• 7.12 miles
  • 14.24 Mi/hr

Hills level 5 - stationary bike at the gym

• Walking
  • 35m

Incline walk from 2.5 up to 12%, speed from 2.5-3 — total distance: 1.6 miles

• Walking
  • 30m

I have "edited" my calendar to drop the marathon from the plan and was able to fit in more biking and swimming for the Triathlon. I feel less stress this way. Not sure if I will do the marathon or not. It will stay at the top for now but I am going to focus on being more rounded in activities and try to enjoy it. Not so much of a "task" or "work"
  • Walking
  • 30m

Sanity walk

Been thinking a lot lately about the marathon in October. I know it is a ways away. But my training plan is getting started and I am hating running more and more due to it. I was only going to sign up for the half but Chris gave me the full in my stocking for Christmas as a surprise. I have a girlfriend from Oklahoma who will be in Long Beach at that time so I was hoping to see her.

Now... as I start figuring airline tickets for IM Florida in November for Chris and Long Beach it is a lot of $$$ - one of the downfalls of living here. One reason we are on a short plan to get back in the states in the next year or two (after Matthew graduates high school).

So I am questioning if I really want to do long beach. Right now I am struggling to get my miles in for the most part. Some are good but most are a struggle. I have had pain between my ankle bone and Achilles on the outside of my foot, yesterday after the run I had pain in my calves - not shin splints but in my calves.

As I look at the plan the question is do I really want to do Long Beach? Do I really want to struggle through the training plan? or do I want to focus on GNT and B4W on my schedule and kill those instead and enjoy it.

Thoughts, thoughts and more thoughts.

• 14m 20s
  • 1.01 miles
  • 14m 11s /Mi
  • Walking
  • 15m 40s

this was to be part of an additional 1/2 mile and my warm up cool down

Today’s run brought to you by the letters S-H-I-T-T-Y!
* Treadmill had issues starting
* For the FIRST time in 3 Apple Watches - the distance was lower on the Apple Watch then the TM (never happens)
* Managed to walk a bit between 1 mile and starting the last 1/2 - forgot to start Apple Watch until I was most of the way through half of that and wasn't keeping time on the TM when I started and such.
* Even though I took two shots of an inhaler before I started like usual - my breathing in the first half a month started to feel like I had a plastic bag over my throat. It didn't go away like usual and it started to give me a panic/worry attack.

Just too many things to go wrong. Once I realized I didn't start the watch I walked until 1.8 and ran the last 2 miles to finish 30 min at 2:02 miles.

Last night turned into an off night. Didn't get out of work until after 7 - didn't get home until later and just called it.

Run at lunch today.

Sleep wasn't happening last night. Dogs wanted out to play in the snow, little missy who had surgery last Thursday couldn't seem to not want to go with them (unusual), Chris was up in the middle of the night since he wasn't feeling the best. So needless to say the thought of going to the gym this morning fleeted rather quickly.

Either an off day or it will be a Zumba night tonight. Will see how I feel after the day is through. Chris's off days are Mondays so trying to get lined up.

spackard's Training Log

March 2018 
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
  • March's totals
  • February's totals
  • 2018 totals
  • 2017 totals