Chatfield State Park
20F / -7C
Sunny
Total Time = 52m 13s
Overall Rank = 83/271
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 6/40
Pre-race routine:

Got up @ 6:30; ate oatmeal; somehow it took me 2 hours to get out the door w/ plenty of clothing options, change of clothes for after, coffee for before and after to get warm, cooler for Costco - which came in real handy cuz I put everything I didn't want to freeze in there, including clothes -- worked well:) It was -7F in Evergreen as I drove out of town!
Event warmup:

Got # and chip, used porto, walked and walked to try to get feeling in my toes. Looked for Becky. Had a Cliff Bar and Cliff Shot cuz I didn't eat enough before last weekend's race. Found Linda and Katy and Julia and Mark and Cathy and Christine. Changed out parka for light jacket and took off windpants a few minutes before the start.
Run
  • 52m 13s
  • 6.25 miles
  • 08m 21s  min/mile
Comments:

Should've traded out hat for earwarmer, but if Becky was there I wanted to keep it on so we could meet. Took off mittens before 1/2way mark. Glad I had fuelbelt on under jacket - drank a fair amt of water. Glad I had on YakTrax! Felt like I was running fairly strong but would have liked to keep up w/ some of the women passing me. Loved that the last mile or so was downhill/flat. Really tried to kick to the finish.
What would you do differently?:

Push myself harder. Did break 8:30 pace so I'm fairly happy with that.
Post race
Warm down:

Stopped 10' after the finish line to chat w/ BTers. Richard, Chris and his kids, Sgt Vic were there too. And I did NOT lock my keys in the car!!! Kept checking my pocket for them the whole race :p

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Need to do more speedwork.

Event comments:

Lots more people out there than I expected considering the weather. I'm glad I went -- it warmed up a lot by the start of the race. Most people didn't stick around long cuz we were cooling down fast after the race. And they ran out of hot cocoa.... Christine and Richard both came in 2nd in their age groups! So glad I signed up for the series!!

Last updated: 2007-10-16 12:00 AM
Running
00:52:13 | 06.25 miles | 08m 21s  min/mile
Age Group: 6/40
Overall: 0/271
Performance: Average
Would have liked to have hr data, but my monitor is too easy to accidentally turn on which deletes the old info. Can't wait til my 305 arrives :D
Course: Over Chatfield dam and back. The Evergreen/Conifer crowd's reaction was "What hill?" It seemed bigger on my bike this fall, but that may have been more a matter of the caliber of riders I was trying to keep up with.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2007-12-15 3:56 PM

User image

Elite
Evergreen, CO
Subject: Rudolph's Revenge 5k/10k

2007-12-15 7:52 PM
in reply to: #1103907

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Rudolph's Revenge 5k/10k
Yeah lots of people there today!  Great to see you and congrats on a great race!
2007-12-16 3:40 PM

User image

, North Carolina

Sheesh ... the BT crowd doing the 10K all had awesome times.  Congratulations!  I'm so sorry I didn't find you.  I am terrible at picking people out in a crowd.  I'm sure we will meet at one of these events.

2007-12-17 12:34 PM

User image

Another cool race name!

That's a really great time for a 10k, Burrrrrrrrrr!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Rudolph's Revenge 5k/10k Rss Feed