Run
  • 31m 04s
  • 2.55 miles
  • 12m 11s /Mi

Pain free, warm, sunny, and just lots of loops to avoid elevation for my ankle. Sometimes I felt a bit like I was pushing too hard. Having it be so much warmer so suddenly has been weird.

• Calories out: 1959 From lifestyle:1729, From activities:231
Swim
  • 41m 40s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 18s /100 yards

200 warm up
100 kick
4x 50 descending :15
300 pull (easy/medium/strong)
2x [200 with :20
4x 50 with :10]
200 cool down

I haven't really looked at my data for this set, but it felt like a good workout. It took me a long time to feel comfortable. No joke, I was exhausted until midway through the 200, then I finally started feeling it in my back instead of my shoulders. So, yeah, it took awhile, but once I felt good, I was good. Tired, lots on panting, in a good way!
Apparently when the pools open up for Memorial Day, the indoor pool is quiet. No classes, and only two other people in the water the entire time.

• Calories out: 2035 From lifestyle:1726, From activities:309
Bike #1
  • 30m 39s
  • 9.81 miles
  • 19.20 Mi/hr

First trainer ride as part of my planned transition practice brick. Big ring, all feeling good. Lots of sweat.

Run #1
  • 09m 52s
  • 0.82 miles
  • 12m 03s /Mi

Wobbly leg transition run. So warm out! Also, why does my race belt feel the need to migrate from my hips 8 inches up to my natural waist? Which, by the way, happens to be a scant 2 inches beneath my bust. Ugh.

Bike #2
  • 30m 48s
  • 9.86 miles
  • 19.20 Mi/hr

Oh man, this is where the hard work happens. Lead legs, loads of sweat, and mentally: just. Keep. Going.

Run #2
  • 09m 30s
  • 0.81 miles
  • 11m 43s /Mi

So I had these toe cramps in the first .25 mile or so, then I started feeling good. No ankle pain, and I was able to walk fine afterwards. Big success! Totally earned the post brick chocolate milk.

I was hoping for a lazy Friday, but it looks like it is going to be a busy one at the office today. Hopefully that means the time will go quickly!
At PT last night I got the go ahead to try running, but to avoid hills, slopes, uneven ground, etc. Not sure what that leaves me, but I'll figure it out. Since I didn't have any pain while running this whole time, I'm really excited to get back at it so soon. I'm supposed to do my special stretches after, and make note if the walking issue returns after running.

• Calories out: 2438 From lifestyle:1715, From activities:723
  • Health data: Injury: 2
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 40m

Stretches, step ups, raises, wobble board, and weird twisting half squat things. Plus walking!

I had to walk across some grass yesterday for maybe 20 feet. In that time, I felt the ankle pain again. Grrr! Everything feels okay when moving around the house of a flat surface, though. PT tonight, so we'll see how that goes.
It is 83 (23) degrees in my office. My "luxury leather alternative" office chair is sticking to my legs. My boss has left for the day. Safe to say very little work being done here.

• Calories out: 1949 From lifestyle:1726, From activities:223
  • Health data: Injury: 3
Swim
  • 40m 16s
  • 1800.00 yards
  • 02m 14s /100 yards

200 mixed warmup
300 pull (3/5 breathing by 50s)
400 swim
400 pull (3/5 breathing by 50s)
300 swim
200 mixed cool down

The last time I did this workout was way back in December, and today I was 8 seconds/100 yards faster. Of course, I didn't have my Garmin then, so I don't really know details, just overall pace. It could be that day I hung out at the wall for a long time between sets, since this workout didn't specify rest lengths. But still, I'm calling it progress.
My 400 swim was 7:47.9 (avg pace 1:57/100) and I'm pretty happy with that. If I swim that way on race day I'll be coming out of the pool in around 8:31 for 400 meters.

My left calf is sore from yesterday. We did these leg raise things, where you stand up on your toes, let go of the support, and sloooooowly put your heels back down. I didn't feel it at all at the time, but whoa, my calves are talking to me today. I don't have nearly the strength in my feet/ankles/calves that I thought I did.
Many years ago the Giraffe actually had his peroneal tendons cut, and he was in hospital for awhile. For his final bit of rehab, he stood on his injured leg on a wobble board with the therapist threw a medicine ball for him to catch. I thought that sounded kind of fun, and wondered if I'd get to do something like that. In a word: no. Instead, I stood on the board with both feet, trying to have enough balance to let go of the support. Hahahaha. So much work ahead of me!
That said, I am incredibly grateful that my mother works for a podiatrist and has some pull with the therapists. I heard stories of people having to wait weeks for their therapy to start. Talk about a broken system!

• Calories out: 2025 From lifestyle:1726, From activities:299
  • Health data: Injury: 2
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 37m

Stretches, step ups, wobble board, oh my! Culminated in slowly walking half a mile without pain. Well, there was discomfort, the kind that comes from PT. But none of the other "bad" pain. I never imagined I would sweat so much from barely moving!

So, I hesitate to jinx anything, but my ankle feels the tiniest bit better today. Perhaps resting was a good idea after all? Who would have thought it. I have today as a rest day, except PT later. I have a date with a wobble board.

• Calories out: 1933 From lifestyle:1727, From activities:206
  • Health data: Injury: 3
Bike
  • 50m 03s
  • 16.10 miles
  • 19.30 Mi/hr

3 minute intervals in each gear, working up to the hardest. Then back into the small ring for a two minute cool down. Focus on spinning, which really seems to challenge me. My legs just don't want to move fast! No pain in my ankle, which is very good.

Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 07m

In office stretching.
This is round one, I'm supposed to do a full routine with step ups and stuff as well, but wasn't able to find anything of the right size to step up on here at the office.

I need to take a look at my scheduled workouts for the week and figure out what kind of modifications I need to do. I have some at home PT exercises that I'm supposed to start, but I'm also planning on getting on the trainer tonight, which is fine provided there is no pain.

• Calories out: 2225 From lifestyle:1722, From activities:504
  • Health data: Injury: 4

Atlantia's Training Log

May 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance