BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mimir98's group-CLOSED AGAIN...FOR REAL THIS TIME Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 36

2008-06-16 3:22 PM
in reply to: #1098772

User image

Master
South Florida
Subject: RE: Mimir98's group-CLOSED AGAIN...FOR REAL THIS TIME

I've always sort of wanted a stalker, but not a scary one..so this is good.  I wanted to pop in and say

GO #2032!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  in ONE WEEK, KELLY WILL BE AN IRONMAN.  Stop by and give her lovin' if you haven't already...that means you, too, FOF

2008-06-17 7:33 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Effect Snow Country
GO Kelly!!!!
2008-06-18 10:53 PM

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO

Follow your dream all the way to the finish line!! 

You are an Ironman and it will be confirmed in less than 96 hours

2008-06-21 11:07 PM

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Check out who won his age group and was 8th overall at a sprint today.  I'll give you a hint.  He lives in Breckenridge.
2008-06-22 7:13 AM

User image

Master
South Florida

YAY!!  I will go check him out

Today is the day KELLY becomes an IRONMAN!!!!!  GO KELLY!!!  We are so proud of you

2008-06-23 4:13 AM

User image

Master
South Florida
She had a goal of 14 +/- and did it in 14:01!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  KELLY HOOG, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!!!  Amazing job.  Be proud, we are

2008-07-15 12:18 PM

User image

Veteran
Randers, Denmark

Hi All

Sorry for being away for so long, but I’ve been busy lately. No excuse – I know. Now I have the time to fill you all in of what is happening here in Denmark.
First – a late Happy Birthday to you, Mimi.
Then – Congratulations with all your great performances, I’ve read about. 

Right now I’m in Cannes, France, on a well deserved vacation with the family. The weather is great, but we miss our bikes. The terrain is marvellous for biking in the mountains, which we don’t have in Denmark. I’ve been running a couple of times, and it’s really uphill’s here. Great training. Swimming also great, but the water is very salty. Pool swimming is a different discipline here, almost impossible as the pool is almost always crowded. Only possible between 7 and 8 am.

Some weeks ago we had the “Randers Open Water”, a 5.2 km swim in a river. I wasn’t participating as I had to help organizing, but Jette did the short 1 km course. She was very nervous about it, thinking she would come in last. I was down in the river with her a couple of times to train with her. She struggles a bit with the “dark” water.
Jette was in the last wave, only 10 in her wave. After the start she was 8th, but after 200m she was 5th. She did all the 1000m in her own steady pace, and increased further to 4th place at the end, taking and extra position at the 10 meter run to the finish line. The race was divided in to 3 AG, Junior, Senior and Veteran. Jette didn’t think it went that good after all, she had difficulty breathing relaxed. When the prices were giving, she was called to the podium to receive her 2nd price in the senior group, 59 sec after the winner and 4 sec ahead of 3rd. She was stunned; she really needs to think bigger of her self.

At the same day it was declared that our chairman of our triathlonclub was going to retire, and I was to take over. This means that I have to organize our forthcoming race, a 1/10 ironman August 16th. So I can’t defend my 3rd place from last year. Jette will participate this year though.

I was planning to attend to a sprint July 12th, but as we were in France it wasn’t possible. Next race should have been the national championship, August 10th, but I was so lucky to get a small job in Greenland in week 31, only a week before the race. So I decide to skip this race and instead I’ve registered for a ½ ironman August 31st. This day Jette will do her first ¼ ironman at the same place.

The job in Greenland I to locate a small American aircraft, a Cirrus SR20, lost February 2007. This will be my first trip to Greenland, I always wanted to go here. The aircraft crashed into the ocean south of Qaqortoq, and is now resting at 75 m water depth. We, my brother and I, are hired to locate the aircraft with an underwater sonar system. Our job is only to locate the aircraft and to make a positive identification with our underwater camera system. We are not going to dive at the aircraft; even we do have the needed equipment and experience to raise the aircraft.

The insurance finally pain for my wheels and the new Zipp Sub-9 disc has arrived. Yesterdays this wheel claimed 29th place at Ironman Roth in Germany in 8:54:13. A local triathlete borrowed the wheel to try to qualify for the long distance world cup. The Zipp 404 will arrive shortly. I can’t wait to get home to my bikes; even the weather in Denmark is windy, clouded and rainy. Typical Danish summer weather. But I need to get some now, only 6 weeks to my next race.

That all for now, but I’ll be back

Regards from sunny south France
Hans

2008-07-15 3:30 PM

User image

Master
South Florida

Great to hear how you are doing Hans!!!  Lots of obstacles getting in the way of racing, but they sound like good ones   I haven't been on here much - feeling lazy this summer.  Not feeling much like racing for some reason...missing the long stuff, and now a sore back!

So you are currently in France??  Gonna see any of the tour?  I think I need to plan a summer vacation to France in the next few years.  When I flew over Greenland from Iceland, all I could wonder is how anyone could live there????  It was ALL ice.  Don't forget your wetsuit   And keep us posted on how your race directing goes, and your HIM!! 

2008-07-29 6:47 AM

User image

Master
South Florida

This just in from Scott:

Nothing spectacular on the training front for quite some time, but did have a life changing moment today.

At 5:14 pm we welcomed a healthy baby boy into our family.  8 lb 13 oz and 20.5 inches 

He was eating well when I left the hospital tonight.  

CONGRATS!!!  Now all the information we need is a name

2008-08-18 9:14 AM

User image

Veteran
Randers, Denmark
Finally I can relax for a short while. We had our race this Saturday and all went well. This year we had 58 participants, 50% increase from last year. The weather was perfect: sunny and no wind. I’ve been very busy the last few days up to the event, but everything fell into place on raceday.
Many top athletes found their way to our small race, and the speed this year was much higher. We had athletes from the age of 14 to 70 and from all over the country.
Jette had a good race and finished 3rd overall. My brother and nephew borrowed my bikes and tried a tri for the first time. My brother, who is an old competition swimmer, earned a very respectable 20th place. All I had was a lot of work and no time to train.

Jette and I has our next race is in 2 weeks, ¼ ironman, and I need to train. But we have to arrange our street party next weekend. This year has been full of obstacles. After our race we can relax a day before I need to leave for 3 days; have to go to Germany for a convention.

But then I can relax! Oh no, then we have to arrange our wedding! Will it ever stop?

Our trip to Greenland was great. We only had to work for 1½ day, then we had covered all of the crash area 6 times. No sign of the plane, which obviously had drifted away before it sunk. So the rest of the week was vacation. The weather in Greenland was perfect, sunny and very little wind, for the whole week. We were living with a local and had a pleasant stay. The hospitality was warm and great. We had time to visit the icecap, see whales, seals and huge icebergs (the local called the ice cubes, as they considered them small) and much more. I took a lot of pictures and will put some in my album here.

Now I’m off the hit the pool.

2008-09-11 9:43 PM

User image

Master
South Florida
In case anyone reads this....Amy's brother in law, after being missing for over a week, has been found.  Unfortunately, he was not found alive.  I am deeply saddened for her and her family.  If you have a chance, stop by and offer her some words.  That's all we have, but I wish I could give her a hug, and make her some food, and watch her kids....

2008-10-16 3:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Randers, Denmark

Hi all

I haven’t been around for a while, but with a valid excuse this time. As some of you might know, Jette and I were married last Saturday, and we just got home after a great honeymoon.

We had a fantastic wedding with family and friends. I did bake the wedding cake myself and it was great. If any of you happens to come by Denmark, drop in for a piece. I’ll post some pictures from the wedding soon.

Just before we were married, I asked Jette if it was okay if I planned for a full Ironman, and of cause she was supportive. But it won’t be until 2010. All next year I have to rebuild the house and build an annex for us. We haven’t got any more space for all our bikes and other sporting equipment. So 2009 is Jette’s year, where I’ll stand by her goals. She hasn’t decided weather she wants to do a full marathon or a half Ironman.

Best regards from a happy guy.
Hans

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mimir98's group-CLOSED AGAIN...FOR REAL THIS TIME Rss Feed  

of 36