General Discussion Triathlon Talk » December 7 - New You by New Years weigh-in Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2007-12-07 5:06 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Subject: December 7 - New You by New Years weigh-in
Good morning, everyone...

I hope you all had a great week. Tell us how you did. Are you getting closer to becoming the New You you wanted to be? Are you struggling? Is there anything we can do to help?

It's a tough time of year to even maintain, so don't be discouraged.

So speaking on that tough time of year...are you ready for the holidays? Not even close? Almost, just a couple more things to do? Been ready since July, you were just waiting for the right time?

Hope all is going great!

Kristen

(PS - found my jump drive with the spreadsheets - I'm in the middle of packing to move right now (which is how I found it)...I'll try to get a chart up today but can't promise.

2007-12-07 5:26 AM
in reply to: #1088015

User image

Expert
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: December 7 - New You by New Years weigh-in

Good morning, Kristen, and other NY-NY participants!

I finally had a "break through" on my weight, grinding my way through a plateau to a weight i have not seen since 1994!

New You in the New Year Challenge
Starting: 202.6 lbs / 114 cm Hips
Current: 193.8 lbs / 107 cm Hips
Delta-Week: 1.8 lbs / 1.5 cm Hips
Delta-Total: 8.8 lbs / 06.0 cm Hips

As for being ready for the holidays... my list is almost complete... now I need to start shopping for gifts.  (I know... there are only like two more shopping-weeks left).   

2007-12-07 5:46 AM

User image

Champion
Out running or enjoying a fine glass of red...
Morning all -

Happy news on the scale for me too - 152.5!

I will be a New Me for 2008 - a non-Athena me!

I am SO not ready...but I have the excuse of being away from home. I know once I get home on Tuesday that I have a ton of work today...I put up the outside lights and the knick-knack stuff at Thanksgiving, but we have to get our tree ASAP once I'm back...(we probably would have done it this coming weekend if I were home), get the cards ready to mail, and shop shop shop shop shop. (Not that I mind that!)

Hope everyone else had a good week!
2007-12-07 8:31 AM

User image

Veteran
South Carolina
143 lbs. this week - up a pound
31.4% body fat. Sometimes I'm getting readings which are slightly lower/higher. This seems to be about my average.

This is what I've weighed most of my adult life, so I'm kind of stuck now. This forum helps keep me honest and accountable, although I'm not making much progress. I'm also not backsliding during the holidays, and my eating is under MUCH better control!

Kiawah 1/2 marathon for me tomorrow morning. I'm excited! I'm a slow first year runner. Tomorrow's big goal: 2:35 would be a nice PR for me, and should be within reach. Not exactly world class pace! Last year at this time, I weighed over 20 pounds more, and had never even dreamed of running, much less running this year in the SC Half Iron.

Haven't even started thinking about Christmas yet. Maybe on Sunday?
2007-12-07 9:59 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest

Hi everyone!

I am back down to 180 (1 pound lost this week) so I managed to undo the damage I did in November and on vacation.  Heading the right direction.  My best friend even told me on Thursday that I needed some jeans that weren't baggy!  And these were tight not long ago, so that's a good thing.  Often with me, the scale doesn't move but I shrink.  It's weird.  Still, I feel that the increased exercise I have been doing on the Oly plan plus really trying not to overeat crap (managing not to at least some of the time) has been working.  Let's see if I can't at least drop 2 or 3 more before the end of this challenge.  That would put me at my lowest weight since high school....actually, I am at my high school weight now.  (And it's been a couple of decades....)

As far as Christmas.....cards have been sent, tree is up, and some presents are shopped for-still need to put up outside lights and finish decorating the house and figure out what gifts are still needing purchase.  I even made and received my holiday photo albums that I make for all the grandparents on Snapfish already.  We have a double whammy, as my son turns five 10 days after Christmas, so the toy influx here is outrageous!  I am going to a holiday party in a couple weeks that has a 'bad holiday sweater' contest.  Stay tuned for my entry.  Gotta get back to the kids. They are insane lately, I think it must be the feeling of the holidays getting them wound up.  The fun thing is that my 2 year old is starting to talk soooo much and now I can fully understand him.  It's adorable.

