BT Development Mentor Program Archives » BIG SEXY's group---FULL of sexiness. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 7

2007-12-29 8:44 AM

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis
Subject: BIG SEXY's group---FULL of sexiness.

Bio:  Bill MacManus (Big Sexy)

Personal:  Currently living in Miami and employed as a public school teacher.  I have a little boy who is 8 and who lives with me 3-4 days each week

Tri Stuff:  I am in my third full year of this sport.  My first season consisted of 3 sprints and my first Olympic.  Last year I completed another OLY, 3 sprints and my first half iron.  This season I am registered for another OLY, another half iron and my first full iron in August.

I am and probably always will be a Clydesdale, currently tipping the scales at 250.  I still have a few lifestyle changes that I wish to make as I progress as an athlete with weight loss being one of them.  However, I have never allowed anything to be used as an excuse not to realize my goals.  I did not last year when I crossed the half iron finish line and certainly will not this year as I progress towards the completion of my first ironman. 

Balancing real life with the commitment necessary to go the distance in triathlon is a challenge that requires some support.  Join my group this year and together we can support each other towards the accomplishments you have set forth.  It's gonna be a helluva year!

Edited by Big Sexy 2008-01-24 9:02 PM

2007-12-29 3:29 PM
in reply to: #1121744

User image

Master
Cambridge, MA
Subject: RE: BIG SEXY's clydesdale/athena group - OPEN

Very tempting to join you, even if my live-in SO might wonder "just who does this guy think he is with a login name like that?!" 

About me:  Athena-for-life at 6'0" and 173 (I think).  See my Log here for details.

My January goal:  Finish strong in my training for the Miami Marathon and add-in 1x/wk YOGA to ease the tight hammies, hip flexors, etc.

My 2008 goals:  TBD for exact races but another half-Ironman in July is almost 100% certain.

My super-short term goal:  Drop as much 'excess baggage' as possible before the marathon.  I would love to be in the mid-160s again.  It'll take discipline, and I'm up for the challenge. 

Any other clydes/athenas in for this challenge team??

Cheers, -Sunny 

2007-12-29 4:37 PM
in reply to: #1122082

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis
SunnyS - 2007-12-29 4:29 PM

Very tempting to join you, even if my live-in SO might wonder "just who does this guy think he is with a login name like that?!" 

About me:  Athena-for-life at 6'0" and 173 (I think).  See my Log here for details.

My January goal:  Finish strong in my training for the Miami Marathon and add-in 1x/wk YOGA to ease the tight hammies, hip flexors, etc.

My 2008 goals:  TBD for exact races but another half-Ironman in July is almost 100% certain.

My super-short term goal:  Drop as much 'excess baggage' as possible before the marathon.  I would love to be in the mid-160s again.  It'll take discipline, and I'm up for the challenge. 

Any other clydes/athenas in for this challenge team??

Cheers, -Sunny 

Cool!  Welcome from a fellow New Englander (Go Pats!)

2007-12-30 9:16 AM

exactly how big would I have to bee to make me an athena? I am short and stout....
2007-12-30 10:09 AM
in reply to: #1122675

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

amyb3517 - 2007-12-30 10:16 AM exactly how big would I have to bee to make me an athena? I am short and stout....

I think Athena is 155 or 165+ but not completely sure.  Clydes are 185+.

2007-12-30 10:23 AM

User image

Veteran
Okiehoma
Another Athena here looking to join the “Big Sexy” group!

I started training for my first triathlon in June of this year in hopes of getting in shape and losing some weight. I completed my first sprint in October; it took me over 2 hours, it was painful, I panicked the whole swim… but I cannot wait until I get to do it again!

I have lost 16 pounds to date, with the goal of another forty. I recently moved and started a new job, that with the holidays, my training has fallen off big time. I am totally ready to get motivated for the New Year. I have a tentative race schedule posted in my logs which includes completing my first Olympic distance along with some sprints.

I imagine I am an Athena for life. I am 200 pounds now, and have a goal of getting to 160. I will reassess at that time and determine how much lower I want to go if at all. I am short and stocky as some say, sitting at 65”. I like eating way too much to ever be skinny mini.

I look forward to kicking off the season with a great group of Clydes and Athenas!

2007-12-30 10:58 AM
in reply to: #1122749

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

Kazho - 2007-12-30 11:23 AM Another Athena here looking to join the “Big Sexy” group!

I started training for my first triathlon in June of this year in hopes of getting in shape and losing some weight. I completed my first sprint in October; it took me over 2 hours, it was painful, I panicked the whole swim… but I cannot wait until I get to do it again!

I have lost 16 pounds to date, with the goal of another forty. I recently moved and started a new job, that with the holidays, my training has fallen off big time. I am totally ready to get motivated for the New Year. I have a tentative race schedule posted in my logs which includes completing my first Olympic distance along with some sprints.

I imagine I am an Athena for life. I am 200 pounds now, and have a goal of getting to 160. I will reassess at that time and determine how much lower I want to go if at all. I am short and stocky as some say, sitting at 65”. I like eating way too much to ever be skinny mini.

I look forward to kicking off the season with a great group of Clydes and Athenas!

Welcome aboard!

2007-12-31 9:05 AM

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis
So ladies, what's your goals for this season?
2007-12-31 9:46 AM

New user

This has the making of a seriously fun group. I am looking to join a group this year. I missed out on all of the groups last year. I am a former college football player and a current teacher and coach. I have several friends who are triathletes and I have caught the bug. I am a monster clydesdale at 6'2" and 300 bills. I need to drop weight for many reasons. I used to be into weight training very heavy but that has subsided although, I amgetting back into it for my tri training. I would like to get to 275 to 250 to 225 and stay there. I did two two sprints last year and I really enjoyed them. One was a pool swim and one was open water. Running is my weakest point as you would expect at 300 bills. I would have done more but had foot sugery. I want to do 4 or 5 this year as a way to stay motivated and continue on with healthy habits. My first one is in late April. I want to do a olympic but the run and swim wig me a little. That is just a little about me and my goals and current situation. Hope you have room for anothe clydesdale. Good luck to all in the new year.
2007-12-31 9:48 AM
in reply to: #1124091

User image

Veteran
Okiehoma
Ooo, so many goals so little time. One of my main goals is to overcome my fear of open water so I can complete 1500 meters in a lake for my first Olympic distance race feeling fresh when I come out of the water and not like I am going to pass out. I managed the 400 yards at my first tri, but it was 17 minutes of pure panic and hyperventilation. Another goal is to actually become a runner and not a wogger (lots of walking and jogging). I would also like to remain injury free this season as last season I was plagued by shin splints. Of course there is the weight loss thing. And last, but not least, keep it fun!
2007-12-31 11:21 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miami, FL

Bill - I found the thread!!!  Would love to join the group.  My goal for this year is to have a solid year of several sprints (including the key bisc trilogy), a half marathon (my first), the MS ride and another couple of long bike rides, serveral 5Ks sprinkled in between, and then begin training for my first marathon, which will be in early '09.  Haven't finalized my calendar yet, but I'm working on it.  But as you know sometimes the goal is not the thing, but the journey is.  And my true goal is to train more consistently.  I think having a training group is key.  Am planning on joining the Hammerheads (local tri group) to this end.  With their support and your mentoring group, I think I'll reach my goals for '09.

Thanks so much for mentoring...

2007-12-31 11:53 AM

Is there any room here for a beginner? I am still in the contemplating stages - completing a sprint has been on my mind for years. But with two young kids - 4 and 2 - it is hard to train. I am heavy but motivated, but for some reason am just plain scared! I need someone to tell me that I, too, can be ready for a sprint in 7 months. If I register, there is no looking back. This is a brand world that I want to become a part of!

Should I choose to embark on this remarkable endeavor, I'm sure that I would be able to entertain you with my newbie questions and concerns. :-) Things like: After the swim, how does one change into biking clothes? The transitions seem like they would be madness.

I hope you'll see my name here again. Today is D-Day for me - if I do it I will register tonight. And then begin the long journey!

Goals? To sign up! :-) It's a start, right?
2007-12-31 12:01 PM
in reply to: #1124558

User image

Veteran
Okiehoma

wrighter - 2007-12-31 11:53 AM Is there any room here for a beginner? I am still in the contemplating stages - completing a sprint has been on my mind for years. But with two young kids - 4 and 2 - it is hard to train. I am heavy but motivated, but for some reason am just plain scared! I need someone to tell me that I, too, can be ready for a sprint in 7 months. If I register, there is no looking back. This is a brand world that I want to become a part of! Should I choose to embark on this remarkable endeavor, I'm sure that I would be able to entertain you with my newbie questions and concerns. :-) Things like: After the swim, how does one change into biking clothes? The transitions seem like they would be madness. I hope you'll see my name here again. Today is D-Day for me - if I do it I will register tonight. And then begin the long journey! Goals? To sign up! :-) It's a start, right?

You can do it! I got ready for my first sprint in four months and when I started I could barely bike 10 minutes without fainting, I could not even swim one length of the pool without stopping, and running? forget about it. I say go for it! It would be awesome to have a virgin blossoming triathlete as part of the group.

2007-12-31 12:10 PM
in reply to: #1124558

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

wrighter - 2007-12-31 12:53 PM Is there any room here for a beginner? I am still in the contemplating stages - completing a sprint has been on my mind for years. But with two young kids - 4 and 2 - it is hard to train. I am heavy but motivated, but for some reason am just plain scared! I need someone to tell me that I, too, can be ready for a sprint in 7 months. If I register, there is no looking back. This is a brand world that I want to become a part of! Should I choose to embark on this remarkable endeavor, I'm sure that I would be able to entertain you with my newbie questions and concerns. :-) Things like: After the swim, how does one change into biking clothes? The transitions seem like they would be madness. I hope you'll see my name here again. Today is D-Day for me - if I do it I will register tonight. And then begin the long journey! Goals? To sign up! :-) It's a start, right?

You're in...now register!  I promise that you'll make it and when you finish you'll be driving home at break-neck speed to go online and register for another.  This is addictive, but in a healthy way!

2007-12-31 12:11 PM
in reply to: #1124219

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

pirate1 - 2007-12-31 10:46 AM This has the making of a seriously fun group. I am looking to join a group this year. I missed out on all of the groups last year. I am a former college football player and a current teacher and coach. I have several friends who are triathletes and I have caught the bug. I am a monster clydesdale at 6'2" and 300 bills. I need to drop weight for many reasons. I used to be into weight training very heavy but that has subsided although, I amgetting back into it for my tri training. I would like to get to 275 to 250 to 225 and stay there. I did two two sprints last year and I really enjoyed them. One was a pool swim and one was open water. Running is my weakest point as you would expect at 300 bills. I would have done more but had foot sugery. I want to do 4 or 5 this year as a way to stay motivated and continue on with healthy habits. My first one is in late April. I want to do a olympic but the run and swim wig me a little. That is just a little about me and my goals and current situation. Hope you have room for anothe clydesdale. Good luck to all in the new year.

Sweet!  Welcome.

2007-12-31 12:36 PM

I would love to join. I used to be thin and then stopped smoking - THREE years ago. I gained 65 pounds, leaving me at 187 as of this morning. I need to get it off. I have dropped and kept off 8 pounds for two months. I'm ready for the next ten pounds and the next and the next until I'm back to my 120-ish self again.

I am also back in the saddle for training. I did a half mary in early December with almost no training (a disgusting 3:15 ish or somewhere around there) and have a full mary in another 8 weeks that I just resumed training (walking/jogging) for. I also just signed up for an oly in April and a HIM in October. (If I can get the time off, I'd love to fit another oly in there between April and October, but we'll see.)

I work one full-time job, a part-time job, am remodeling the house, and attend school part-time, but I have made a running schedule for the marathon and will work on the tri training schedule over the next week.

If space is available, I would love to join the group.

I live in an Orlando suburb and can run anytime in the neighborhood, but swimming is limited to gym time (opens at 5 and closes at 11, sounds like a shouldn't haven't a problem right, but I start work at 6:30 am and my part-time job lets out at 11 pm, so it's a real balancing act.) and biking is limited to gym time as well, though I am in the process of purchasing a used exercise bike.

Swimming is by far my worst sport.

The quick, not really well-defined, off the top of my head goals that need to be defined over the coming days are lose the weight, come up with and maintain a training schedule that fits in my schedule, have running times (currently a walk/jog pace of about 13:45ish) down to a 10 minute mile, be able to swim the half-iron distance by a set point so I can begin working on other things (like technique) rather than just working on the endurance, and have strength training integrated in my workout.

So, do I meet the groups goals?

Leighsah

2007-12-31 12:43 PM
in reply to: #1124658

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

Leighsah - 2007-12-31 1:36 PM I would love to join. I used to be thin and then stopped smoking - THREE years ago. I gained 65 pounds, leaving me at 187 as of this morning. I need to get it off. I have dropped and kept off 8 pounds for two months. I'm ready for the next ten pounds and the next and the next until I'm back to my 120-ish self again. I am also back in the saddle for training. I did a half mary in early December with almost no training (a disgusting 3:15 ish or somewhere around there) and have a full mary in another 8 weeks that I just resumed training (walking/jogging) for. I also just signed up for an oly in April and a HIM in October. (If I can get the time off, I'd love to fit another oly in there between April and October, but we'll see.) I work one full-time job, a part-time job, am remodeling the house, and attend school part-time, but I have made a running schedule for the marathon and will work on the tri training schedule over the next week. If space is available, I would love to join the group. I live in an Orlando suburb and can run anytime in the neighborhood, but swimming is limited to gym time (opens at 5 and closes at 11, sounds like a shouldn't haven't a problem right, but I start work at 6:30 am and my part-time job lets out at 11 pm, so it's a real balancing act.) and biking is limited to gym time as well, though I am in the process of purchasing a used exercise bike. Swimming is by far my worst sport. The quick, not really well-defined, off the top of my head goals that need to be defined over the coming days are lose the weight, come up with and maintain a training schedule that fits in my schedule, have running times (currently a walk/jog pace of about 13:45ish) down to a 10 minute mile, be able to swim the half-iron distance by a set point so I can begin working on other things (like technique) rather than just working on the endurance, and have strength training integrated in my workout. So, do I meet the groups goals? Leighsah

Of course!

2007-12-31 2:33 PM

User image

Regular
Grantville, Ga
I would like to join your group if I qualify, and if you will have me.
Male 45 yrs. 5'8" 205lbs 22% body fat.
Hi,
My name is Billy , I am married with children, love anything outdoors. I am a ex motocross racer with several injuries that give me trouble from time to time. I was in a great mentor group last year that I didn't take full advantage of. I hope this year I will take full advantage of everyone's input and encouragement. I am a up and down person on my weight and training. I suck at posting my workouts. I live in Georgia so training in the winter really does'nt affect me much.

2008 Goals are to complete 1 tri in April, 1 in June and the last in August/ Sept.
Muddy Buddy race June
1 Xterra Challenge during the early summer

I have severe heels spurs on both heels near the achilles area that hinder me from running. I do 80% of my running training on a stairmaster.
On race day I just grin and bear it.
Swimmimg regular is hard due to lack of indoor pools in my area.

I love to push myself and tend to go overboard when the time comes.
I hope you will consider me in your group and look forward to participating.
Thanks, Billy

Edited by wildbill 2007-12-31 2:35 PM
2007-12-31 2:35 PM
in reply to: #1124886

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

wildbill - 2007-12-31 3:33 PM I would like to join your group if I qualify, and if you will have me. Male 45 yrs. 5'8" 205lbs 22% body fat. Hi, My name is Billy , I am married with children, love anything outdoors. I am a ex motocross racer with several injuries that give me trouble from time to time. I was in a great mentor group last year that I didn't take full advantage of. I hope this year I will take full advantage of everyone's input and encouragement. I am a up and down person on my weight and training. I suck at posting my workouts. I live in Georgia so training in the winter really does'nt affect me much. 2008 Goals are to complete 1 tri in April, 1 in June and the last in August/ Sept. Muddy Buddy race June 1 Xterra Challenge during the early summer I have severe heels spurs on both heels near the achilles area that hinder me from running. I do 80% of my running training on a stairmaster. On race day I just grin and bear it. Swimmimg regular is hard due to lack of indoor pools in my area. I love to push myself and tend to go overboard when the time comes. I hope you will consider me in your group and look forward to patipating. Thanks, Billy

Sure, but to get the most out of it, posting workouts is pretty much a must.  You up for it?

2007-12-31 2:38 PM

User image

Regular
Grantville, Ga
Sure, I will make this my daily regiment right before my bedtime routine.
Thanks.......Look forward to a great start of 2008 with all of the group.
Happy New Years.....
2007-12-31 3:25 PM

All right, gang - count me in. I just registered for my first sprint at the end of July! Gulp! I have buyer's remorse! :-)

So, there is an official race virgin in your midst. No looking back now!

I'll be visiting this thread often - with lots of silly newbie questions. I look forward to hearing from all you veterans out there.

Here's to racing in 2008!

2007-12-31 7:24 PM
in reply to: #1125020

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

wrighter - 2007-12-31 4:25 PM All right, gang - count me in. I just registered for my first sprint at the end of July! Gulp! I have buyer's remorse! :-) So, there is an official race virgin in your midst. No looking back now! I'll be visiting this thread often - with lots of silly newbie questions. I look forward to hearing from all you veterans out there. Here's to racing in 2008!

Awesome! 

2007-12-31 8:59 PM

User image

New user

I would love to join the group if I meet the qualifications, and if ofcourse theres room.
Male 36 yrs. 6`1" 230lbs

Im Enrique, ive been involved in triathlons for one year and ive done a few triathlons, but this year i really want to take it to the next level and achieve all my tri and weight maintaining goals.

I currently live in Mexico, but because of extensive travelling i call home LA, China and England.

Last year i was very good at keeping up with my goals, writing down my every workout and trying to maximize every piece of advise i got from triathletes that have been in the sport for a while, but with all the traveling, its very easy to stray and not stay motivated.

My 2008 goals
go under a 45min 10k in a Oly tri
stay around 210 lbs
70.3 Wolrds ?!?!?! (crazy, but im willing to bust my behind to achieve it)

race wise, Im already in
70.3 Orlando

Well...Hopefully i went over all the details and i can join the group!

Thanks

E
2007-12-31 9:15 PM
in reply to: #1125545

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis

cgeusa - 2007-12-31 9:59 PM I would love to join the group if I meet the qualifications, and if ofcourse theres room. Male 36 yrs. 6`1" 230lbs Im Enrique, ive been involved in triathlons for one year and ive done a few triathlons, but this year i really want to take it to the next level and achieve all my tri and weight maintaining goals. I currently live in Mexico, but because of extensive travelling i call home LA, China and England. Last year i was very good at keeping up with my goals, writing down my every workout and trying to maximize every piece of advise i got from triathletes that have been in the sport for a while, but with all the traveling, its very easy to stray and not stay motivated. My 2008 goals go under a 45min 10k in a Oly tri stay around 210 lbs 70.3 Wolrds ?!?!?! (crazy, but im willing to bust my behind to achieve it) race wise, Im already in 70.3 Orlando Well...Hopefully i went over all the details and i can join the group! Thanks E

Welcome!

2007-12-31 9:32 PM

New user

I would like to join your group, if you'll let me. I am new to do a Triathalon. Last year I started swimming again with a Master's Team. I swam thru college (division 3). Was never great but I always did Ok. Then I stopped swimming and for the most part exercising. Anyways this summer I joined the master's team. I'm doing good with the swimming and have a good start. I swim about 3,000 yards maybe twice a week. About 75% of the swimmers are Triathlete's. My comment has been "yeah I'm a triathlete, I try to get to practice"..... But my lane mates want me to do one. I have signed up for a class at the club that meets once a week to learn how to start training. Anyways I've decided I'm gonna do it. I think I'll need all the help I can get. I read the book SLOW, FAT TRIATHLETE and figure if she could do it so could I. I'm female, 35 and I have 2 kids, ages 7 and 5. and am a mere 235 pounds and about 5'5.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » BIG SEXY's group---FULL of sexiness. Rss Feed  

of 7