Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Chronicles of Twisnibbins, aka Nibbins Notes Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-11-21 11:26 PM
in reply to: #1063956

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Subject: RE: The Chronicles of Twisnibbins, aka Nibbins Notes
Nibbins Notes – 11/21/07 – Part II

Cat – the party was awesome!  You can find a full report HERE.  She did say that hopping in and out of a small cart thing and on to a carousel horse in heels and a dress is HARD! My personal favorite quote is “I feel happy and attractive” – you go girl!!!

Kristen – popped in to say Hello and Happy Thanksgiving!  She’s making cheesecake for dessert tomorrow ;-)

Donto – Poor guy, he was the only one at the office today so he was flooded with work and had no time to play :-(.  

Scott – His house in Mississippi finally sold!  Yippeee

Kendra – Got in her training session (as did Beth).  She got a lot of errands done and has joined the rest of us in shamelessly padding her post for more stars – LOL – Nice *stars* Kendra!  We all want to travel with Kendra, she is now one of those people that gets to board first on Delta – Niiice! – How did the Tennis match go?

Dee – tried unsuccessfully to turn us all into a bunch of Warty, hairy TOADS. – (shhhh, don’t tell her, she really thinks she has the power) – must be some sort of reaction to the Little Debbie overload yesterday – LMAO.  Hmmmm, Dee is deprived, she’s never had a massage and doesn’t own any nail polish – I’m sure Max will loan you some! (I’m sure you could get some volunteers for a massage – lol)

Heather – sounded almost disappointed that the curse didn’t work as she would have taken advantage of it and hopped right out of work!

Max - wearing his purple hair in the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot, I needed a complimentary nail polish and decided on Cover Girl's #558, "Grapevine"  - and he’s looking for some input.  His wig will be the same color – you gotta love a guy that’s color coordinated

So Fresh so Clean – stopped in to visit Twisnibbins and totally busted Beth talking to herself while she was catching up with what happened while she was working out and watching a movie (oops, I just included something about myself in the Nibbins Notes, I must be slipping – oh wait, am I talking to myself again?

Amy – MWAH – back at you!!! She’s getting a massage on Friday – sounds mahvelous!  She’s a little askeered about doing a tri – Looks likes she needs some encouragement from the Nibbins!!

Judi – her day was a 6 on the suck-o- meter. Based on how her days have been going, this is a plus.  Send positive thoughts and wishes to her as she has to work until 3 pm tomorrow – may it be an easy and quick day!!!  And, she is in search of Phasers – LOL (we need to keep sending good mojo for a career change)

Yanti – is going out for food and bowling with friends tonight – have fun Yanti!!

Hector – fried some turkeys, drank some beer (one, so he says) and is preparing for friends and family to arrive

Pam – stopped in to say hi, provide some sound advice about frying turkeys and let us know she is going to refrigerate her pies

Sal – made a late night appearance to clarify the term jockstrapping, Thanks Sal!

Discussion Topics
Swimming
Massages
Cat’s party
Proper turkey frying techniques

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-21 11:27 PM

2007-11-22 11:49 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nighttime Nibbins 11/21/07 – special edition – Cat was a very tired girl, so Hector offered to tuck her in tell her an action adventure story (evidently singing lullabies isn’t Hector’s thang – LOL).  Soooooo, you will have to read about Gustov and how he crashed into Cat’s room, swinging from a vine with his bushy chest hair exposed due to his half open pirate shirt?????? LMAO

Cat and Dee, left alone in Twisnibbins had an excellent discussion about astronomy (*star* watching)

Non-BT person: "So what did you do last night?"
Dee: "Well, I was star-watching a lot."
Non-BT person: "Oh, I love astronomy too."
Dee: "Huh?"

and how one would explain BT to a non- BT person – lol

Dee: "OK, so we all talk about, well, pretty much about nothing. But it takes a lot of time to do that. Which is why I don't have time for anything else. Including sleep. But I do eat a lot of Little Debbies..... And every now and then, we talk about swimming, or else Hector tells us a bedtime story.... And on occasion, I turn everyone into toads.... And Cat found her fishnets in the bathtub. Although she couldn't remember why she put them there."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nibbins Notes:  11/22/07

Dee – is traveling today – again, being the mystery woman that she is, I have no idea where she is traveling to – (or maybe I missed that post – lol)  hmmmm, I wonder if Comeandgetit will be traveling with her?

– is traveling today – again, being the mystery woman that she is, I have no idea where she is traveling to – (or maybe I missed that post – lol)  hmmmm, I wonder if Comeandgetit will be traveling with her?

Sal:  Is thankful for Freedom, family, friends and his good health.  Ran his 5k this morning and spent the day enjoying friends, family, and food

Hector:  Went to the beach to try out his new wetsuit.  Got some advice from some seasoned swimmers on the zipper being in the back.  He had a short but good swim, which gave him a lot of confidence in the water.  He is feeling really ready for his race!  He had a house full of family and noisy joy for the holiday.

Max:  Max and Patti did a 5k this morning and have plans to eat an 18lb turkey – lol, I guess I know where we can go for leftovers!  He showed remarkable restraint at dinner – and worked out! 

Kendra:  popped in to say “ribbit, ribbit ribbit, croak.”   OHHHHH NOOOOO, Dee’s spell worked, she done turned Kendra into a Toad!

Judi – Had a 0000000 day on the suckometer!!! The ER was slow and not stressful.  Yaaaaay, I guess all of our positive thoughts for her must have helped!  She is now also an Expert after one season of tries and a few challenges of yapping!  LOL

Heather – stopped in to say howdy – she said something about searching ads online – hmmm, I wonder what she’s looking for?

Mila: had a great conversation with her 9 year old about what food items at dinner were healthy, in the end, Mila’s advice was for her to stick with the ham – lol.  She enjoys the southern tradition of moms drinking wine preparing everything but the Turkey, while the men drink beer, fry turkeys and watch the children – oh, and any advice on how to log hamster chasing would be appreciated ;-).

Cat:  Has been working on the swim challenge – woo hoo.  She has a dentist appointment and is not looking forward to it at all.  

Pam:  Is looking for tips on a liquid diet to make up for multiple Thanksgiving feasts

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-22 11:52 PM
2007-11-24 4:54 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes 11/23

It’s been kind of slow in Twisnibbins the past few days.  Lots of folks are traveling, shopping, decorating, and entertaining family and friends. (although I would venture a guess that we probably still had more activity than most threads – LOL)

Yanti – has finally earned the title that matches her stars – she is now to be referred to as Master Mistress Yanti

Max – Did not battle aggressive moms at Walmart for the latest bargains.  Posted a rainbow of nail colors for us to select from – The color on the left ring finger won the vote (now if I only knew which color that was, hmmmm)  – it must have taken a while to paint each nail a different color!  His A race for next year will be the November edition of the Ironman of Arizona – GO MAX!!!!!

Sal – had lots of honey dos yesterday and had a bowl of cheerios and three mint bars, for breakfast, which was promptly followed by a shameless double post! Lol.  Despite lots of casual walkers and strollers, Sal managed to do an awesome job in his race

Mila- Saturday got off to a bit of a rough start and she had to wait until later in the afternoon to get her manicure and swim in (Sal is it true that you question Mila’s ability to follow a training plan?  LOL).  Mila is sporting a lovely manicure featuring OPI’s Romeo and Juliet

Pam – Slept until 11 on Friday (can you say heaven?)

Heather –braved the early morning sales at ToysRUs.  Got what she was looking for and doesn’t regret her decision to stick it out.  Did the Circuit city order go through?  Ahhh, the secret of avoiding the long lines at Kohls is to purchase a jewelry item and check out at the jewelry counter – clever!

Kendra – spent Friday morning shopping with the hubby and managed to get an extra 10% off of her items at Kohls – she was definitely in the right place at the right time!.  She did not ride the silver comet, due to weather conditions.  Has 2 trees up with lights and is busy planning a party already!

Kristen – is having a WONDERFUL time with her family.  She is spending lots of time playing with her kids!

Discussion Topics

Manicures and nail polish colors
The November Arizona Ironman
Wine

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-24 5:01 PM
2007-11-25 10:43 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes 11/24/2007:

Kendra – had to work at the library, we’ve all been invited to her Holiday Party, but please disregard the date, in her invitation, it’s really the 8th, not the 6th – do you suppose that was meant to throw us off?  LOL, bring a Toy for  ToT (she’s a little askeered because Kristen and Mila could actually show up at her party – LOLOL)

Sal –  Went for a run in sub freezing temps.  BRRRR.  He did not miss Kendra’s hint for painted toes (yes Sal I know I still owe you a pic, my camera is charging….)

Heather – went for a run, it was also cold and she hit a few icy patches.  She’s working with her hubby to help him set goals – he’s going to be doing a marathon

Kirsten – is having a great time with her family and cannot wait to get home for good, it wont be long!!!

Hector – had a great day, took another swim in his wetsuit and was comfortable.  He got an email that confirmed what he had already discovered, the route for the race is slightly longer than advertised – no worries for Hector though, he is READY!!!

Amy – Had her first massage – Loved it!  Her ankle is still bothering some – maybe she should pull out the boots with the 3” heels again – LOL.  Her hubby is home, so they’re going to be decorating the house for the holidays!

Scott – his run on Thursday sucked, too many people, he had a nice Thanksgiving, joined REI, doubled is running mileage from last year and he is ready for the Marathon!

Cat – was missing from Twisnibbins for 36 hours – she needed a mental health day.  She’s seriously cranky (for real) over the outcome of the election. 

Mila – procrastinating on house cleaning, instead drinking wine and hanging out on-line, nothing wrong with her choice in my mind ;-)  Wow, Mila had never been to BK until 6 years ago when she moved to Atlanta! 

Pam – had a yummy Andes Mont milk shake from Jack in the Box.  She needs help snapping out of her sugar and junk food binge - pretty sure I wouldn’t ask Dee for advice on this one! ;-)

Sharon – has had a lovely weekend with friends and family – she has one more play day on Sunday.  Enjoy Sharon!

Lyssa – stopped by to visit only to find the thread still in a Turkey Coma!

Dee – a little birdie told me she’ll be home on Sunday!  Hope she has had a wonderful weekend!

Discussion Topics

Did Scott peak too soon???? (marathon training people! Shhhhesssh!  LOLOL)

ps

I've been busy decorating my house, hanging out with my kids, I went out with a friend Friday night and of course stayed out way too late!

On tap for Sunday - Laundry of course - LOL

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-25 10:45 AM
2007-11-26 12:06 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes:  11/25/2007

Lyssa – relieved that the world has been righted again – (7 consecutive posts from your’s truly has apparently put the world back on its axis – LOL, well at least the Twisnibbins world).  Her nearly 1 yr old is making it difficult for her to get any decorating done – any volunteers to baby-sit?

Judi – has a cat that loves to climb the Christmas tree – LOL, now that would be a challenge.  Her 12 yr old daughter has messy room syndrome, although I don’t know too many that don’t! ;-)

Kendra – got a really cool new phone!  Her PF is acting up, so has had to walk rather than run - :-(.  She’s working until Thursday, then it’s off to Vegas and her ½ Mary on Dec 2.  Fellows – hello – she’s looking for some motivation!  ;-)

Sharon – is back from a lovely weekend and has explained to us why she recommends not putting tinsel on a tree if you own a cat – ewwwww, LOLOL

Mila – her dog once ate a bag of holiday wrapped hershey’s kisses – ummmm, let’s just say that she got a very colorful surprise –

Cat – is looking for Simpson’s Christmas ornaments, only knows what to buy for her brother and is still confusing her bathtub with a laundry basket.  She is planning an awesome feast for Chrissie!  Yum, I gained 10 lbs, just reading about it.

Hector – is a true triathlete!! Yaaay Hector :-). 

Judi – is hoping that her daughter will outgrow the messy gene’s she inherited – LOL  She also posed a very interesting poll regarding what happens to race numbers after the race is over ;-)

Pam – spent the day sightseeing in the mountains – now, that sounds lovely!  She and her family have a wonderful tradition of  buying ornaments that celebrate the wonderful places they have been together.

Kristen – stopped in on her way back to Atlanta – she is packed and ready to go.  Look out because she is just about to loose all of her stars!  She has promised that very special 1000 post for us :-).

Scott – is alive and hates the Patriots

Discussion Topics
Endless loads of laundry!
Baby pics and baby books – check out the really cute pics of Lyssa’s ‘baby’!
Messy rooms
Ummmm, the things dogs eat………………..
Decorating for the Holidays```````

2007-11-26 6:38 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes:  11/26/07

Per Dee: (as of 9:31 am CT)

In case you're wondering:

Twisnibbins I - 3495 posts
Twisnibbins II - 1633 posts
Twisnibbins III - 1499 posts
Twisnibbins IV - 1590 posts
Twisnibbins V - 16 posts
Twisnibbins Chronicles - 30 posts
---------------------------------------
Total: 8263 posts
Total: 8263 posts

At approximately 3 inches each: 24789 inches total
Divided by 12 in/foot: 2066 feet total

Divided by 5280 ft/mile: 0.39 miles = 0.63 kilometers

Amy – her Christmas tree is up and she’ll be decorating it on Tuesday.  Her ankle is still bothering her :-(.

Pam – is planning on an upper body strength workout after work – Go Pam!

Heather – today is the day she gets in the pool, she did a great job, especially considering it’s been a while since she has been in a pool.– Woo Hoo.  This week will be full of coaches meetings and the referees are going to be hired – BB season is about to begin!

Dee – she’s back!!!!      

Kendra – figured out how to get her phone to vibrate (funny how that is the first thing she mentioned – LOL).  She’s still working on the internet access piece.  Lucky Kendra, she’s starting to give those evals she wrote last week. 3 ½ days until Vegas ;-).

Max – is in for the Ironman Arizona, November 2008 – Yaaaay Max!!!!! We’re so glad your computer cooperated!!

Sal – is trying to ease his way back into work after a week of vacation.  Sounds like he may have more time on Twisnibbins if a certain project changes direction.  Good job making it through the first rough morning :-).

Scott – is worried about having peaked too soon (again, the marathon – LOLOL).  His times haven’t been where he wants them to be – Scott, listen to Sal – he is giving you some great advice!

Don – had a fabulous weekend and kicked the BT habit for 4 days – although he couldn’t stay away completely ;-).  Check out the great pic of  his son running in the Turkey Trot – he came in 2nd place in his AG, has already set a goal for his next race and now has the coolest coach ever – his Dad!

Kristen – is back in Atlanta, counting the days (and soon the hours) until she is back home for good :-).  She honored the Nibbins with her 1000th post – yaaaayyyyyy.  Posted some very good questions and is looking for advice on doing her first ½ Mary – I think she came to the right place for advice :-).

Cat – is busy planning food for the Holidays.  She sounds like a great hostess who is very focused on ensuring that her guests have a great time!

Hector – his race report is in and he did even better than he first thought – his time was 2:08 – Go Hector!  He has been bit by the Tri bug :-).

Discussion Topics:

• Pep talk for Spokes – his marathon is just around the corner – he will be FINE!
  • Ways for men to carry gel packs
  • Manziers
  • Earplugs to prevent EI (ear infections not Extraterrestrial intervention – lol)

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-26 6:40 PM

2007-11-26 10:37 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes 11/26/07 (part II):

Heather – is headed home for Linner – her hubby is making spaghetti.  She has some great ideas for Cat’s Holiday meals – Heather, you can plan menus for me any day!

Cat – Loves Variety and has a huge menu planned.  She’s not worried about too much food as she will send any leftovers home with her guests.  I for one am going to send her my addresss, you think the food will still be good by the time it gets to Nebraska??

Judi – waiting to hear on her new job opportunity – keep sending positive thoughts her way!  She has some peeps lined up for references .

Pam – provided excellent tips on how to cook a whole bird rather than just the breasts (out of context, that sounds kind of funny – lol).  Uh oh, tomorrow Pam is headed to Walmart, which apparently has an amazing assortment of Little Debbies.

Mila – informed us that she does indeed own a tiara and a scepter – pink in fact (so is anyone REALLY surprised?  LOL) – she also provided some excellent enlightenment

For the amusement of others, as you know, Maryland and Virginia border one another... is it any surprise that, according to their mottos, Virginia is for Lovers and Maryland is for Crabs?  I think not.

Jeni – stopped by for a quick hello – she’s been crazy busy with turkey day and writing a monster paper – 17 pages – that sounds like fun – NOT

Dee – is once again faced with the devil LD (I think Debbie must be an honorary Nibbins of sorts – she sure does visit the thread often enough!)  She also stumped us with a story problem detailing how to adjust goals for injury or illness - (oops, edited to complete the sentence

Sal – demonstrated is acumen for story problems – LOL.  He had a family night tonight and helped his youngest with a scout project :-).

Hector – is not a slacker (but we already knew this).  In fact, he irons his own uniforms and can do so while hanging out and chatting in Twisnibbins!

Kristen – is not a post hound!  In her concise way communicated in one post messages that would have taken a few of us a minimum of 8 posts! (I’m not taking this one alone – lol)

Discussion Topics

• Little Debbie – (AGAIN!)
  • Menus for the Holidays
  • The Stick?
Splash into the Silly Season December Swim Challenge starts Dec 1: Sign up HERE: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-26 10:55 PM
2007-11-27 11:21 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nighttime Nibbins Notes 11/26/2007:   The nighttime Nibbins folks created 6 pages of posts discussing

• Italian food – homemade and good restaurants
  • BT Challenges – our appreciation for the organizers and how great they are for meeting cool peopl
  • Camping and backpacking, mostly how much underwear you need to pack and whether or not underwear is even necessary on a backpacking trip – LOL  (Heather is a pretty firm believer in wearing underwear to prevent chafing – lol)
  • More talk about Italian food – Hector’s going to take the Twisnibbins ladies out to dinner.  He’s going to make a collage of pics to put at the other place settings, and take a laptop so he can talk with us while we have dinner together – LOLOLOL (although we did decide that a crackberry might be more discreet depending on how he could handle the scrolling!)
  • Scott’s new stick – which seems to work quite well
  • Taper madness, marathon preparedness, car washes, taking out the trash, and rice krispy treats :-).
2007-11-27 4:49 PM
in reply to: #1070141

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes 11/27/07

Sal – the first to arrive in Twisnibbins promptly wrapped up the discussion about extra underwear and Italian restaurants (ummm, two separate posts – totally unrelated subjects – LOLOL).  His project team is regrouping and there is some project redirection going on – but, it’s all good!

Kristen – was one of the first to arrive, was at her desk before 8 am, bright eyed and bushy tailed after a lovely spin class!  She had a very busy day!  Sounds like her classes are winding down and now it’s time to grade exams and papers.

Pam – Swam 3200 yds today and is feeling GREAT about it!!!! WTG Pam :-).  She’s playing Bunco with friends tonight :-).  She did go to Walmart, and she did buy LD’s but swears they are for the kids – fruit and WW ice cream bars are for her (actually the WW ice cream bars are pretty good)

Sharon – is on her way from cold to colder, her ultimate destination is Windsor, Canada.  BRRRRR – she promises to post more when she gets back :-).  

Heather – think snow!!! Her first day in the mountains is this weekend and she wants to ski! (can we come too?)  She went for a run this morning – she is close to her goal!  Yaaay!

Judi – needs to get her resume written – no playing on BT allowed until that is done :-).  Kids haircuts also on tap today.  She got it done!! Yaaay!!!

Scott – rediscovered his mojo –he is once again confident about his race.  And as a bonus, the weather for the day of the race looks fabulous!  Something about a Brass Monkey warning?????? (don’t worry, I actually did get it – lol)

Kendra – missed 24 hours and 18 pages of posts – LOL.  Her PF is acting up and she is going to give her foot a break until her race this weekend – fella’s she definitely needs some motivation!!!!  Send her good thoughts!

Dee – drive by post – something about avoiding the LD aisle at Walmart, needing to get work stuff done - and that she needs a life :p

Tracy (owl_girl) – stopped by to say hello and got sucked in engaged in the conversation almost immediately!  She’s a wildlife biologist and studies owls – mostly.  Oh and she has been lurking in Twisnibbins for quite some time now – LOL

Hector – had to work hard today, so he spent his time on Twisnibbins talking to himself - LOL (oh and he things Spokes is one lucky guy  (something about Yanti and Beth tying him down)

Cat – didn’t go to the pub last night – sounds like it is just as well – the boys stayed out mast midnight.

Tammy – sends her hello and best wishes, she misses the team (well, who wouldn’t?) – she is having a marvelous time!!!  Still waiting for DSL – oh and she has a special message for the guys – Post more body shots for the gals!!!!!!

Topics of discussion
Dice Games Farkel and bunco
Tips for keeping warm before a race
Hiring strategies for teenagers

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-27 4:55 PM
2007-11-27 10:13 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins recap – 11/27/07 pm

Lots of talk about the swimming challenge and the potential team make up.  Some great motivational pics were posted in honor of the upcoming swim challenge.

Scott - has his mojo back, is doing major carb loading and is trying to talk his way into being a mascot for the December challenge. (oh and he doesn’t have to drive to Fresno on Friday!)

Judi – made her way through her entire to do list – has even cuter kids than b4 (thanks to hair cuts)

Cat – has her wardrobe selected for her next 2 events, the only outstanding question is what kind of stockings to wear, opaque or fishnets…

Dee – updated her sig line (now there’s a news flash – lol).  Her alter ego is Fluffy vonPoof, and her favorite color is black leather

Sal – is encouraging Scott to sign up for the December swim challenge – (a 50 yd goal? LOL) and it turns out he used to hang with

Kirsten – is threatening to bring out the delusional ferret again – LOL – has met Fluffy’s kin, and is definitely avoiding grading papers!

Kendra – had to work tonight :-(.  She’s been working on getting her house ready for the big party, which has interfered with her actually getting ready for her trip – although, she is mentally ready!  She saw two deer on her way home from work tonight – cool! (oh and she will hit 900 posts tomorrow – go Kendra!)

Discussion topics
Challenge teams
BT identities
Dee’s avatars
Lazy moos and deranged ferrets (now that one scared me!)
Black Hole travel
The pros and cons of drinking tea

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-27 10:13 PM
2007-11-27 10:50 PM
in reply to: #1071416

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
lastcall2003 - 2007-11-27 10:13 PM Nibbins recap – 11/27/07 pm

Sal – is encouraging Scott to sign up for the December swim challenge – (a 50 yd goal? LOL) and it turns out he used to hang with  Fluffy vonPoof

oops, left out Fluffy

2007-11-28 5:25 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
11/27/2007

Nighttime recap – Hector and Beth were up to a bit of mischief (not that kind – lol)  Let’s just say some plotting about motivational pics was going on, the list includes Spokes' kilt, Max's wig, his wife's fingernail polish, Cat's fishnets, and Little Debbie

Nibbins Notes  11/28/2007 

Cat – had an awesome meeting and she got lots of praise on her work!!!! WTG Cat!!

Sal – arrived first in Twisnibbins only to run away go work out when he saw what Hector and Beth had been plotting.  He completed his November goals!!!!! Wooo Hoooo!

Kristen – has very pretty Christmasy stars – I hope you didn’t miss them!  She is determined to get her grading done today! She was very good and didn’t play on BT until she got her grading done!  Sal is placing bets on how many students ask her for an extension – pics will be displayed if he wins

Kendra – found Hector and Beth’s creativity to be both motivational and scary – LOLOL – she is still not packed for her trip – has to work until 10, I guess she’ll be staying up late!  Her trip sounds like tons of fun!

We are going to see Louie Anderson on Friday night, Ka (cirque du soliel) on Monday night, Spamalot on Wednesday night. Dinner with hubby's BF from teen years on Sunday & Wednesday. Guys do the Santa run on Saturday, Girls do the 1/2 mary on Sunday. Might try to do a little hiking in the desert.

Pam – her internet connection crashed last night – so no BT after Bunco :-(.  has been in shuttle service mode today AND her boss made her work

Don – is feeling a bit under the weather today – let’s hope it’s just the cloudy weather and that he’s not coming down with something!  He posted a link to a motivational clip for those folks doing long runs! 

This one's for Spokes and TriAya (and anyone else doing a looooong run this weekend)!
– Hey Don, are you ok?  You didn’t get electrocuted by the wires in your Gatorade did you?

Hector – is moving a little slow this morning – must have been his late night antics in Twisnibbins  ;-)  He likes to spend his lunch nibblin’ with the nibbins (shhhhh, don’t tell anyone, but he’s addicted to BT)

Sharon – welcome back!

Heather – was in the mood for comfort food, mmmmm, had lunch at Applebee’s – had the “cowboy” burger and cheesecake, after that she was wishing for a couch in her office - lol

Tracy – shared yummy chantrelles, hedgehog mushrooms, and abalone from the great Northwest – she’s not quite the epitome of ‘granola girl’ , she shaves her legs (sometimes – lol).  :-(, she just started to visit us and now she will be missing for a few days as she has to pack her house (she must have a really big suitcase – LOLOLOL)

Scott – is ready to kick butt and take names at CIM (thank goodness for the change!)  Oh, and he’s only going to do one psychotic thing at a time (famous last words – lol)

Discussion Topics
The Steps to recovery for BT addiction – (helllooo, there isn’t one – lol)

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-28 5:26 PM
2007-11-28 10:15 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York
Nibbins Notes 11/28/1007 pm

Kendra – needs to do laundry before her trip, if worse comes to worse, she’s going to wear spandex to the Vegas shows ;-).  Who needs 3 suitcases anyway!  Let’s hope she has enough money to pay for internet service after her vacation, especially if she doesn’t hit the jackpot!

Yanti – just missed the 1000th post of the thread – sorry Yanti :-(.

Cat – prefers wearing jeans and would do so even to formal events if she could.  She is super ready for the official presentation and is going to kick azz (with or without fishnets – lol).  She has a special assignment to buy magazines, glue, and cards to paste pictures on – I want her job ;-).

Sal – is trying to understand why cheesecake isn’t everybody’s favorite – lol He had to conduct a little geography lesson for those members of Twisnibbens not familiar with the location of the state of Minnesota.

Scott – is STILL ready for his race – LOLOL – Scott we love it! He has also acknowledged that however it comes out – he sets a PR – Woo Hoo!

Heather – clever girl, finds the long posts with lots of quotes and reads the responses back and forth – she figured out Beth and Hector’s evil plan by reading a single post!  Her bb league is up to 3514 kids – Holy Buckets!  Her meeting this Friday will now be a meeting about skiing – not skiing :-(.  SNOW, SNOW!!!!

Judi – stopped by to say a quick hello!  Hi Judi!!!  She decided to be wise and catch some zzzzzzz’s before her early morning swim set

Kristen – is relieved to know that her brain cells are still in tact and she knows which coast Minnesota is on – LOL (now, now, she knew it wasn’t on a coast – these are the nibbins notes, Dee was the one that was confused – lol)

Dee – is out of Little Debbies and is concerned about having sugar withdrawal symptoms.  Apparently she cannot spell A-P-P-L-E, the only thing she can spell is  L-I-T-T-L-E D-E-B-B-I-E

Mila – stopped by for a very quick hello!

Discussion Topics:
Little House on the Prairie books
Little Debbie ( who really is to blame for the Twisnibbin obsession with Little Debbie???)
Food, food, and more food
Cat and Beth’s *stars*
Spoke’s kilt stuffed with Little Debbie – LMAO!!!
2007-11-29 12:45 PM
in reply to: #1069050

User image

Champion
Taser-World

The November Challenge is almost over!

This month's Challenge is almost over. How times flies when we're having fun!

Please update your Google Spreadsheets with your final totals by "bedtime" on Saturday. This will give everyone a chance to get their last workouts in on Friday November 30th, and enter their totals the following day.

You do NOT need to calculate percentages. I will do that. (Yes, you can do it if you want to....)

On Sunday morning, I will download the spreadsheets and start summing up the data.

IF YOUR INFORMATION ISN"T ENTERED BY THE TIME I DOWNLOAD THE SPREADSHEETS, I WILL ASSUME THAT YOU HAVE NOT MET YOUR GOALS!

Team Captains - Please check your team threads on Saturday. If anyone has trouble using the Google Spreadsheets, please help them to enter their data.

Run! Swim! Bike! Get those last minute workouts in! There's still time!!!

Saturday is December 1st. It's also the first day of the SWIM CHALLENGE! If you haven't already done so, don't forget to sign up for the fun!

Dee
2007-11-29 12:57 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

11/28/07 – nighttime recap

Kendra – was supposed to be packing and doing laundry, but couldn’t resist some extra time with the Nibbins!! ;-)

was supposed to be packing and doing laundry, but couldn’t resist some extra time with the Nibbins!! ;-)

Sal – gets paid to taste food, however, he didn’t say what kind of food??  He cleverly avoided the subject of his motivational pic for Kendra by ‘yawning’ oh, my was it getting late Sal??? Lol

Scott -  vacuumed his room and started packing for CIM on Sunday (do you think he’s excited???)  He updated his iPOD with hammer music (not MC Hammer, let me be clear)

Then, once again – Hector and Beth found themselves alone in Twsinibbins ,

lastcall2003 - 2007-11-28 11:27 PM
HCS5QA - 2007-11-28 11:23 PM
lastcall2003 - 2007-11-28 9:18 PM
HCS5QA - 2007-11-28 11:15 PM
lastcall2003 - 2007-11-28 9:14 PM

Well, Hector

looks like it's just you and me again who what kind of trouble should we stir up talk about tonight?

We need to pick on someone new.....hmmmmm...(the wheels are turning)...... Hmmmm

I thought I heard something - LOLOL

Yeah it's noisy up there especially when it doesn't come up with something right away. LOl

However kendra and spandex comes to mind (evil i know). LOL 

ohhhh, now that's good!

hmmmmm - where to start!

Don’t worry Kendra – that’s as far as it got!  LOLOL

Cat – was working while this was going on, she made a quick visit, just enough time to set Scott straight on what he should be doing for the Blonde since she is sick

Discussion Topics:
How great BT is
What fun it would be to meet the other Nibbins
How much fun the November challenge has been
Etc!

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-29 12:59 PM
2007-11-29 4:46 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes 11/29/2007

While all the other kids went to bed (or home from work in Cat’s case), Scott was practicing his guitar (don’t worry Judi, he kept his clothes on this time LOL)
For posterity! Presenting – Spokes in his Debut appearance on BT

While all the other kids went to bed (or home from work in Cat’s case), Scott was practicing his guitar (don’t worry Judi, he kept his clothes on this time LOL)For posterity! Presenting – Spokes in his Debut appearance on BT

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=7272&photoid=52718

Tracy (now officially an honorary Nibbins – where the heck was she all month???- lol)  Reveals that she is a true multi-tasker BT addict, like the rest of us ;-)  Proving her Twisnibbins worthiness even further, she was drinking wine while reading posts (I suspect she actually should have been packing????)  Also, Tracy is getting married in San Diego!

Sal – stopped by to say hi, he’s busy at work setting up a pilot of some sort – I think it includes food tasting – maybe he’ll fill in the details later :-).

Pam – has a Chiro appt today, has to teach SPR/AED, and then is going for a swimmy, swim, swim after work – busy lady as always!!!  Boo hooo – no swim for Pam, woo hoo, more money for Pam for the extra hrs worked!  Hey Pam, are the kids out of their room yet? (my kids always got sent to their rooms for fighting as well!)

Kristen – She has met 2/4 of her Nov goals – go Kristen (of course we care – you’re an honorary Nibbins and a fellow BT’r!).  Now she has seminar papers to grade “which can be less pleasant than pulling out your eyeballs with a shrimp fork”  (nice visual Kristen – ewwww!)  She is also going to register for a half-Mary in March!  Woo hoo

Judi – no time to play :-(.  Judi, come back!  (btw – I have it on good authority that the smell of chlorine

Kendra – is getting ready for vacation, sounds like she still needs to clean her desk off – (too much time in Twisnibbins???l)  Kendra is no longer worried about her son having internet friends, but wonders what he would think about her ;-).   Apparently she’s still trying to figure out the blackberry as well.

Amy – returned on page 47 and hasn’t been here since page 21 – wow!  She has some serious catching up to do!  (that will teach her – lol).  Her ankle is finally better  Yaaay!!! The source of the injury remains a mystery though………Amy has two stars!!!!  

Dee – awwww Dee, I’m sure people at the gym and work want to talk to you – but we’re glad to be here for you!  She can also relate to Hector, who recently lost all of his stars!  (no, Dee we will never forget that!  It was a priceless moment, waiting for those rosters to be posted – LOL)

Scott – imparted words of wisdom about building social networks – ‘it just takes time’  .  He has more ‘chops’ on the guitar than he ever thought he would!

Hector – lost all his stars! ‘One star! Oh but I worked so hard to be stripped of my stars! I feel so naked and lonely with just one star. LOL. Hector is doing lunch in town, when he goes to buy plaques for awards

Donto – Validated Little Debbie with a post from NB Chat – Turns out LD’s are not evil, in fact could be called a secret weapon for an Ironman.  (was anything said about cheesecake??)

Heather – has actually been working at work – EGADS – she needs some nibbins intervention pronto!  Oh no, she has a sick little one at home – Hope he’s feeling better!  Yaaay Heather, she finished her 24 miles!!!! WTG

Discussion Topics
Tri-clubs
Swimming goals
Stars, cheesecake, and Little Debbies ;-)

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-29 4:50 PM

2007-11-29 11:36 PM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes 11/29/07 pm edition
If we haven’t set a record up to now – we certainly did tonight – 17 pages, 485 posts in something like 5 ½ hours

Kristen – feels like she’s in a different time zone when she’s in Twisnibbins – umm, maybe the twilight zone? (trust me, we can ALL relate to that!)  And you're right Kristen - organic uber-lean chopped steak, sounds waaaaaay better than hamburger!  How was the ice cream?  (I hope you finished it before Scott's posted his pic!).  doesn’t have little toenails – hmmmm, apparently neither does her younger monkey –

Heather – pointed out a very important fact – we completely missed créme bruleé in our dessert discussion – it’s a travesty!  She would love to live in Seward, Alsaka (sounds like she used to live there – hmmm, I think we need more details!)

Hector – has completed 26 years in the Navy and will be retiring in 3 years and 7 months – he’s going to support himself by selling bait – let’s hope he doesn’t have to depend on fishing for his food source!  Hector left us early to go get wood a Christmas Tree

Scott – should never ever again post pics of his feet!  He was called upon by the team captain to rectify the situation – he severely dampened the appetites of several of the female tri- hotties of Twisnibbins.  He made a couple of attempts to right his wrongs – but, well, I’m not sure he has quite made it up to us yet!  It has also been confirmed that he is not of this world – he has somehow managed to find 34 hours in a day!

Pam – DS had karate tonight, he’s very close to his black belt – woo hoo (how did class go?)  Other than kid stuff, she doesn’t get out much (like the rest of us do – lol) – she may need to replace her monitor after her reaction to Scott’s offer to loan Kendra a magnifying glass – (don’t ask)

Judi – has an interesting approach to the nibbins thread ‘so I read about every third page to catch the gist of the insanity here and have about all the craziness one person can handle in a day.  Come back to my last post to find about 10 more...’  Judi likes to be warm – even better if there is sunshine, good music and lots of fancy drinks with little umbrellas

Yanti – summed it all up – ‘Yeah, cheesecake, gutter talk, big jugs, booze--how I've missed the Nibs today. ’  She misses Europe and is ready to lead the Twisnibbins on an invasion of Switerland! 

Kendra – the nibs learned quite a bit about the ‘real’ Kendra tonight – something like ‘I must admit, mine are both fake’ (her Christmas trees of course!!!) – but………..you know, there is the whole spandex thing!  Did I mention that she was peeking at Hector’s stars while he was out looking for wood wasn’t there?  Kendra is headed out on her vacation - please remember to send her inspires and good wishes for her race on Sunday!!

Cat – had dentist visit # 2.  She ran off with Scott, no – wait, she was in a bag and then someone let her out – now everyone knows that she and Scott ran off together – ahhhh, all just a vicious rumor – the poor girl had to work while all this was going on!  Oh, and she seems to be getting quite a bit of evil enjoyment over watching everyone squirm and wonder about their December challenge teams (is she turning into evil Cat – or is that who she was all along????)

Dee – poor thing is feeling a little ‘gunky’ – send her some love! She also has been totally busted – three, count them three Twisnibbins lost their stars today –

when asked the following question – ‘OMG - Dee did you take all my stars?’  

Dee responded:

Yep, I stole 'em.

Oh wait. What color were they? Maybe I didn't steal 'em.

OK, yeah. I did.

Yep – case closed! 

Sal – spent the night at home ‘Trying on the kilt and fishnets and figuring out how to paint is toes without getting in trouble on the home front. LOL’ (of course we haven’t confirmed that – but we’re anxiously awaiting the pic!)

Discussion Topics
Retirement
Places to live or not to live
Science fair
Little Debbie, Swiss rolls, Switerland, and Scott’s kilt
Armwrestling
Gathering wood, peeking on stars, and big goblets – real or fake???
Things with yummy cream filled centers (swiss rolls, twinkies, ding dongs, ho hos – ummm – what were YOU thinking – LOL)
TAN
The December Challenge – when will the teams be posted??!!

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-29 11:52 PM
2007-11-30 4:37 PM
in reply to: #1075681

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

Nibbins Notes 11/30/2007

Sal –
Loves Minnesota – (hey if the state is full of people like Sal, I can totally understand!)  He got his house decorated last night.  He made a solid recommendation to Scott on his feet and how to maybe take care of the ugly toe thing).  He had a busy day at work yesterday got lots of stuff done and has more time to play today!

Kristen – woke up still trying to figure out the time zone thing this morning ;- )  Kristen has a very short attention span.

Sharon – was up with the earlybirds.  By the time she posted she had already walked the dog, done her physical therapy and was on her third cup of coffee – She is looking forward to being dumped on with snow.  She has a race this weekend, so don’t forget to inspire her!!!

Pam – hmmm, they cancel races in La La Land when it snows (one would think that in la la land, they could simply stop the snow – lol)

Scott – hates snow (now there’s a surprise).  He’s jacked to be running a marathon on Sunday – wait, I didn’t know Scott was running in a marathon – where have I been??? LOL

Dee – drive by posting – must be busy at work again.  Dee’s attention span is even shorter than Kristen’s

Tracy – still moving, she’ll be done by Monday.

Donto – did another core workout last night and a pilates DVD this morning – he’s planning on one more tonight – hmmmm, me thinks we need a pic, cuz his core must be looking Mighty Fine!

Heather – is busy at her non-skiing ski meeting!

Hector – gave up on catching up.  He got a star back!!!

Yanti – wants to watch Scott on Sunday (not exactly what was said – LOL)

Cat – is up early on a Saturday – Teams, woman, we want teams!!!!

Discussion topics

•  Where we have lived, like to live, would not like to live
  • Love/Hate of snow, cold, shoveling
  • Moisture freezing on your nose hairs – ewwww!
  • Sal running away disappearing when the conversation goes ‘to the next level’ (although you would think that by now he would have learned that he’s better off if he sticks around – lol)
  • December challenge teams

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-11-30 4:40 PM
2007-12-01 12:31 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

I'm really not sure I could sum it up any better than this - in fact, I'm sure I couldn't

thanks Kristen!

Check it out.

I learned how to put one thought per post.

Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Nibs

Never say in one post what you can say in many.
Not everything means what it sounds like, and everything that sounds like something cheeky probably is.
If you whine, you will be swiftly castigated.
If you whine about food, love, wine, or Lil Debbies, you will be showered with love.
Be nice when you're around, because when you're not, they'll team up on you.
If you post, they will come. 

Edited by lastcall2003 2007-12-01 12:34 AM
2007-12-02 6:44 PM
in reply to: #1069050

User image

Champion
Taser-World

Final Results from the November "Your Choice" Challenge!

Even though we're organized into teams, your goals for the November Challenge were really INDIVIDUAL ones. So results are listed by INDIVIDUALS. The signatures described will be displayed for the month of December. After that, it's your choice whether to leave it, or remove it.

This was also a TEAM challenge. So, in the second part of this post, you will find the rankings by TEAM.

PART I - INDIVIDUAL ACHIEVEMENTS
Overachievers: The following people are not only winners, but overachievers! These people hit at least 100% of ALL their goals. These overachievers will add a signature line that says: “I am a WINNER. I won the November Challenge!”
Moscateers: Mosc11, saling4
Vigilantes: Virtus, sgoehner
Turkey Terrors: miche033, nhmorgan, lisazapato, D.Z., DMW
5forFighting: riorio, van_paulus, max, karl_hungus
Twisnibbins: HCS5QA, wemoon, tnickerson, sparco, spokes, givemashot, donto
Wild Hippos: Baowolf, AmbulanceDriver, Reno8, joemac3,
HCTC: DeputyDawg, mbmoran2, zipp1, runnerg1rl7, ACGRAY22, Betsy858

Winners: The following people are winners. Anyone who achieved more than 90% of their goals is a WINNER. Winners will add a signature line that says: “I am a WINNER. I won the November Challenge!”
Moscateers: Enders_Shadow, 1stTimeTri, ell-in-or
Vigilantes: DeannaS, Chrisrunzs26, Medusa_Ann
Turkey Terrors: Artemis, TriChica
5forFighting: naners, antti_asu, Pulch, charge4brendan, rzzqb8, bhoover1, dgillen
Twisnibbins: Yoganerd, legrand, geauxtri, D001, kns57
Wild Hippos: light_sabe_r, lyssa_gator, DTraub, owl_girl
HCTC: szbilicki

Attempters: The following people are attempters. Anyone who achieved between 80 – 90% of their goals is an Attempter. Attempters will add a signature line that says: “I did a great job on the November Challenge!”
Moscateers:
Vigilantes: Irongirl39
Turkey Terrors: elektra, AddysDaddy, gygyhawk
5forFighting: madcat
Twisnibbins: barqhead, brynn
Wild Hippos: jasonbohn9
HCTC: TriAya

Nonwinners: The following people are nonwinners. Anyone who achieved less than 80% of their goals is a Nonwinner. Nonwinners will add a signature line that says: “I will train harder next month!”
Moscateers: MaryMosc13, Mosc57, comet_the_dog, hazmaster, 1for1, gidgetintraining, mosc26
Vigilantes: jessicacrouchrt, lawyerchick, fielding, cathyd, ScotinSeattle, Rmaldon240, somanygoals
Turkey Terrors: nccgrap, pipscweek, Atlantia
5forFighting: dcon, rkreuser, triOK
Twisnibbins: LastCall2003
Wild Hippos: kaqphin, RaytownPete, SoapQueen2, TRIFOR40, Bajapat, Nate21, JohnDeere, vida_nova
HCTC: Twins_momma, BunnyB, MrsUSMC, crabsrule, KLynne, gillyfev, SoFreshSoClean

PART II - TEAM RANKINGS

The Teams were ranked by their number of Winners and Overachievers.
Percentage of the team that achieved at least 90% of their goals:

1. Twisnibbins: 12/15 = 80.0%
2. 5forFighting: 11/15 = 73.3%
3. Turkey Terrors: 7/13 = 53.8%
4. Wild Hippos: 8/17 = 47.1%
5. HCTC: 7/15 = 46.7%
6. Moscateers: 5/12 = 41.7%
7. Vigilantes: 5/13 = 38.5%

Therefore, the TEAM WINNER of the November Challenge for Goal Achievement (and post count) is:
THEY WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED aka TWISNIBBINS.

Congratulations to everyone who worked hard this past month, especially those who acheived their goals. And congratulations to Twisnibbins, for taking the Team Victory.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the November Challenge! Hopefully, you found the experience both enjoyable and motivational.
- Dee

Edited by D001 2007-12-02 6:47 PM
2008-09-08 8:19 PM

User image

MotoQueen

bump!

For all the good times almost a year ago. 

2008-09-08 8:21 PM

User image

Champion
Sydney
Aaaaw!!!
2008-09-08 8:36 PM
in reply to: #1659883

User image

Champion
Taser-World
LOL - I don't remember posting ANY of those things! Then again, it WAS the World According to Beth....
2008-09-08 8:38 PM
in reply to: #1659943

User image

Champion
Sydney

D001 - 2008-09-09 11:36 AM LOL - I don't remember posting ANY of those things! Then again, it WAS the World According to Beth....

Just reminded me of what a full on month I had outside of BT - unbelievable since it seems like I never left!

2008-09-17 6:20 AM

User image

TinkerBeth
Liverpool, New York

LOL!  this is too funny - I hadn't seen that it had been bumped up for old times sake until now

good stuff!

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » The Chronicles of Twisnibbins, aka Nibbins Notes Rss Feed  

of 2