Notes

Twisnibbins - From the Beginning.........................(ok, starting on 11/09/07)

Kudos to Kendra for her brilliant idea to consolidate them into one thread! 

I will post Nibbins notes here (and in the thread, so they should be easy for everyone to find!)

Enjoy the walk down memory lane :-)

2007-11-21 11:52 AM
in reply to: #1063956

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Subject: RE: The Chronicles of Twisnibbins, aka Nibbins Notes

i can't promise i will do this every day - but, here we go -  (ummm - can you say famous last words??)

cliff notes

Sal - well, he has a new star! Dee, yes you and Sal both got a single twinkly red star on the Very Same Day!  the more important thing is that Sal is not here tonight because he is at his kids' concerts   :-)  

Pam -  oooh laa laa!  her hubby took pics of her calves - well, there isn't much more to say on this subject - the pics speak for themselves!

Spokes - he is sporting a nifty new visor AND was flirted with at his tri club meeting, he seemed to be suprised by this, but ummm, duh - hot tri guy?  hellllooo?

Tammy - has plans for a great dinner with fam!  unfortunately there is no wireless, so we won't hear from here for a day or so -

Jeni - had a great panel discussion - (i would love to hear her!), taking a day of rest and enjoying some wine!

Dee - has had a yacht - seriously, i thought i was going to be able to report that she had settled on an avatar!  well, at any rate, she has the MOST awesome idea for an event - a tri with the yacht as the base!  Where do we sign up?!

Yanti - um, yum

Donto - promised, delivered - BAM!  check out the pics - he also had a fantastic workout day WTG!

Hector - busy day with lots of meetings that gave him a headache :-(, hopefully he found a happy place (lots of good material to draw on from the nibbins!)  He should be officially done with his work running an association as the election was today

Cat - poor thing had a punctured tire - she had to get a brand new one and maybe even another one - stay tuned! i would be scared if i were the car dealer - good luck Cat!

Heather - 14 hr days?!  that is crazy - hope you get to enjoy the evening!  she also works with youth bb - oh yes, I know those parents that think their kid is getting the scholarship! LOL

Sharon - made a fabulous presentation on usability - she posted a pic, which was fab!  I'm still laughing about the post comment though 'Here is a clothed photo of me (middle person)' - to which Dee had a very witty reply ;-)

Amy - spent the day teaching CPR and hopefully having some good Mommy time!  I think she might be drinking margaritas or was it Jack and Coke with Heather as i type

Brynn - where is she?  must be out running!

Kendra - well, she is having a FABULOUS vacation - can you even imagine when she opens her in box - LMAO

other notes -

• lots of talk about music - what a talented group!
  • good advice on barefoot running
  • quite a bit of discussion around 'runners high' - so is it legal or not??? ;-)

What another wonderful day in Nibbinsville!

hope you enjoy the cliff notes!

2007-11-21 11:53 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Ok, it's time for the Twisnibbins notes! (formerly known as Cliff notes(11/10/07)

Yes, we have been super busy in nibbinsville once again

Pam - had a rough start to her day, but the troops rallied around her and she went and had a fantastic workout, helped lots of us out with pointers on swimming - she is one fast lady!

Dee - is thinking about taking a course, but is concerned about it cutting into her time on Twisnibbins - we also learned that Dee doesn't laugh much at work (? i know, but that's what she said!)  and she doesn't kick when she swims

Sharon - on vacation, they are having a surprise party for her mom - she's super excited about it and they have been planning it for quite some time - she's going to check on getting blackberries for all of the nibbins, especially Dee - so she can take her class - (joking - but it does sound like a pretty good idea, although how in the world would we handle the WIDENESS on that little screen?)

Tammy - just got back from her mini trip - welcome home!

Scott - ran 14 miles today and showed us his really big guitar! seriously, it's worth looking through the last few pages of posts to see - suffice it to say he was really rocking out!

Sal - had meetings all day - concepting and stuff, he likes short women and enjoys stalking inspiring his teamates!

Yanti - has the most uncanny knack for showing up at just the right time - be sure to check out page 69 - LOL - and well  what can I say, her pix speak for themselves - WTG, beautiful baby! 

Mila - is feeling better today, and got to watch her new favorite disney movie 3 x

Judi - LOL - well, lets just say that her tweenage daughter now knows what Scott looks like when he is rocking out - oh my, I can't wait to hear the explanation!

Heather - got her first star today!  yaaaay!  Heather and Scott had a nice conversation about what each of them does for their day job - see I can't tell everything, now you have to go look ;-) - I think it was somewhere around page 70 something

Hector - brought his cheerleader friend from the first thread over to get reaquainted.  He is soooo ready for his race and we are all cheering him on!  GO HECTOR - oh, and Dee seems to have promised him that I will post a special pic if he does well  in his race - of my Pom Poms - LOLOL - man oh man is she in trouble!

Cat- where was she all day?

Lots of really great talk about swim techinique today - yesterday running, today swimming - does that mean tomorrow will be cycling?

Dee, Scott and Pam are Scorpios - Beth and Hector are Leos - Sharon is Sagitarius - Sal is either a Cancer or a Leo, he just mentioned July

Well, those are some of the highlights - hope you enjoyed - I'm sure i missed things, but I better get back or you guys will be up to page 78 and I'll have to start all over!

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 11:54 AM
2007-11-21 11:54 AM
in reply to: #1063959

User image

Champion
Taser-World

Ah yes. Beth is either trying to make it easier for us, by consolidating our Nibbins Notes in one easy-to-find location.... Or else she's trying to pad her post count.

2007-11-21 11:55 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Weekend highlights - not as thourogh as nibbins notes, but hopefully you will enjoy them just the same :-(11/11/07)

Jeni - swim lesson went great!  woo hooo

Kendra - back from vacation - is now caught up from BT withdrawal - has great feet!

Hector - first 1/2 Mary today - we are all waiting for the RR - GO HECTOR!

Sal - great week of workouts and working and posting - spending time with friends today in Mankato

Sharon - how did the party go????? hope you had a blast

Tammy - do you always talk to yourself?  LOLOL

Amy - may be getting shin splints - advice is welcome (her hubby is not so sure this is a triatholon site - lol)

Heather - working lots of hrs at a tournament - if I remember right it's a BB tourney -

Cat - picked up a new mountain bike - now she just needs some nice weather to go riding!

Scott - no idea, oh Spokes, where are you??

Dee - really needs to get her shoulder looked at - yep, that's the group consensus! ;-)

Yanti - how was the date????????

Lots of talk around Stretching: Cat provided a great explanation

When you work out and muscles get put under stress one of their reactions is to tigthen... after awhile they dont loosen up as much and stay tight....

This will pull body parts out of alignment and cause injuries.... because other muscles will start to compensate for the tight muscles and it will affect how you move.

Also if muscles are held in a certain position (ie high heels) over time they will tighten to fit the position they are used to...

Stretching keeps the muscles supple and your body in good alignement (among other things)

2007-11-21 11:57 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Dee's Cliff Notes from 11/11

Here are the cliff notes:

Yanti had a hot date. Cat and Beth dressed her.

Yanti's new BF also helped by tying her up.

Later, he helped by untying her.

In the meantime, Hector had a race planned, and Dee said that if he ran really well, that Beth might show him her pom poms.

OK, you're up to speed now.... Um, more or less. LOL

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 11:57 AM

2007-11-21 11:57 AM
in reply to: #1063965

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

D001 - 2007-11-21 11:54 AM Ah yes. Beth is either trying to make it easier for us, by consolidating our Nibbins Notes in one easy-to-find location.... Or else she's trying to pad her post count.

who me?  Trying to pad my post count???? 

It's all about the team, just ask Kendra! 

2007-11-21 11:58 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins notes 11/12/07

Sal - had a great time in Mankato, says he didn't think about BT and the nibbins, with the exception fo Hector's race, Beth's promise, and breaking page 100 (ummmm - thought you said you didn't think about us - lol)  Oh and he ate 1/2 lb of bugles!

Hector - Wow, what a rough day, went for a ride, then to the pool - gonna watch some movies - maaaaan, once again proving Hector is one LUCKY man! and, where did you get that shirt? (spank me? - lolol)

Scott - MIA, celebrating his birthday???? Where are you????   Hellloooooooo   Happy Birthday tooooo youuuuuuuu!

Sharon - had a cute little visitor this morning, she took a pic too - very cool!  She also shared with us the correct technique for eating bugles!  Spinning and TEAM workout - you go girl!

Tammy - had an awesome run this morning, even though she didn't want to do it - she kicked azz!  She spent her day cleaning, playing and working?????

Brynn - ran and swam in the same day (yesterday) and now you can see the purple in her log - Go Brynn!

Kendra - posted pics from her trip and now we are all jealous!  She says we can come along on her Thanksgiving vacation!  Woo Hoo, wouldn't that be fun!

Jeni - had a sick son :-(  Hope he's feeling better!

Dee - sucked into actually working today - who do we talk to  so you can come and play during the day????  And, she can't see pics at work - poor dee, hector can relate!

lysaa - likes running in the freezing rain????? what is up with that????

Heather - spent time cleaning her office - evidently it got somewhat out of control during the tourney - oh, and most important - she had twins!!!! check out her matching stars!!  Congratulations Heather!

Yanti - well, as usually has teh most amazing timing - class A lurker that she is - even adapted a cute little tune in honor of the nibbins!

Cat - in a meeting, said she'd be back, ohhhhh Caaat! come back soon!

talk was around junkfood and the usual banter, and yes, banter is good! 

Everyone has gotten in a lot of great training so far and more to come!!!!

Have a great evening!

2007-11-21 11:59 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins notes - 11/12 - part II

Ok, don't get used to 2 nibbins notes per day - ya'll are so hard to keep up with, bless your hearts!

Jeni - her son is feeling much better

Pam - her kids are already picking out Christmas gifts for each other - LOLOL - priceless story, you really have to read it for yourself!

Sal - figured out why the thread is sooooooooooooooooo wide

Cat - got quite an education in bugels and corencopias - ok, so it was a little discombobulated - LOL, taught us some delightful Aussie speak (she lost her fishnets?  how does that happen???)

Brynn, Judi and Kristen stopped by to say hi - nice pic Kristen - lol

Hector - hmmm, still eating tacos?

Sal - picked up the slack and posted a green giant pic - we want Sparco yellow!!!!

Mila - taught us some southernisms

Dee - changed her sig line again!!!!

Here we go again!!!!!

2007-11-21 12:00 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes 11/13/2007

Lots of serious talk today around swim technique and running shoes - great info.  Also quite a bit of talk around foot injuries, causes, recovery, and prevention.

We also found out how many of us feel about the Blog vs Reply button in the inspire feature - is anyone else as confused as I first was?

Nibbins is currently in the lead with 37% completion of goals across the team - great job!!!!!

We made it to 117 pages and I just couldn't take it anymore - the thread was toooooooooo WIIIIIIIIIDE - needed more time posting and less time scrolling - LOL, not sure, but it seems like that might be some sort of a record!

Individual updates:

Dee - wow - she wasn't around all day, apparently she posted too much on monday and was having a hard time explaining it to her boss ;-)  Also, the letters are rubbing off of her keyboard, but we're pretty sure that won't slow her down any!

Scott - is at 76% of his goal for the month - he either needs to seriously taper or bump up his goal!  His foot is giving him some problems - could it be the new shoes?  stay tuned

Tammy - going on vacation for 3 1/2 weeks in Costa Ric - wow, she's hoping for internet access, but may go through some serious withdrawal - not even nibbins notes will be able to help with that!  She reached out for help with swim workouts and received lots of great advice, especially from Pam who is going to help her with some workouts

Jeni - quick visit, a post about swimming.  Hope her son is still feeling better!

Pam - Awesome swim tips,we all want you as a swim coach!

Donto - found us after turning off his notification over the weekend - whew! great tips about using Pam - the cooking spray- (unscented) with a wetsuit - also started the blog, reply banter

Hector - is now training for his first tri - Nov 25, only suprised Dee hasn't made a promise on Beth's behalf to motivate him ;-)

Sharon - had an awesome swim - she was flying through the water and feeling great about it!!!

Heather - saved the thread from a near record daytime silence 1 hour without a post (pretty sure the all time record - ws 1 hr 20 min) WTG Heather!!!  It's been a rat race at work for her, and all of the swimming talk is motivating her :-)

Cat - Lots of friday deadlines, checked into Twisnibbins wearing only a towel - went to work without the towel AND naked legs???????  LOL

Sal - Showed us some sparco yellow - really Sal - it's just not the same on the Gree Giant!!!  LOL - he posted a great link on page 14

Kendra - first official day back at work - the mice played while she was away -

That's it kids - I'm going to watch House now

2007-11-21 12:01 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Cliff notes by Dee – 114/14

Cliff notes for Hector: Do well in your race in two weeks, and Beth will reward you. The exact details of the reward have not yet been decided. However, the following has been mentioned: whips handcuffs fishnet stockings whipped cream ribbons Um, am I missing anything? I think there were a few more items..... LOL, I am so glad I don't live in Nebraska right now. Not only is it cold, but Beth would be visiting right about now to yell at me. LOL

2007-11-21 12:03 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes 11/14/07

Jeni – got in a quick ride, swimming today on her own no instructor.  Looking for some cycling help.  Bike issues, advice from the Nibbins – take it to the LBS

Amy – Dinner’s in the oven, her son thought it had disappeared – LOL.  She is going to run tonight and maybe go for a ride – spent the morning in the Kindergarten classroom – hmmmm, sounds quite exciting  

Dee – plotting Hector’ reward for after his tri; tassels, ribbons and pom poms appear to be under discussion.  Analyzing her swim times.

Heather – analyzing the proportional reality of the green giant – his legs, his legs!!  Little one had his last shot today. She spent the day creating teams 5/6 grade girls.  She loves her white cafe’ mocha (no whip cream)

Kendra – the Nibbins new story teller, is it Twisted Twisnibbins or Naughty Nibbins?  Her new avatar is a pic of her grandsons at Halloween.  Oh and we have to be good little Nibbins while she tells us a story ;-) (doesn’t seem like that’s likely to happen – LOL)

Tammy – very thankful for the swimming advice!!!  Tried out the first workout from Pam today and it ROCKED!!!!

Cat – getting a massage – HOT massage guy, went for a swim, still having headaches.  Needs a business case for a laptop.

Mila – take what she says with a grain of salt and serve it with a margarita – she is just one of the guys!  Advice – don’t stay out until closing when you go out with the guys if you want to stay out of trouble

Scott – Fleet was very understanding, full store credit – got a pair of Mizuno Alchemys!  Bought a Man Purse.  10 miles on the Drainer.  Foot is feeling much better. He’s turning into a republican???

Sal – fell asleep at the concert, poor guy – just tired, not a bad parent. No workout, slept in this morning J  that always feels so good!  Time for a new pic – evidently we’ve depleted his supply – LOL.  

Lyssa – posted a hot pic – Nice Boots!!! She received several requests for a whip????

Pam – still having trouble with the hip – going to do a 3 mile run today.  Pace was good , not feeling good about HR

Sharon – is a happy fishy, obviously still feeling great from her swim

Donto – did his core #4, ice cream and chocolate syrup – didn’t watch all of the Biggest Loser, hmmmm??  Rode his bike to work again today, WTG!!!

Hector – wanting to know what his reward for his tri is going to be

Other topics
Bacteria Cause Chocolate Cravings
Flirted with a discussion on politics???????
The need for blackberries for the nibbins, so we can discreetly post in Twisnibbins as we look very important in our meetings!

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 12:04 PM
2007-11-21 12:05 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes:  11/14/07 - pm
Important Correction from 11/13/07

Mila – take what she says with a grain of salt and serve it with a margarita – she is just one of the guys!  Advice – don’t stay out until closing when you go out with the guys if you want to stay out of trouble (this was actually Cat’s advice, not Mila’s – the jury is out as to whether or not Cat actually follows her own advice – lol).  Long story short, Mila IS trouble ;-)

Scott – very metro with his murse

Cat – remembered to wear her ‘nice knickers’ to work.  Was invited to a fabulous party, waited until the last minute to buy a dress -   Twisnibbins get your thinking caps on... Im going to a party... dress code "Cocktail Glam".. think red carpet, think marilyn monroe, think.... Girl on a budget!!!   Oh, and Dancing is her ‘happy place’!

Donto – uses his PC in portrait mode – hmmmmmm, page numbers creep up on him even faster than the rest of us!

Heather – great advice on dresses/skirts to wear when riding rides at an amusement park – the voice of experience perhaps? ;-).  Went to agility class, which prompted her to challenge the Nibbins with a very interesting task. Left work at 8:20 pm??????

Pam – actually had to work today, turns out her new boss recognized that she has a brain!

Judi – tried out the video Cat recommended (it was an exercise video – shame on you!), it was a killer workout.  Gave some great advice to Cat – black lace over cream – WE WANT PICS!!!!!

Max – mystery visitor with impeccable timing – will he visit again??? (page 31)

Kendra – caught the nibbins talking behind her back (ok, so it was just Beth – LOL). We can expect a story when we least expect it?

Hector - over 20 presentations to oversee for the training department and meetings all the way through the weekend. He has to implement an anal (???) audit program.

Topics
PF – ugh, lots of us have it – is there a silver bullet?

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 12:07 PM
2007-11-21 12:07 PM
in reply to: #1063972

User image

MotoQueen
lastcall2003 - 2007-11-21 11:57 AM

D001 - 2007-11-21 11:54 AM Ah yes. Beth is either trying to make it easier for us, by consolidating our Nibbins Notes in one easy-to-find location.... Or else she's trying to pad her post count.

who me?  Trying to pad my post count???? 

It's all about the team, just ask Kendra! 

Yeah, no talking on this thread, only nibbins notes.
2007-11-21 12:16 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes:  11/15/07

Tammy – First to arrive in Nibbins this morning.  She wants to borrow Max’s skirt????  She may be riding the  Silver Comet trail – which is an old converted rail line used for biking – (not an *innuendo* LOL)

Kendra – 3 mile run AND 3 miles on the drainer – WTG Kendra!!!  She and the hubby are thinking about getting rid of the landline, she’s looking for thoughts on the topic.  Went to the dentist – not fun.

Sal – The thread ambassador defended the Twisnibbins honor with guns a’blazn’  - Nicely done Sal!!!(he also extended and invite to come visit, in true Nibbins style – again – nicely done!)  

yosemite sam

He is doing the Turkey Run next Thursday – so lots of cheering him on Nibbins style is expected!!!

Judi – got a her hair cut today (I cannot wait for Saturday when my appt is) – oops sorry, this is about Judi

;-)

Pam – Hip is stiff, she went to the chiro – didn’t like the news she got. Yummy school lunch today with her daughter (that is the stuff memories are made of!).  Send her lots of good wishes 

Mila – Taught us how to say octopus – “ossa-poose” – how cute is that!!!  Hope she enjoyed her play on BT all day a rest day ;-)  Mila’s bike is sassalicious!

haron – giving blood today and will be choosing to ignore the “no intense exercise” advice.  Some solid advice was shared to ensure her safety on the Eliptical.

Donto – Also having a school lunch today, hmmmmm – must be the season!  Hope he survived the double serving of Turkey and didn’t fall asleep at work.  At least if you’re playing on Twisnibbins and people hear the clicking of your keyboard – they assume that you are working – sleeping is a little harder to cover up – LMAO

Max – claims his incredibly big post count is not due to chattiness – I guess that remains to be seen!  He set a goal for 2 hrs on the drainer – Go Max! – (oh wait, he’s not actually on the Twisnibbins team) – oh well – Go Max!  Oh, and he’s ‘blaming’ Cat for his appearance on the thread – I’m sure Cat may have something to say about that.

Hector – working some really long days.  He had to review over 20 power point presentations (talk about h3ll!!) – be sure to inspire him!!! (oh and buy him a beer – sounds like he needs one!)

Kristen – ‘hearts’ the Twisnibbins and loves us, and not only for our excellent snack advice!  Kristen, we ‘heart’ you tooo!

Cat – picked up her orthos – woo hooo!!  Had to work Boo Hoo!

Amy – looking for input on an avatar

Heather – recommended a lovely avatar for AmyOther Topics
Hot legs pic alert – I’ll let you discover who the legs belong to!
Mrs Max is truly and inspiration!!
2007-11-21 12:19 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

11/16/01 - Beth was out of town, Sal did notes, Thanks Sal!

O.K., this is Nibbins Notes Part I (no way I have time to go through all those posts, but it's a start...I don't know how Beth does it).  I have to work today.  Please feel free to contribute to these notes at any time during the day...I left off at p. 45 of the Twisnibbins II thread:
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=95049&start=1321
(the last Nibbins Note update is on page 44)

Tammy - has her eye on a new bike.  Her quote of the day 'we're getting wide again.'  I told her to speak for herself and was quickly reprimanded.  She has weekend party plans which involve watching her Buckeyes BEAT Michigan.

