Swim
  • 1h 06m 59s
  • 2600.00 yards
  • 02m 35s /100 yards

300 choice swim warm up
4x150 w/:30 rest (50 kick/100 swim build)
4x25 w/:10 rest (fingertip drag/fist drill)
4x150 w/:30 rest (50 free/50 non-free/50 free)
4x25 w/:10 rest (descend stroke count 1-4)
4x150 pull w/:30 rest (50 ez, 50 med, 50 strong)
4x25 w/:10 rest (catch up drill)
200 cool down

Did my cool down as BR with my fins. Did my non-free sets as half back, half breast. I woke up this morning and almost didn't go to the pool. I just wanted to sleep. I got to the pool and almost did a lazy "zen" swim, no real workout. I finally HTFU'd and did the workout, and boy am I glad I did! Sometimes doing the work is therapy for the soul.

• Calories out: 2154 From lifestyle:1719, From activities:435
Run
  • 51m 03s
  • 3.79 miles
  • 13m 28s /Mi

There isn't any point in complaining about the weather....it remains the same. Boo! That is all.
My calves were in a snit this morning. "You ran on the flat W&OD the last two times. We thought we didn't do hills anymore," they seemed to say. "Shut up and do the work," I told them. There may have also been a whimper in there. Over twice as much gain today. It'll be worth it come race day in Reston.

• Calories out: 2055 From lifestyle:1723, From activities:332
Swim
  • 47m 01s
  • 2225.00 yards
  • 02m 07s /100 yards

Straight swim, as practice for next week's OWS race. No stopping to fix goggles or cap, or anything like that. If it needs to be done, do it on the fly. I had a lot of trouble with not being able to clear my throat, which was pretty irritated for some reason. I flipped and did backstroke and would try to cough, but basically spent the whole swim feeling like I had a very strong tickle. Maybe it was because they were mowing?
I also tried to swim pretty slow and calm, with the idea that while next week's race is just a swim, when I do my Oly the swim is more like a warmup for the rest of the event. Worked pretty well, and I feel ready. :)

Bike
  • 1h 00m 01s
  • 18.31 miles
  • 18.30 Mi/hr

Trainer
5' warm up
2x 7' "hill" 3' rec
20' z2
7' hill, 3' rec
5' cool down
So for the hills I basically tried to get my HR up and push the hardest gear. Nothing substitutes for the real thing, though. Supposed to be cooler this weekend!
I really felt lazy and didn't want to get on the bike. But I just put myself on autopilot and got dressed to ride. By the time I was done, I felt much better. Always so happy to get my sweat on!

Haribo makes sour bears. They are soft and not too sour, and you can still taste the fruit flavor they're based on, not just an overwhelming sour flavor. Five stars, recommended.
Except don't be like me and eat the whole pack in one sitting.

• Calories out: 2725 From lifestyle:1708, From activities:1018
Run
  • 1h 05m 19s
  • 5.02 miles
  • 13m 01s /Mi

77 degrees and 85% humidity at 5:30 in the morning? Okay, I'm really ready for summer to be over. At least, that's what I was saying to myself, right up until I turned a corner and spotted a gorgeous swath of pink clouds being lit by the rising sun. Okay then, Mother Nature, you win this round.
Trying out my new schedule, which has long run during the week, to free up more time on the weekend. So far, so good. My hip started to get a bit cranky on the way home, and I have a little blister on the tip of my toe, but all else feels surprisingly good.

I woke up again last night at exactly 1:30 and again at 3:30. It was so precise, I'm wondering if there's some kind of alarm or noise from a neighbor that was the cause. My alarm was set for 5am so I could get my long run in before work, but of course I was properly awake at 4:30. Maybe I'll make it an early night tonight?

• Calories out: 2144 From lifestyle:1719, From activities:424
Sport
  • Foam Rolling
  • 25m

Lower body, including feet. No upper body, because sunburn.

I got terrible sleep last night, so skipped my swim this morning. Riding tonight. Even still, I'm really struggling these last few days to get the workouts in. I just feel tired, and when I remind myself that I have a race coming up, I can't seem to remember why I signed up. I just want to sleep.
I don't know if this is being depressed, or just anxiety, or just....whatever. I don't know and I hate not knowing. Am I tired because I've been trying to do too much? I've given a little thought to dropping down to one of the lower volume plans. Right now I've been trying to do the 3x balanced, but maybe if I do the 2x balanced, that would still get me to the finish line, but give me a little breathing room? Or perhaps the heat is just doing me in? Ugh. Just ugh.
Add to that frustration that one of ours cars is not behaving well at all. I'm so grateful that J has paychecks coming in now, so at least the idea of a massive car repair is just unpleasant instead of taking food out of our mouths.

• Calories out: 1737 From lifestyle:1737, From activities:0
Unscheduled rest day. Blech. Just being lazy.

• Calories out: 1737 From lifestyle:1737, From activities:0
Run
  • 1h 25m 57s
  • 6.49 miles
  • 13m 14s /Mi

It was a warm start at 7am, already heading towards 80, but it was quite nice out. Met up with S and we headed out along the W&OD in Sterling. Originally we had planned for an hour, but at thirty minutes in we were feeling great, so kept on going. We walked whenever my HR buzzed high. Such a fun run! My right hip started aching just a teeny bit towards the end, and I have a few baby blisters on the tips of my toes. Running with friends is awesome!

• Calories out: 2272 From lifestyle:1714, From activities:558

Atlantia's Training Log

July 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Time
Distance
  • December's totals