Bike
  • 44m 02s
  • 7.62 miles
  • 10.38 Mi/hr

Farmer's Market to and fro. I haven't been out on Peggy the City Bike in so long, and it was nice to just get out and enjoy riding. Strawberries smelled good so I grabbed a couple pints along with some turnovers and whoopie pies. After a couple months of riding the road bike, climbing with only eight gears on the city bike is tough. Still, so nice to get out. Also, I just noticed that this is the fastest I've ever been on Peggy, (by about 0.3 mph.) I didn't feel like I was pushing or anything, so maybe I'm getting stronger? Or maybe the wind was in my favor! ;)

• Calories out: 1970 From lifestyle:1725, From activities:245
Swim
  • 54m 56s
  • 2194.56 meters
  • 02m 30s /100 meters

400 warm up (150 swim/50 kick - repeat)
50 BR, 50 back
3x200 pull :20 descend
300 swim (100 free/50 non - repeat) ---> whoops, somehow miscounted this, so did 250, then an easy 50
4x100 :15 (25 sprint/75 strong)
200 swim
4x50 :10
200 cool down

This was the first time that my form straight up failed in the pool. Previous to this I've been able to focus my mind, tell my body to suck it up, and bring it back to the wall. During my 100 repeats and again during the 50s, my body just noped right out. I was pushing hard, trying to find that point where I couldn't give any more...and I guess I found it. Despite being tired, this was a good workout.

Descending 200 pull: 3:51.3, 3:50.2, 3:47.1. Check! This is also where I thought my shoulders and back were going to rebel and leave the pool on their own.
100 repeats: best was 1:45.9, which is better than I've seen in quite some time. During my second I also had my goggle come completely away from my face, so I flipped onto my back and kicked while I emptied and reseated it, and still managed a 1:58.8 for that one!
50 repeats: best was the first one, at 0:49.7

Run
  • 32m 23s
  • 2.75 miles
  • 11m 46s /Mi

Another cool rainy run. Right at the tail end my calf started the feel tight, but then it was over, so no issue. I felt a bit like I was struggling this run. Tired, so nothing pain related, just tired. It is nice to be tired and not feeling great but still able to crank out a 30ish minute run. Progress!

• Calories out: 2392 From lifestyle:1713, From activities:678
Run
  • 40m 05s
  • 3.34 miles
  • 12m /Mi

I thought it wasn't supposed to rain today, but it was just barely 50 degrees and misting the whole time I was out there. Capris and ls tee. I didn't need a hat, since the rain was so light. My legs felt good going up the hill on Pimmit, and my shoulders didn't seem as tense as last week. Little successes!

• Calories out: 2024 From lifestyle:1726, From activities:298
Swim
  • 55m 37s
  • 2194.56 meters
  • 02m 32s /100 meters

500 choice warm up
5x150 pull :30 (breathe 3/5/3 by 50)
5x200 swim :45
150 cool down

I had a very splashy lane mate, so good practice for a crowded swim! After being out of the water for a week, I felt sluggish during warmup, and told myself to focus on my catch. As I get tired, my left arm especially tries to go straight. Those 200 repeats are a challenge, more mentally than anything else. Here's how they went: 3:48.7, 3:48.2, 3:52.4, 3:49.5, 3:49.4. Nice consistency, and I'm happy to see that I kept it from getting too slow on the fourth and fifth go.
I found some goggles in a box when cleaning out the closet over the weekend, so I tried them out today. I have no idea how old they are, but they didn't appear to have been used. Speedo Sockets, I think? Lower profile and smaller than my Vanquishers. I had a teeny bit of leaking midway through, but nothing particularly annoying. They have left some impressive rings around my eyes, but we'll see. I also struggled quite a bit with heartburn this workouts. Hmmmm.

Bike
  • 48m 03s
  • 15.44 miles
  • 19.28 Mi/hr

Watching The West Wing. Why is it when I'm on the trainer I'm not having issues with shifting, but when I get out on the road I can't get into the big ring? So frustrating. I had a few comfort issues involving pressure and my lady bits and some seams, but nothing like I've been having the last few trainer sessions. I didn't feel like I was sliding off or anything, so I think the DIY fit certainly helped. I still find it pretty much impossible to take my hands off the handlebars without falling onto them face first, which is an issue. I have to sit all the way up. That doesn't sound normal. Maybe my core is just ridiculously weak and I can't hold myself up? Who knows.....but for now all is working and I can ride okay, so we're calling it a win.

• Calories out: 2568 From lifestyle:1709, From activities:859
Run
  • 24m 31s
  • 1.95 miles
  • 12m 34s /Mi

Another rainy run in the apartment complex. Fitted long shorts, ls tee, brimmed cap. For the first 100 steps or so, I thought this was going to be a no-go. My ankle hurt, my foot felt wobbly, etc. Then I felt better, found some rhythm, and got going. Something about running in a light rain is just wonderful!

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Post run stretch. Feels so nice...why do I ever forget to do this?

Blah blah blah. I have the blahs. My back hurts, I'm tired, and I ran out of Midol. Whine, whine, whine! At least the sun in peaking out a little bit for now. I think we're supposed to get more showers tonight and the next few days.
Hopefully we get some nice weather this weekend. My mom was mentioning she may want to grill out for Mother's Day. She's had such bad luck lately with her eyes and PT for the shoulder, it would be good if we could give her a really nice day. :)

• Calories out: 1933 From lifestyle:1728, From activities:205
Got to the REC this morning to find it closed due to water problems. Ugh! Backtracked to the house so I could shower and get ready for work. I don't want to run two days in a row, so I'm not sure what I'll do for a workout when I get home. Maybe just make up this swim this upcoming weekend?

• Calories out: 1737 From lifestyle:1737, From activities:0
Run
  • 31m 46s
  • 2.62 miles
  • 12m 07s /Mi

50 and rainy. Since my foot had been a bit off, I decided to run in the apt complex to avoid hills. That did mean I also missed out on seeing some nicer birds or flowers. Even so, this run felt pretty easy, especially considering yesterday's long ride. I ran in my trisuit with my Under Armour Bra underneath to test that combo out. Because of the weather I wore my jacket on top. I was a bit warm, but I would have been freezing and soaked without it. All good, no chafing! My ankles and feet didn't feel great, but nothing specific that I can pinpoint.

• Calories out: 1964 From lifestyle:1729, From activities:236

Atlantia's Training Log

May 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • July's totals