Run
  • 2h 29m 03s
  • 13.43 miles
  • 11m 05s /Mi

I had it at 13.43. For the first few miles I was only .07 over on my garmin so if the race wasn't long I did a lot more moving around then I thought. Very happy with this after not much running and being sick yet. Almost 20 minutes faster at same race as last year - difference in 40 degrees less, no humidity and not being hurt. Ankle hurt was I was done but nothing compared to last race.

Overall - 1316/2029
Females - 781/1341
Div - 103/177

• RACE DAY: BCS Marathon & Half Marathon
Spent the evening last night in bed. Class was over at 430 and I didn't get out of bed until 930 when I left bed to sit in a HOT bath. Another round of Mucinex and I was asleep shortly. Slept through until 7 when the alarm went off. Throat is still a bit sore, stuff coming out of the head is all clear (hello virus) but even though I didn't want to get out of bed this morning, I don't feel wiped out in class. Last night after class it felt like all I could do to climb in the elevator and make it down the hall to my room before I was going to collapse. Today is last day of class, 3 hour drive to College Station, Expo and sleep and get prepped to run. :)
back in class today - no fever, but still body aches, stuffy head and nose, sore throat. And a half marathon in 48 hours. Come on Mucinex... San Antonio closed schools today since they don't have sufficient heaters. Snow in OK City, freezing rain and ice in AK and 32 in San Antonio. Got another two layers at Ladies Foot Locker yesterday for the race on Sunday. Race time time temp is hovering in the low 30s. Todays agenda - class and back to bed.
Woke up feeling crummy and a fever. Spent the morning in bed until 1pm. Got up and went in search of food. Stopped at a cvs and got some meds, came home and sat in a hot bath. Meds and in bed at 830.
Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

Took a walk down the riverwalk.

Found the mall. Found the movie theatre inside. Recliners, reserved seating, $6 for a movie. Watched The Best Man Holiday - good funny movie.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Went down and walked the Riverwalk. Then hopped into a horse drawn carriage for a short ride around the city. Beautiful with the Christmas lights on.

Sport
  • Walking
  • 1h 00m

Went and explored the river walk.

Flew to San Antonio for work today. Did a run of 20 gates with my camera/laptop bag. Missed my flight but luckily the next one boarded 20 min later. Got into San Antonio on hour later than should, hailed a cab. Got to the hotel, took a bit of a nap and then went to explore. Stopped for dinner at Ritas on the river - Mexican. YUM!

spackard's Training Log

December 2013 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • May's totals
  • April's totals