Sharon - worked out after giving blood despite the warning.  She was hoping to strategically place herself on a machine next to a strong sensitive athletic type who would be able to catch her as she faints.

Mila - showed us pics of her pretty pink bike complete with a pink Bento box, but despite that is looking to upgrade to a pretty pink tri bike.  She claims I made her work too hard to train for her Half Iron relay.  Little does she know that she can't be coached.

Kristen - of Team Moscateers has been sent as the team spy.  They are using a secret font to talk about our team, but it didn't work...we have Johnny English on our side.  She will be rooting for the Big Tidy Bowl Blue Machine this weekend.

Max - his wife is foxylicious.

(Guys, this is only 1 page of thread!!! {the previous Nibbins Notes was on page 44}...please continue the Nibbins Notes...feel free to cut, edit and paste into a new post.  I left off at page 45...carry on...

2007-11-21 12:22 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes:  11/17/07

Kristen meet Hector, Hector meet Kristen – how is it the two of you haven’t bumped into each other yet?? LOL

Amy – got her first star!!!! Wooo Hooooo! Now she just needs an avatar ;-)  Although she just started training, she has identified her favorite part of it as the Legs!  Ah yes, a true twisnibbins woman!

Kristen – posted two pics, eyes and toes – very creative Kristen!!! She enjoyed watching football – hmmmm, the rest of the message was a secret code??? 

Dee – posting secret messages to Amy regarding how to distract the Nibbins and keep them guessing as to whether or not a pic has been posted.  Crafty Hector broke the code muwhahaha 

Hector – mooned Heather – which prompted Heather to start brainstorming clever ideas for the gals motivational pics!  He also mooned Dee, so she wouldn’t feel left out.  He is attending a party in honor of a friend that is leaving for Iraq on Monday.  Best wishes and many thanks all of the brave people defending freedom.  Our thoughts and prayers are with them. 

Sal – was sucked in by all of the talk about Little Debbie – he and his daughter bought Oatmeal Cream Pies – he had those with some ice cream – hmmmmm, does this mean Sal is easily influenced? LOL   

Cat – hates shopping, but must shop…… the clock is ticking and she needs a party dress! She now has 4 options, but cannot decide – quickly team, weigh in – pics are posted on page 10 – Help dress Cat! 

Max – has the ugliest toenails this side of the Mississippi (which side is it???), he offered to let Hector know about a good brand of press on fingernails – hmmm, haven’t seen Hector take him up on that offer yet – LOL 

Dee – prefers moonie guys to smiley faces – LOL  She is continuously making improvements.  Seriously need to move somewhere that she can get a better connection to the internet 

Pam – had a raspberry martini – a pink drink, sounds like it would be right up Mila’s alley.  Help requested for dealing with tendonitis!! She is looking for ways to make lemonade out of lemons –in true Nibbins fashion!

Mila – hangover prevention, margaritas, a night out – we need details! ;-) Her advice (yes Mila’s advice, not Cat’s is that “when the waitress tells you she added something "special" to the last pitcher you probably shouldn't drink it .” 

Kendra – lost her tennis match,  she doesn’t seem too upset though as she and her partner had a lot of good laughs and may still come in 2nd place.  Kendra is an official addict –  power went out, the clocks in her house were blinking, the laptop had the time, the laptop led to BT???? LOLOL 

Scott – is a alive – new PR – foot is on the mend

Jeni – had her second swimming lesson, which went really well! Great progress Jeni J. Has a mega paper due, don’t worry Jeni, if you need a kick in the azz, I know just the group to do it!  Big night out planned, lets hope the child care didn’t flake out!

Judi – provided a definition of a miracle bra ;-) and is sporting a fresh sassy haircut!

Other Topics

• Boobs and Miracle bras
  • Swim caps and hair turning green and orange
  • Volunteering is a good way to remind ourselves of how fortunate we are!

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 12:23 PM
2007-11-21 12:25 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes:  11/18/07

Sal – enjoys cheesecake and sometimes has it more than once a week ;-)

Dee – continues to experiment with Avatars, we watched her dog group up before our very eyes – I think she’s back to being a pool now, but we know that may not last for long!  She’s feeling a little like the teacher in Calvin and Hobbs this month – LOL, Dee will there be more challenge organizing in your future?

Brynn – weighed in on the ‘what should Cat wear to the party’ aka, let’s dress Cat!  Hi Brynn!  I also happen to know that she is making great progress on her swim goal – WTG!

Cat – owns all four outfits that have been posted, so now it’s really down to choices, I wonder what the mood of the evening will be?  She has to be able to go from work to the party, so the selection must be work appropriate as well.  She got her new Orthos, but is experiencing a bit of trouble with blisters

Kendra – Went to see the Blue Man group in concert, ran 2 miles and went shopping with hubby on Saturday – busy, buys!  She won’t be around today as she is participating in a March of Dimes walk at Calloway Gardens under the Christmas lights – sounds beautiful – maybe she’ll post a pic!

Mila – has two puppies, Annie and Zeke, apparently Zeke is quite affectionate and sticks to his humans like Velcro! 

Hector – went to part, was typing under the influence and posted pics of his two puppers, Mick and Remey!  They actually look a lot like Beth’s puppies Annie and Romeo!  Oooh, rough night for Hector – and he had to work today – he needs inspires!

Sharon – provided an excellent recap of her ChiRunning workshop – check out page 19!  Thanks Sharon!!!

Max – 5 mile road race and a walk with his foxy wife! He is sporting #09 Glitzy Glam by Milani

Judi – is thinking about a pretty major change in jobs, send lots of positive thoughts her way!!

Heather – has great advice about cats, sounds like the cat came along with the husband – sounds familiar – lol

Kristen – prefers wine over beets (frankly who wouldn’t – lol) actually, she despises beets and loves wine – check out her short and long term goals ;-)

Yanti – misses us, so maybe she’ll come out and play more often J Oh, she also has plenty of bad jokes and pics of scantily clad men around – hmmmmm, trying to figure out exactly how the two go together – lol

Topics of discussion
Pets; dogs, cats, allergies, beets turning them pink – honestly I lost track - lol

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 12:26 PM
2007-11-21 12:27 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes:  11/19/2007(pages 24 – 37):

Nighttime Nibbins recap – starting somewhere after page 24,  “rubbing off, burning lips, authentic enchiladas and getting off (of work, of course)” – I’ll leave it to you to discover the details - LOLOL

Amy – definitely getting protective of her *stars* - LOLOL, seeking input on music during running and biking – taking best on how long she can leave her kids alone without a catastrophe

Scott – foot continues to feel better, went for a short bike ride.  He needs to pony up his input for Cat (and quickly, the party is coming up!!!)

Yanti – cravings have been temporarily stayed. Her roommate delivered chips and salsa from El Tarasco. MMMMMMM!!   She’s experiencing some taper madness, so be kind to the girl

Judi – has a new *star*, and is thinking through some difficult career questions

Mila – Showed her thrill seeking hubby an exciting video (link below), sounds like he’s going to start planning their next vacation – LOL.  She’s teaching a couple of spin classes and then going to do her ‘real’ job – Hey Mila, what is your real job???

Kristen – is a big fan of the  services that pre-make the meals and then you can heat them up = ‘My Girlfriends Kitchen’ is she and her hubby’s favorite

Kendra – Had a beautiful walk at Calloway Gardens.  It was warm and she wished she had worn shorts.  She would definitely it again, but next time she will bring a flashlight.  No pics?  What was she thinking? LOL.  She has two cute kitties, Shadow and Cassie.  She also made an excellent contribution to the ‘talk like yeer from Scotln’ Day  http://www.fife.50megs.com/scots-glossary.htm

Cat – is leaning toward a certain option, she’s given some clues, 

Sal - declares “November 19th as 'Talk Like Yeer From Scotlan' Day' or b'er yet another 'Talk Like a Pirate Day'...arrrrrhhh, shiver me timbers...”  After his big presentation to the VP, he’s off for a week, but no worries:  Sal says:  “mind ye, but checking in with the Twisnibbins...I'd meet me rope's end if I nary checked in all week...fair winds 'til later...”

Dee – sadly lost her connection at home last night , *(^*%^&$^%^)^*)%(&*(_ x 2 sums up her reaction

Heather – working on final bb teams, glad to know I’m not the only Nibbins that procrastinates once in a while, is speculating if the pirates made Amy walk the plank.  Checking out her first Tri, perhaps on June 7!  How exciting!  racetri.com – Salem Race, wetsuit advice needed

Topics
·         A walk down memory lane that included Boones Farm, Cold Duck, Tang, Crystal Light, Mad Dog 20/20, California Coolers and others  (it’s truly a wonder most of us made it – LOL)
·         Places to prep many meals and freeze for later
·         http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=4262
·         Pirate songs

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 12:28 PM
2007-11-21 12:30 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes:  11/19 Part II (part I can be found here – click at your own risk, you never know how far the thread will have advanced by the time you return – LOL)

Kendra – working on employee reviews/evaluations – just ask her how much she loves doing them - LOL

Judi – applied for a new job – send her lots and lots of positive thoughts!

Scott – is almost at 100% of his goal – hmmmmm, does he need to up his goal?

Sal – did a great job on his presentation, got buy in from the VP, woo hoo – way to go Sal!!!  Has a really fun and relaxing week planned – I’m sure we’ll see him around some though 

Kristen – gets to go home for good, 3 weeks from tomorrow! Yaaaaay!  How cool is it that she gets to take us along with her??

Dee – needs help finding her brain, it has fallen into a black hole (Twisnibbins???)  Her day went by verrrrrrry slowwwwwly!

Jeni –had a tough weekend, send her some love!!

Heather – got her leagues finished up!!!! Yaay

Hector – haven’t heard from him………….hope he’s still alive

Cat – work is piling up, and she STILL hasn’t decided what to wear to the party!  Tonight’s the night though – she has got to decide or go naked in her work clothes
Discussion Topics
Nebraska and Iowa football coaching staffs should BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY.
Twisnibbins TLYFS Day and TLAP Day officially over.
Methods of quickly getting caffeine into the body
Methods of relieving stress, including wine, margaritas, sugar….  All of which can lead to excessive posting on Twisnibbins late into the night
2007-11-21 12:32 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes:  11/20/07

Judi – is a good stick, just give her your arm – LOL

Cat – the Aussie holidays are on the other side of chrissie – Nov 22 is going to be a party recovery day (she must have decided she’s going to imbibe, if only a wee bit).  Went to the physio – it is looking like she is going to get to run soon (keep your fingers crossed!)

Heather – OMG, I actually started singing My teams are done to the tune of HiHo the Derio – ACKK!

Sal – has the beginning of a cavity – maybe he better lay off of the cheesecake – LOL – ok, well for sure Little Debbie (lay off Little Debbie?  That just sounds wrong).  He made dinner for his family since he is on vacation – here’s what was for dinner Pollo Tortilla Sopa (Chicken Tortilla Soup) http://www.colophoncafe.com/pdf/pollo_tortilla_sopa.pdf

Kristen – In addition to demonstrating her talent for procrastinating, showed us just how handy she is with paint (yes, photo shop is waaaaay better!)

Sharon is off the rest of the week, has a nice mix of practical, family, and social activities planned!

Scott – posted pics from his Apple Hill run – looks like it was hard work!

Dee – crunching numbers and cracking the whip!  Go Dee! Uh Oh, Dee meet Debbie, Debbie meet Dee – how many calories? 5000000000000?  Wow, that’s a lot of  Debbie, not just a little Debbie – LOLOL – (ah, sometimes I crack myself up)

Amy – COME BACK!!! – Oh, no Amy hit the thread in one of the rare lulls and thought she was here by herself 

Mila – had to work hard today – she shared that she is an educational consultant.  This lady does it all (including busting Sal – LOL).  Oh my, what a day she had!  Nibbins notes cannot do the story justice – this one you have to hear for yourself!   Happy Anniversary Mila! 

Pam – stopped in to say Happy Holidays, she is enjoying time with family – sounds like her daughter wants them to stay forever – lol

Hector – went to San Dimas to check out the course for his tri.  He was able to do part of the course, which is a great confidence boost for him for Sunday (and, he looks pretty dang hot in lycra!)

Scott – will be in meetings all day, sounds like fun, huh – oh and if you were trying to figure out what he does – here is how his father describes it “ensure that projects meet the requirements to be paid for with federal transportation planning and construction funds.”  I finally get it!  Thanks Dad!

Discussion Topics:

Travel, packing and procrastination, Little Debbie made another guest appearance – she is pure evil, it’s been decided
The many faces of tweety bird
*Stars* and *star* envy – oh wait, we talk about that every day – LOL
Cheesecake does Not equal soup!

2007-11-21 12:35 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes:  11/20/07 Part II

Don – Needs a KITA!!!   Be sure to inspire, beg, motivate, chastise, use whatever means necessary to help him reach his goal!!  He also highly recommends the movie - "just friends".  Not to be forgotten about – the hot legs thread – check it out here!

Kristen – loves carbonation, is proud of her climbing post count and has a h3ll of a lot to get done before she jets!  We don’t know how much she got done, but we know she was making progress!  Safe travels Kristen!

Dee – needs a Little Debbie intervention – (oh wait, it’s too late) LOL  (I won’t mention that she is holding Twisnibbins responsible – LOL).  Her connection speed at work is faster, but she must be crafty to avoid prying eyes that may not understand naked leg pics – speaking of which, I haven’t seen any lately – hmmmmmm

Pam – Off to visit the “Land of Tempting Junk Food”.  Swam today!!!! Wooo Hooo   – got disrupted by talk about work – booo hoooo!   

Lyssa – Long time no see!!! She’s missed us and we’ve missed her, come back and visit soon!

Scott – apparently is quite a star trek fan – LOL (btw – there isn’t a prize for the longest post – LOL, ummmmm, did that come out wrong?  Oh, and he’s looking hot “in an artsy fartsy” sort of way 

Mila – in case you missed the first update – it’s her Anniversary today!!!

Sal – is enjoying his vacation!  Did you know he knows the ‘inventor’ of Fizzix – fizzy yogurt – Kristen, if you decide to try it, let me know what it’s like. Hmmmm, “the beer of yogurt”  - good one Kristen!  

Kendra – likes Ho Ho’s better than Ding Dongs or Little Debbie (which, for the record was clearly stated somewhere in one of the other threads – LOL), the real question is, was this included in previous Nibbins Notes or not???? (happy hunting Kendra – hehehe).  She finished her evaluations!  Whoo Hoo!

Heather – Officially registered for her first TRI Event –WTG Heather, you better find that swimsuit girlfriend!  J  We are sooo proud of you!  Yoo Hoo Honey Bun!!!!!  LOLOL – (referencing a favorite childhood snack of Heather's)

Hector – quest for the day:  to find a pool to try his wet suit out!,  He’s going to learn how to fry a turkey for Thanksgiving.  So, does Hector like Ding Dongs or did he call Dee a Ding Dong?  I’ll let you be the judge ;-

Cat – Yaaaaaay!!!! She made a decision, well sort of – LOL, she has a firm first choice, and a second choice waiting in her car in the wings.  We will be waiting to hear all about it – (remember Nibbins, she has another event coming up, with which she will certainly need help dressing). 

Discussion Topics
Ding dongs, twinkies, ho ho’s, and Little Debbie – an evil crowd for sure!
Time off plans
Meetings and evaluation times, well work in general and how it is interfering with BT time
The dangers of shopping at IKEA

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 12:35 PM
2007-11-21 12:36 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes – 11/20 part III

Hector – described his first encounter with his new wetsuit – LOL, needless to say he got lots of advice on how to make sure it slides on easily, including PAM, body glide and turkey grease?????  So, how did it go?  He missed the party tonight – so I’m wondering if he got stuck or something - LOL

Donto –  “Work is a distraction”  - yep, that sums it all up! Soooooo, how’d ya sleep after that late in the day Red Bull??  He made some serious progress toward his goal!! ( oh, and I neglected to mention earlier that he got some new toys – tri toys, that is)

Cat – taking in last minute advice about whether or not accessories are necessary or just a distraction away from the boobs – LOL –  She found her fish nets!!!!! (and they weren’t in her car – lol)

Max – checked in HI!!! Oh, and he has a great new idea for a daily update :-).  I’m also thinking he could come up with 1001 uses for leaf mulch!

