• 1691.64 meters
  • 02m 44s /100 meters

250 choice warm up :60
300 pull (breathe 3/5 by 50) :90
400 swim 2:00
400 pull 2:00
300 swim :90
200 c/d

I didn't realize until I started how long the rests are in the workout, but I did it as written, figuring the great Sara McLarty knows far more than me. :)
Average pace was 1:55 for the 400 swim, which is :01/100 faster than my last workout and on race day. Consistent!

Bike
  • 30m 02s
  • 9.01 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

LT Intervals
5 min warm up, then
8x 2 min @ 95% max, 1 minute easy
Cool down

Getting up to 175 is hard work in just two minutes, and I definitely worked harder on the trainer than I ever have before. Loads of sweat, and even a few moments where I had to tell myself to hang on. This is hard, but I love it!

My poor Giraffe did not have a good day yesterday. He heard from the interview already, but only because they turned him down. He also went to get his oil changed and an inspection, but the car failed. He got quoted $1k for repairs, but fortunately he has a friend who has a friend, so hopefully we can get that sorted for far cheaper.

• Calories out: 2394 From lifestyle:1716, From activities:678
Run
  • 17m 06s
  • 1.36 miles
  • 12m 34s /Mi

Low humidity! Partly cloudy! 60 degrees! What a gorgeous morning to get my running feet back under me. I little tough going, but nothing bad. I can tell I took a week off, so that's a bit scary how fast my running legs disappear.

Strength
  • 50m

1/4 mile walk warm up
ankle/foot routine
myrtls
pedestal 1
1/4 mile walk cool down

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 10m

Post run stretch

Let's see, what's been going on lately.
1. J's interview went well, he thinks, but obviously still too early to tell.
2. These low humidity mornings are making me miss Vivaldi so hard....these were the kind of walks we both liked.
3. Back on the MyFitnessPal wagon. I really hadn't been making the effort to lose for months now, but after having to haul my butt up some hills at the Reston Sprint, I'm ready to make some changes to the power/weight equation. :)
4. Continuing to debate my Oly choice. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's going to be a dedicated blog post for it, complete with pro/con lists and anxiety. I'm not happy unless I'm worrying about something!
5. I have a new battery for my cadence sensor, so hopefully starting tomorrow I'll have speed on the trainer again. Not that it really matters, but it will be nice to have another metric to play with.
6. I think I'm ready to do some LT testing. With the really hot weather ahead of us, I think knowing my HR zones especially for running will be beneficial. Thoughts?

Today I am grateful for my friends. The Orlando massacre is making me a bit macabre, and wanting to reach out a little more to those I love and call friend. Of course that means my BT crew: internet friends are friends all the same!!

• Calories out: 2145 From lifestyle:1716, From activities:429
Swim
  • 49m 05s
  • 1691.64 meters
  • 02m 54s /100 meters

150 w/u :60
4x25 kick :15
4x50 drill :20 (fingertip drag and thumb drag)
4x100 pull :30
1x200 swim :60
4x100 pull :30
4x50 drill :20
4x25 kick :15
100 c/d

Back in the water and feeling good. Nothing special about this workout, just getting it done. I didn't worry about speed, focused on a high elbow pull and body rotation. Then a few minutes in the hot tub and on to start the day. Getting out of bed was rough, but once I hit the water I was happy.
I went back to my usual applesauce before the workout and everything sat nicely. Triberry nuun at poolside, and a chocolate milk in the car on the way to the office. Stomach feels good!

Bike
  • 32m 34s
  • 9.77 miles
  • 18.00 Mi/hr

Trainer Ride
5 min w/u
4x 4 min @85%, 3 min easy
Cool down

Holy sweatfest, so that's what working on the trainer feels like. HR zones are estimated, I need to do a test real soon. And wow, the time just flew by. Granted 30 minutes on the bike is easy now, but still, nice to not feel bored. I can't believe I didn't look into intervals sooner.

• Calories out: 2396 From lifestyle:1715, From activities:682
Tomorrow Olympic training starts. I've spent today finding a few weeks of swim workouts that look fun, along with some strength training progressions to follow. I like the videos by Jay Johnson, so I'm going to be giving those a try. I'm also going to be doing interval workouts on the trainer, instead of mindless spinning. But today is about getting laundry done and relaxing in advance of the next 13 weeks of fun. :)

• Calories out: 1737 From lifestyle:1737, From activities:0
Sport
  • Walking
  • 46m

Imported from Garmin GarminConnect

• Calories out: 1887 From lifestyle:1725, From activities:162
Sport
  • Walking
  • 22m

Imported from Garmin GarminConnect

J has another interview today, but I just got a text from him that the apartment water has been shut off. I told him to go to the REC and pay the single day fee and shower there, hopefully he figures something out. And hopefully this is a company that pays decent money...and wants to hire him. Crossing all fingers and toes, because I really can't take much more of this unemployment stress.

• Calories out: 1809 From lifestyle:1731, From activities:78
Sport
  • Walking
  • 34m

Much warmer than yesterday, but still a nice walk. I felt a bit warm, whereas yesterday was completely gorgeous. I also managed to get a blister? Come on feet, not cool. I've had these shoes for awhile, and they were perfectly comfy yesterday.
I ran out of podcast and switched to some old school Mika, and man, I forgot how good that album was. So many smiles.

Another really pretty day outside, although about 10 degrees warmer than yesterday. We're supposed to be back in the 90s this weekend! I think I'm probably just going to go for another walk after work. I am so behind on my podcasts, and it is nice to walk and listen and unwind after work.

• Calories out: 1848 From lifestyle:1728, From activities:120

Atlantia's Training Log

June 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • June's totals