• 3.00 miles
  • 11m 16s /Mi

Reston Sprint Triathlon

Swim
  • 08m 32s
  • 402.34 meters
  • 02m 07s /100 meters

Reston Sprint Triathlon

Race day magic: wet roads, but no rain! I had a great race, and I'm so happy with how everything went. Race report is up!

• Calories out: 2522 From lifestyle:1713, From activities:809
Packet pickup and bag prep. Also lots of checking the weather report like a dork. :)
I posted my full race expectations and goals on my separate blog. Link up above if you want to dive into the full neurotic experience of my brain!

• Calories out: 1737 From lifestyle:1737, From activities:0
Sport
  • Foam Rolling
  • 10m

Rolling out the calves. The left one especially feels like it has nothing but knots in it. That's nothing new...that leg has felt knotty for literally years if not decades. One of these days I will suck it up and get a deep tissue massage! For now, the foam rolling is so nice.

• Calories out: 1737 From lifestyle:1737, From activities:0
Run
  • 15m 03s
  • 1.23 miles
  • 12m 15s /Mi

Hey there, humidity! We've been waiting for you!
Last quick little run before race day.

The RD sent out a message asking everyone to do a no-rain dance. Apparently since it is a pool swim we have to follow county rules, so any rain and the swim will be cancelled. They're working with the police to see about whether the bike will still happen. I'm hoping that the thunderstorms will hold off until the afternoon. Nothing anyone can really do...Mother Nature answers to no one. Fingers crossed. On that note, I am pretty excited to have a few days off from work either way. Just gotta get through today, then no work until Tuesday!!
Ugh, J's interview was a complete waste of time. They're offering $12 an hour. Seriously?! For a Sys Admin?! We were getting more than that on unemployment benefits. We've marched past nine months of him being unemployed, so I can understand that resume wise he isn't as "desirable" but ugh. Ugh!

• Calories out: 1845 From lifestyle:1733, From activities:112
Swim
  • 40m 07s
  • 1645.92 meters
  • 02m 27s /100 meters

200 mixed warmup
300 pull (3/5 breathing by 50s)
400 swim
400 pull (3/5 breathing by 50s)
300 swim
200 mixed cool down

My 400 swim today was 7:46 flat (1:56/100 pace) which is a bit faster than last week. Actually, it is such a tiny bit faster, I'd rather call it consistent. Either way, I'm quite happy with the time, and feeling quite positive about the swim leg on race day.
Aside from a nice swim, I was irritable with my fellow swimmers this morning. I understand that a lot of people don't like to circle swim, but hey - the pool is crowded, and we all want to get a workout in, right? I even knew Master's would be getting out in 10 minutes, and assured people I'd move as soon as there was space. One dude told me, "no, I can't circle swim, I'm not wearing tinted goggles." For real? We are INDOORS! I felt bad, but eventually just asked the slow lane in Master's if I could work in while they were cooling down. They were so nice! And of course they invited me to swim with them anytime. If only they didn't start so early. :)

• Calories out: 2024 From lifestyle:1726, From activities:298
Bike
  • 28m 04s
  • 8.89 miles
  • 19.00 Mi/hr

Zoom zoom zoom, spin the legs out. I can't believe a half hour on the trainer seemed so quick.

I was supposed to ride my bike this morning, but after the long weekend, getting out of bed just wasn't happening. I'll ride tonight.
Also, Sunday finally is in the 5 day forecast....and race day is not looking good. 80% chance of thunderstorms. Boo! :(
On the bright side, I got a box fan set up in my office, so I have some lovely airflow in here. And I found Pringles in my desk! Totally a good way to start the work week.

• Calories out: 2042 From lifestyle:1730, From activities:313
Bike
  • 46m 18s
  • 9.22 miles
  • 11.95 Mi/hr

396 feet of gain. Sunny and warm (mid 70s?)
Wow, could this ride have been more disappointing? First of all, wow that is incredibly slow. Second of all, it felt slow, and there was all kinds of squeaking and rubbing, and I really need to take a look at the bike and see what was going on. I was pushing as hard as I could on flat ground and was barely cracking 14mph?! I dropped my chain right before the last big climb, I guess I shifted too hard into the granny gear.
I was hoping that this last brick would be motivational, and remind me that I am so ready for the race next weekend. Instead, I'm now worried that I won't make the time cutoff before they reopen the roads because I'm such a slow rider, and that there's something wrong with my bike.
Except I'm not actually worried, I'm just thinking about it a fair amount. Not the same thing, trust me! Worry involves losing my temper and not being able to eat. This is just disappointment at a workout not going the way I wanted. I guess the win here is that I can tell the difference. And that I have a week to figure out the squeaking.

Run
  • 14m 02s
  • 1.29 miles
  • 10m 53s /Mi

Quick brick run. Felt pretty awful at the beginning, as usual, and then started feeling better around .77 miles in. Also as usual! I feel very much like I know what to expect when running off the bike next weekend! :)

• Calories out: 2195 From lifestyle:1721, From activities:474

Atlantia's Training Log

June 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30  

Time
Distance
  • Hot Cider Hustle (Run)
    11/2/2019 National Harbor, Maryland
  • Miami Man Aquathlon (Aquathlon)
    11/9/2019 Miami, Florida
  • Miami Man International Aqua Bike (Aquabike)
    11/10/2019 Miami, Florida
  • October's totals
  • September's totals
  • 2019 totals
  • 2018 totals