Run
  • 1h 03m 21s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 10m 12s /Mi
Time is now Official!

I did OK.  I have no idea what time, my guess is 1:05 so we'll see.

Update:
I wanted to wait till I got the time before I did a full update but I am not sure I'll ever get it.  So I'll go over the race.

First of all I have only ever been to one tri and no running only races.  But I still felt totally robbed that there was only running.  Odd how that went down but I really did.

I got there about 7:40 with the family.  The race was to start at 8 and it was raining and lightning.  I had gotten my packet the night before so I just popped in to see what was what and headed back to the car.  The family was watching ratatouille in the back seat.  About 7:55 we got word that the race would be postponed till 8:10.  At 8:10 it was till 8:20.  The kids were getting crabby by this point and it was pretty miserable out so I told Crystal to just go home.  She asked how I'd get home and I said I'd walk or run it home or something.

So from 8:20 to 8:55 we sat crowded as freeb under the shelter at the park.  At 8:55 they decided it was safe enough to run.  During the wait I found out that there were only 100 runner/walkers and that only 25 of those were 10k participants.

We all walk out into the rain at the start and got a thank you for coming.  Then we got the oh btw we didn't get permission to close any roads or anything so the cars won't know you're there.  The woman next to me with her husband and friend said, "just 33 minutes at worst."  I said a little longer for me because I was doing the 10k.  She responded, "Oh bless you!" and did the sign of the cross at me.  It was a little disconcerting.

At 9:02 the race started.  In my head I thought that DFL was fine for me because I just was doing this for a training run.  I just kept saying start at my own pace and speed up if I wanted to.  And I think I did ok at that.  I did my super slow pace and passed a few people.  There was a woman in front of me that and I thought I'd keep up with her, same distance behind her, for the first loop and then go from there.  It turns out she was also running the 10k.

As I was coming around for the second loop I was climbing the hill and had about a tenth of a mile to go and I see my wife pulling into the paking lot.  She actually got the kids out of the car to be there when I finished and so that was pretty cool.

The course was hillier than I normally run but it wasn't that bad.  I wasn't in pain or really too out of breath during the race but I did finish 23/25.

After the race they had a kids 100 meter race and I did that with my nearly 3 year old daughter.  She took last but got a medal which really rubbed my son the wrong way.  He didn't want her to get anything.

I'm going to go ahead and put some times in but have no idea how long it took.  I'll guess what I believe to be a touch high.

I worked from ~7:30am-~11:30pm yesterday.  It was about 16 hours total.  No work out again.  Volleyball tonight and then the 10k tomorrow.  I haven't run in a week and a half.  sigh.  I hope it works out ok.

Work has gotten near panicky busy... no work out last night.. I worked until 10pm or so.  Tonight I may have to do the same.

Yummy
I just didn't have the energy this morning.  I'm not sure I have it now.  I'll either run after the bike tonight as a brick or I'll do it in the place of the swim tomorrow.

Swim
  • 1h 25m 15s
  • 3280.84 yards
  • 02m 36s /100 yards

3x1000meters @ 30 seconds rest.

This is the farthest that I've ever swam. The ability to go over an hour for the work out certainly helps in the distance category. All in all I'm happy with this swim. I did lose a lot of technique the last 500 meters. I also had some shoulder discomfort and a touch of elbow discomfort. The elbow went away as I concentrated on technique and the should didn't hurt even like it did when I started last October.

All in all a good work out.

Now I just have to add 1k yards to this in the next 2 years to be ready for my swim time goal for the iron man.

Oh yeah, and I got not one, not two, but THREE cramps in the arch of my left foot. The last time for nearly the entire set.

And to the girl in the tiny black bikini lap swimming. You're pretty girl sure, but I'm tired of trying to swim around the 4 guys, literally, that want to swim underwater and look at your crotch.

Sport
  • Stationary Biking
  • 35m

We got about 35 minutes in before my daughter had an accident and we had to go get her.

Sport
  • Stationary Biking
  • 1h 00m
So I think my wife has finally decided to really do the Lake Mills Tri next year.  She asked me to do a stationary spinning bike workout a couple of times a week with her.  I agreed.  Yay. :)

jmeserole's Training Log

August 2009 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals