Run
  • 45m 54s
  • 6.25 miles
  • 07m 20s /Mi

OK... not exactly the run I had planned, but by far the fastest I've ever run 10k, to the tune of over 5 minutes.

Tonight was supposed to be 2 miles at goal pace, followed by 4 miles at tempo. Unfortunately, I no longer have any idea what my goal pace is, since my goal time keeps flip-flopping. Therefore, I just ran tonight. I planned to go out at a nice pace for 2, then pick it up for the last 4 to whatever pace I felt slightly uncomfortable with.
Well, mile 1 at 7:45 sorta blew that out of the water. Oops! So I slowed down for mile 2 and got there at around 15:45. My 5k split time was 23:50.
I really started to boot'er with a couple of miles to go. Mile before last was about 7 even, and the last 1.12 I finished in 6:54.
Pretty tuckered after all was said and done, but not whipped by any means.
I'm hoping this will help me make up my mind for a finishing goal. I know I should probably be slowing down in my taper, but what the hell. Why not train like I live?

Sport
  • Walking
  • 45m

Walk thru the marsh at lunch today to keep the legs moving. Remarkably un-sore today. Actually feel pretty good after yesterday's run.
My friend Darren has almost got me convinced to try to run a 3:45. I know that this is stupid, and that you should never set a time goal for your first mary, but I'm a stupid guy. I, personally would be quite happy with anything around 4, but D is pushing pretty hard for me to boot it with him. I wonder if I'm pushing myself hard enough, and if maybe he's right. Dunno.

Run
  • 1h 50m 03s
  • 13.10 miles
  • 08m 24s /Mi

PB for a 1/2 mary, but distance is unofficial. Darren and I ran the 1/2 Manitoba Mary course today for our last training run. Kept up a pretty good pace, got slowed down by a few clinics that were hogging the sidewalks and slowing things down, but I was kinda glad to have a few slow-breaks. Finished with a last mile kick and felt not too badly afterwards. We'll see how we feel tomorrow, but I think I'm good to go.

Run
  • 33m 33s
  • 4.12 miles
  • 08m 08s /Mi

Ran outside today in the worst humidity it's been around here this year. Can't seem to stop sweating right now.
Body was a little sore and a lot stiff from my run-in the other day. Hopefully I can run the stiffness out in the next few days. I've got a 13 miler scheduled for tomorrow, so I should be able to gauge from that how well the body is recovering.
Run today was ok... didn't push the pace at all and still finished under 8:30s, so that's a good thing. I HOPE I'm ready for father's day.
No deer steaks for me, Sax. I left them in the ditch for the vultures. ;)

Didn't get my run in yesterday... got in a car accident instead. Everyone's ok, but my car's not doing so hot, after being attacked by two deer at 60mph. Ouch.
Run
  • -----
  • 5.00 miles
  • 08m 19s /Mi

Ran about 3.5 miles, then did 100 metre strides on the way in, getting the speed up there pretty good.
My hammies felt like they were literally forged in iron for the first 2 miles, and my right calf wasn't much better. It wasn't til about my 3rd stride that my legs actually felt 'good'.
Headed out into a good STRONG wind, so the way back was nice.

Shrike's Training Log

June 2005 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance