Run
  • 1h 12m 31s
  • 6.20 miles
  • 11m 42s /Mi

See that???!??! I was at a 10k birthday race for my friend, and that is my PR!!!!! Woo hoo. Under a 12 minute mile for 6.2 miles. I'm dancing a jig over here in Berkeley, California!!!!

BTW, my friend placed first in his age group. Nice birthday present!

Bike
  • 1h 22m
  • 17.80 miles
  • 13.00 Mi/hr

I seem to be getting slower... and slower... and slower. I clearly need a hot fudge sundae.

Bike
  • 1h 15m
  • 19.00 miles
  • 15.20 Mi/hr

Trainer time. Left and right leg drills. They are so hard for me!!!!! Watched Survivor Guatemala while sweating. All in all an easy hour.

Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 17.80 miles
  • 12.50 Mi/hr

Regular bike commute. I think I'll spend some time on the trainer tonight and work on some left leg/right leg drills. I have found them so helpful in strengthening my peddle stroke technique.

Bike
  • 50m
  • 8.40 miles
  • 10.08 Mi/hr

Berkeley is full of hills. Big 'em hills. There is this one hill that people sort of use as a marker point. I have a friend who is a great(!) biker. He gets up it at 11 minutes. Today, it took me 16 minutes and 30 seconds!!! Some day I want to say I can do it in 11 minutes. Come out and try our hills some time, anyone! I'll put you up in my house and feed you well, then drag you out to face Tilden!

Run
  • 1h 05m
  • 5.00 miles
  • 13m /Mi

Felt so sluggish today. Ugh. But I did it, and that I guess is the point.

Do you see how I did absolutely NOTHING yesterday??? I felt like a lazy bum (at first). I skipped my ride to work and took the commuter train instead, because I unexpectedly had tickets to the Giants/Padres game last night. (Managed to avoid most ballpark food, all you Cranberries). On my way home, I realized I had left my car keys at work, so even though I was almost home, I had to get back on the train, go to work, retrieve keys, get back home. So my homeward commute from the ball game took almost 3 hours. Granted I wasn't actually exercising, but it erased any sense of lazy euphoria I might have experienced! Also, it made it impossible to get up for my 5am wake up call for swimming!! Ugh!! Must... exercise... today! (gasp!)

Bike
  • 1h 55m
  • 22.50 miles
  • 11.74 Mi/hr

Went on this ride, that I've been on many times before. Very hilly. But it felt much better. I mean the mph ain't much to look at, and several other riders blew right by us, but I think, with another 6 months of intensive training, maybe only half of them will blow by us!! (o:

dhlundblad's Training Log

September 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance