Yogurt, Toast, Banana....
Event warmup:

Light stretching and a light job around parking lot area
Run
  • 23m 11s
  • 5 kms
  • 04m 38s  min/km
Comments:

I was going for a 5K PR (Which is 22:58), but the course kinda kicked my butt. I started out too fast and the hills killed me. I didn't have my HR monitor, but I know that my HR was totally in the upper zones on some of the hills and it took a little longer to get it down before I would start another hill. I never really had it in me to pour it on and get into a good rhythm. It was interesting to know that at some points in the race, I felt like I was going too slow and it felt like I was barely running....so, I would be curious to know what my time would have been if I didn't have so many hills....I only missed my PR by 11 seconds, so I am sure I could have smashed it on a less hilly course...and perhaps a less crowded course.f
What would you do differently?:

Start out slower...Also, it was VERY cold that morning, I could have been a little more warmed up.
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hills!

Event comments:

I thought it was a well done race. There were a lot of goofs at the race all dressed up...assuming that they probably wanted to get their pics on the website...There were people dressed up in superwoman costumes, gorilla, and Dr. Seuss...there was also a contingent of guys there with no shirts! That was guts! Good job, Downers Grove! You did a great job....how about flattening some of those hills?

Last updated: 2007-11-28 12:00 AM
Running
00:23:11 | 05 kms | 04m 38s  min/km
Age Group: 35/128
Overall: 128/1555
Performance: Average
Course: The race started in downtown Downers grove, adjacent to the railroad tracks. It was sort of a winding course that at one point crisscrossed itself. It was HILLY!! ugh!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-11-28 9:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Geneva, Illinois
Subject: Bonfield Express 5K (Turkey Trot)

2007-11-29 9:30 AM
in reply to: #1073150

User image

Extreme Veteran
Crossville, TN
Subject: RE: Bonfield Express 5K (Turkey Trot)
There's no hills in Downers Grove!!! Come down to east Tennessee and I'll show you some hills. Good job on a very cold morning. I'm sure there was a wind chill. My brother lives in Lisle and my dad lives in Wheeling.
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Bonfield Express 5K (Turkey Trot) Rss Feed