Brynn – stopped by looking for volunteers to help with her yard work – apparently she’s been procrastinating ;-).  Max sounded like he might be willing to help out – well if he could use the vaccum mulchy thing that she doesn’t own yet (but is trying to talk her husband in to buying) at 3 am - LOL

Dee – made a fabulous suggestion for Cat’s sig line – LOLOL.  She also makes up stories when the real stories aren’t as interesting as she hoped ;-) – apparently they are called ‘concepts’

Kendra – points out that our conversations are NOT irrelevant, after all “We are serious about our PAM spray and turkeys!!!”  ROTFLMAO

Scott – is beginning to believe that he has a realistic chance of finishing the CIM in < 4:00 – Go Scott!

Judi – is in need of a time machine to fast forward through the next couple of days!  Hang in there Judi!

Pam – checked in from the “Land of Tempting Junk food” – sounds like she could use some moral support! 

Mila – poor princess, her son broke his finger at BB practice and she spent the evening in the ER – hopefully she at least had some cheesecake ;-)

Sharon – Hope she had a great day off!

Jeni – Looks like she must be busy – I know she’s getting in some great workouts!

Tammy – ahhh, in Costa Rica – am I jealous or what??

Discussion Topics
Nutrition:
The 3 basic food groups:
1) Sugar
2) Caffeine
3) Chocolate
+ red meat and french fries/wedges/baked potato....
Hollywood Tape –
2007-11-21 3:28 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes 11/21/2007

Amy – Still trying to decide on an Avatar.  Her ankle barks at her when she tries to run – and she wants to run more,  further, faster!  (worth noting – she has boots with 3 inch heels that don’t seem to bother her ankle – to quote Sal – “where’s Scott?”- LMAO)

Jeni – Feeling better about her goal – she is > 50% of her run goal – WTG Jeni!  She’s headed to the pool today – working on drills from Total Immersion! 

Sal – Dedicated Nibbins that he is, was one of the first to visit the thread this morning (posting a yummy pic, I might add!).  Sal is getting a cavity – hmmmm, is it the sports drink or the cheesecake?  He went to a Spin class this morning, now lots of honey do’s and a movie!

Cat – her feet hurt was it the dancing or the orthos???)  and she stayed up past her bedtime, must have been a great party! Ah, haaa, it was the dancing – although no sore neck from the rides!  Uh Oh, she’s going to the dentist tomorrow.  She PROMISES a full report on the party as soon as she get's settled into work.

Max – has a bigger nail polish Sal on than Sal’s wife!  Today he’s sporting Sally Hansen #470, Back To The Fuchsia. Bonus!  He went to Koh’s today and got an additional 15% off (for being such a handsome guy!)

Kendra – had to go to the dentist today – boo hoo, but no yucky work – woo hoo.  We must note that Kendra now has over 800 stars!!! Yaaaaaay Kendra!!!  Oh yes, and I must mention that it was Kendra’s idea to start the “Chronicles of Twisnibbins”.  Sounds like she makes some killer cheesecake!  (Sal, I don't think she's going to give up the recipie - lol)

Pam – Is making healthy pies for her family, shhhhhhhhhhh, don’t tell – it’s her secret and her family has yet to figure it out ;-)  hey Pam, we’d love the recipes!

Dee – while she might not know her Ho Ho’s from her Ding Dongs, she does know her little Debbie Swiss Cake Rolls – in fact she has a new avatar to prove it!  Finally recovered from her sugar high, and someone brought cake into work – STEP AWAY FROM THE CAKE!

Sharon – Had a great day off yesterday, got a lot done!  She’s packing and heading to her Mom’s for the next couple of days!

Heather – misses snow (she can have mine – lol), sounds like she had a very busy morning!  She saw the Chronicles of Twisnibbens thread and immediately had visions of Twisnibbens on tape – RSS feeds (ok, I made that up)

Yanti - stopped in just in time to give Kendra and Beth a Kapow and a challenge to move our azzes (we were both suffering from lack of motivation)  thanks Yanti

Mila – don’t worry, Sal knows you can NEVER be replaced

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 3:31 PM
2007-11-21 11:23 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

11/21

the World according to Cat (while Beth went swimming - and watched a movie) - thanks Cat!

Notes from Cat

Notes are here but they are from about 5 hours ago.... not too much happened since then...

I posted a party report but its LONG... do NOT read it unless yuo have time!! Beth is off swimming

Dee doesnt like her single silver star

heather has left for the holidays I think

ummm gonnatrione has booked in her first massage

Kendra is coming back soon I think

Max is trying to decide on a nail polish colour

Dee changed her avatar to a dolphin she cant see

Scott has a hot blode jockstrapping for him

Zipp1 is worried about turkey burns

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 11:23 PM
New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Chronicles of Twisnibbins, aka Nibbins Notes Rss Feed  

of 2