2007-12-07 10:43 AM

User image

Expert

Finally!  I'm at 125.5 today, down 2 from last week, and I've finally broken through the 126.5 plateau that I've been at forever.  Interestingly, I'm on service this week, and I'm very busy, without much time for snacking, drinking wine, and there haven't been too many treats around (things that make you go "hmmmmmm".  I've also fit in a little more workout time. There may be something to the "eat less, workout more" philosophy after all .  I have done a good job at bypassing treats too, though.  I found myself confronting a box of cookies on the floor- it was 11 am (many hours since breakfast, blood sugar a little low), I looked them over, they stared back at me, and I finally decided that they just didn't look appealing enough to bother with, and that lunch would be in just an hour.  So I walked away!  I do notice though that the week hasn't been too stressful, which makes saying no SO much easier.

Holiday shopping and preparedness- 2 out of 10.  On the bright side, my abstracts are in for the big pediatric meetings!  (the deadline was yesterday).

2007-12-07 11:16 AM

User image

11/30 156.2 17.39 bf%

12/7   154.4 16.88 bf% 

weight loss this week: 1.8lbs 

total weight loss to date: 10.4lbs

Secodnary goal: yes!

Another good week due to 10+ hours of SBR this past week.  Have the free time coming up in the next couple of weeks to continue this and should hopefully reach my goal by New Years.

As for holiday shopping I'm already done.  My family gets together and does a gift exchange so I have that taken care of.  I have my mom's Mp3 player and music subsrription paid for.  My fiance and I are doing a running shoe exchange and a small personal gift which I have taken care of.  We are going wine tasting in Napa for three days as our holiday present to us.  I don't do gift exchanges with friends as we don't find it necessary.

2007-12-07 2:45 PM

Waterloo Ontario
Good week 261.8 back on the move.

Almost ready for the holidays. Looking forward to getting together with Family and Friends again.

Jim
2007-12-07 3:30 PM

New user
Portland, OR
Back up to 200.
2007-12-07 4:10 PM

User image

Regular
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Start: 165
Last week: 151
This week: 150!

Lousy on the second goal of drinking enough water. This week I will be better!

I'm doing better on Christmas preparations this year. I'm done with the post office, and I just need to wrap the things that aren't being sent. It's hard to feel Christmas-ey without snow, though... I guess I just need to get used to the southwest.
2007-12-07 7:11 PM

Champion
No excuses!

207.4 this morning

heading downward

2007-12-09 6:18 PM

Huntington beach,ca
Well its getting really busy here. We are expecting our 3rd child anytime this week, the due date being the 15th. it is also my 40 th birthday on the 14th and of course the usual xmas stuff. So it has been hard to stay focused, I have been working out and eating good but not as much as the last couple months. So I am going to modify my goal for this challenge.

Today I am 254..(down 1 from last week) my goal is to be under 250 by the end of this challenge.

Also workout 3x a week minimum no matter what is going on in my personal life.

Stay the course of good eating and keep my head even when cheating.

If I can pull this off in the next month I think I will have done good.
2007-12-11 2:04 PM

User image

Master
Sachse
240 this week.. It has been really crazy.. out for a race and now I am trying to make up for it at the office and home.

All secondary goals were met.

Kenny
2007-12-14 11:01 AM

User image

Master
Pacific Northwest
2007-12-14 10:00 PM

User image

Veteran
Chudley is holding steady at 229 lbs

Not much activity the past couple of weeks, I had final exams and assignments!!! The last of it all was today. School is out until January 7, 2008!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooo pumped!

Has anyone had or know of anyone who has had a meniscus tear? I think I may have one...burning sensation on the outer edge of my L. knee. Burns when I kneel down or if I bend it quickly. Running I don't feel it, riding I don't feel it. Just kneeling and quick bending motions....just finished researching it, not sure if I have it or not...may have to see my doc.

Have a great week everyone!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » December 7 - New You by New Years weigh-in Rss Feed