Bike #1
  • 22m 10s
  • 3.81 miles
  • 10.31 Mi/hr

To the Farmer's Market. Now that tri season is over, Peggy gets to come out to play more often! Gorgeous early fall day, and not too hot. It was tough going getting up the hills, though. Man, this bike is so much heavier than I remember. :)

Bike #2
  • 24m 14s
  • 3.80 miles
  • 9.41 Mi/hr

Farmer's Market return trip. Did you know that it is impossible to ride on a beautiful day, with donuts and apple cider in your saddlebags, and NOT smile?

• Calories out: 1938 From lifestyle:1725, From activities:213
Run
  • 12m 03s
  • 0.93 miles
  • 12m 57s /Mi

Nice and easy does it. Wore the sunglasses I got as swag from Reston. They're so lightweight it's like they aren't even there. So far I like them.

Strength
  • 10m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Myrtle cool-down

Recovery run tonight. This whole "run less but more often" thing is really odd. Yet, I don't feel tired or hurt or anything, and in a matter of months my volume will be doubled (perhaps) so I guess all is well.
I'm enjoying my last day with long hair today, so of course am having doubts about the appointment for tomorrow's big chop. After months of bad hair days, it is looking fairly fantastic today. Ha!

• Calories out: 1876 From lifestyle:1731, From activities:145
Run
  • 24m 02s
  • 1.86 miles
  • 12m 55s /Mi

Had to wrap my headlamp around my arm for visibility. Couldn't be bothered digging through the closets for my actual reflective armband.
Slightly rough going, but more for my head than my legs. Didn't want to get out of bed, but got it done. Love that feeling!

Strength
  • 17m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Pedestal 1 x2
Myrtle cool-down

• Calories out: 1999 From lifestyle:1726, From activities:273
Run
  • 12m 09s
  • 0.97 miles
  • 12m 31s /Mi

Why is it that no matter how short the run, sometimes you still wind up checking the watch a million times? Nice easy recovery run. Lots of little acorns on the ground!

Strength
  • 10m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Myrtle cool down

Recovery run tonight.

• Calories out: 1877 From lifestyle:1731, From activities:146
Run
  • 24m 03s
  • 1.78 miles
  • 13m 31s /Mi

Medium run today, out and back towards WF. Its been a long time since I actually ran the entire thing. With summer HR running, I was walking up most of the hills. Now that it is finally a bit cooler, I seem to be able to get up the hills and stay in Z2! On the other hand, I seem to be spending more time in Z1 than usual. I'm going to go with it for now, seeing as I've never run 6 days a week before, and I don't want to mess with intensity and frequency at the same time.

Strength
  • 13m

Coach Jay
lunge matrix warm up
pedestal one (planks)
myrtle cool down

Sport #1
  • Device Upload
  • 39m

Imported from Garmin GarminConnect

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 39m

Imported from Garmin GarminConnect

• Calories out: 2289 From lifestyle:1705, From activities:583
Run
  • 12m 04s
  • 0.87 miles
  • 13m 52s /Mi

BarryP plan, so this was one of my 3 short recovery runs. It felt ridiculously short. In part, I guess, because I haven't changed my weekly mileage, just spread it out over twice as many days. I still really don't get why I seem to run so much slower in the apartment complex. I didn't even walk! Must be the trees, interfering with the GPS signal. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

Strength
  • 10m

Coach Jay
lunge matrix warm up
myrtle cool down

I went ahead and signed up for the Veteran's Day 5k. I also think I'm going to be running with my friend from the Heroes v Villains race, Captain America. It's a battle of the branches, so you pick your branch of the military (Air Force, of course) and then whichever branch has the fastest time gets money for charity. Very cool!
Also, I got my race report up on my main blog. Its mostly the same as my BT one, just with the benefit of an extra week's worth of time to look at data and collect my thoughts. Also there are pictures there. :)

• Calories out: 1865 From lifestyle:1731, From activities:134

Atlantia's Training Log

September 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance
  • June's totals