Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Quick 1/4 mile jog and strech with Dante
Run
  • 00m
  • 26.2 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

Ran the first half with Dante at an 8:25min/mile pace as plannned and felt ok not great like I thought at would from tapering. I had a some discomport in my left hip but ran thru it (limp-running) and it went away. Early on I knew that it was going to be a long day because of the heat and himidity. I knew my goal to make 3:40 and qualify for boston was going to be hard but not this hard. I was hurting around 17 and on. Everything begame to hurt especially my leg muscles and that sun was beating down on me. Dante and my frind MaryBeth came to ride thier bikes with me at mile 16 which helped. But I was starting to fall apart and at mile 22.5 I stopped to walked and could barely walk because of the pain in my hip and really the pain all over. Next thing I know I am going sideways and am really dizzy. The three of us decided to call it a day and I ended up DNFing and in the medic tent with dehydration and cramping. I ended at it 22.5 at 3:07. So close yet so far away at the time
What would you do differently?:

Drink more water and eat more in the morning
Post race
What limited your ability to perform faster:

I am not sure what limited my performace. I was really tring for a 3:40 and I think if I had not had a tinme goal I could of finished because I would not of pushed myself so hard n the middle. I also think the heat hurt me as well as my poor taper. I really did not rest as much as I should and ran a race over Thanksgiving. But in the end there realy are no excuses I just didn't have it so now all I can do is train harder and smarter for the next marathon. If anything this has made me angry and hungry to do better

Last updated: 2007-12-07 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 26.2 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]