Run
  • 26m 02s
  • 1.92 miles
  • 13m 34s /Mi

Oof. My lower legs did want want to play today. It rained pretty heavily last night, but there weren't any super slick spots since there still aren't many leaves on the ground. Still shorts/tshirt weather, but not hot, which is my favorite!

Strength
  • 23m

Coach Jay
lunge matrix warm-up
pedestal 1 x2 (omg, those back planks are so hard!)
myrtle cool-down

• Calories out: 2021 From lifestyle:1724, From activities:297
Run
  • 13m 02s
  • 1.05 miles
  • 12m 25s /Mi

So much cooler! It truly feels like fall. My HR felt it, too, with me having to push harder to get my HR up.

Strength
  • 10m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Myrtle Cool-down

I was excited for the pool opening today, but when I got there, it doesn't open until 1pm. Boo! Even the locker rooms were closed, so I had to drive back home for my shower. Oh well. Recovery run tonight.

• Calories out: 1884 From lifestyle:1731, From activities:152
Run
  • 36m 02s
  • 2.82 miles
  • 12m 47s /Mi

When I headed out it wasn't even 60 degrees. The sun was shining, I was sweating buckets in the best way, and it was generally a fun day out. It is so odd to have my "long" run be 36 minutes. But again, I am enjoying the BarryP plan. Nothing hurts! No fatigue!

Strength
  • 10m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Myrtle cool-down

So, a few hours later into the day, and I can say that my hamstrings are feeling sore. Is it from today's run, or getting on the bike for the first time in two weeks yesterday? Who knows. Nothing bad, just feeling a bit tight when I stand up after sitting for awhile. I cannot wait until tomorrow when I can get back in the pool. I'm really excited to see if there's any visible changes at the pool. I heard they were going to be putting in some stairs on the deep end to accommodate those who have trouble with the ladders.

• Calories out: 2048 From lifestyle:1725, From activities:323
Bike #1
  • 22m 10s
  • 3.81 miles
  • 10.31 Mi/hr

To the Farmer's Market. Now that tri season is over, Peggy gets to come out to play more often! Gorgeous early fall day, and not too hot. It was tough going getting up the hills, though. Man, this bike is so much heavier than I remember. :)

Bike #2
  • 24m 14s
  • 3.80 miles
  • 9.41 Mi/hr

Farmer's Market return trip. Did you know that it is impossible to ride on a beautiful day, with donuts and apple cider in your saddlebags, and NOT smile?

• Calories out: 1938 From lifestyle:1725, From activities:213
Run
  • 12m 03s
  • 0.93 miles
  • 12m 57s /Mi

Nice and easy does it. Wore the sunglasses I got as swag from Reston. They're so lightweight it's like they aren't even there. So far I like them.

Strength
  • 10m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Myrtle cool-down

Recovery run tonight. This whole "run less but more often" thing is really odd. Yet, I don't feel tired or hurt or anything, and in a matter of months my volume will be doubled (perhaps) so I guess all is well.
I'm enjoying my last day with long hair today, so of course am having doubts about the appointment for tomorrow's big chop. After months of bad hair days, it is looking fairly fantastic today. Ha!

• Calories out: 1876 From lifestyle:1731, From activities:145
Run
  • 24m 02s
  • 1.86 miles
  • 12m 55s /Mi

Had to wrap my headlamp around my arm for visibility. Couldn't be bothered digging through the closets for my actual reflective armband.
Slightly rough going, but more for my head than my legs. Didn't want to get out of bed, but got it done. Love that feeling!

Strength
  • 17m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Pedestal 1 x2
Myrtle cool-down

• Calories out: 1999 From lifestyle:1726, From activities:273
Run
  • 12m 09s
  • 0.97 miles
  • 12m 31s /Mi

Why is it that no matter how short the run, sometimes you still wind up checking the watch a million times? Nice easy recovery run. Lots of little acorns on the ground!

Strength
  • 10m

Coach Jay
Lunge matrix warm-up
Myrtle cool down

Recovery run tonight.

• Calories out: 1877 From lifestyle:1731, From activities:146

Atlantia's Training Log

September 2016 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10