Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 28m

2x90 seconds flamingo/drinking bird balance <--- these are hard! 60 seconds is barely doable
200 banded toe flexions per day
3x20 calf raises
3x1 minute calf stretch
2x1 minute each direction lateral straight leg band walks

Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job. Recovery is my job.

• Calories out: 1915 From lifestyle:1756, From activities:158
  • Health data: Injury: 4
Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 05m

Morning exercises: stretch, balance, calf raises. Will complete the rest at the office.

Sport #2
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Well, that didn't go as planned. After being told on Monday that I could do some short walks without my crutches, I noticed that after about two minutes I was getting some pain on the top of my foot, left side near where my foot meets my ankle. Michael poked around a bit, and as he was manipulating my left foot, then my right, then my left again, I could feel it.....and my heart started to sink. Something in the left foot was moving where it shouldn't.
Long story short, I popped over to my PCP and got the second opinion: imaging is needed. I have to make an appointment with Fairfax Radiology, and then we'll go from there. I'm actually hoping for a break, because then I will just be in a boot. If it is tendon/muscle related, that means surgery, and a long recovery.

• Calories out: 2113 From lifestyle:1746, From activities:368
Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 20m

New exercises
3x1 minute new balance exercise (knee up toe up)
300 banded toe flexions per day
5x30 heavy banded knee squeezes
5x20 calf raises
3x1 minute calf stretch
3x1 minute each direction lateral straight leg band walks

Sport #2
  • Stationary Biking
  • 20m

Stationary recumbent, highest resistance. Managed to smack my toes into the side while pedaling (how???) so that stings. Nothing hurt in my ankle or knee, which is great.

Going to ride the recumbent stationary bike tonight! Getting on and off the regular bike is still off the table due to the twisting required by my ankle. I'm going to go for at least 20 minutes, and see if more is doable at the time.

• Calories out: 1998 From lifestyle:1753, From activities:245
  • Health data: Injury: 3
Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 1h 00m

Lots of soft tissuenwork to loosen up the ankle. Painful, of course, but the good kind. Deep tissue release stuff where you find the painful point and make it more painful to make it better.
We added in some new exercises for balance and strength. And! I am cleared to swim with a pull buoy, ride the stationary bike, and the elliptical! Yessssss!

Sport #2
  • Physical Therapy
  • 15m

Morning exercises
New exercises in evening

PT appointment at 1pm. Wonder what we'll do? My ankle is getting to that point where it feels like I can walk around without crutches, but that's probably not something I'm supposed to do just yet. I do very much hope that I'll get cleared for swimming and maybe even elliptical this week. My knee is no longer continuously weeping. Previously I would fill up a hydrocolloid dressing in about 8 hours, but the one we put on Friday night didn't get changed until this morning. So that's very promising.

• Calories out: 2167 From lifestyle:1743, From activities:424
Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 20m

Balance, stretch, circles x3

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 22m

Tiring. Same route as last time.

Dare I say it, but my ankle is feeling a little better. The balance exercise is getting a bit easier, but I still can't reach the full minute without catching myself. The ankle circles are still uncomfortable, and it feels like it catches, but it doesn't hurt. Can't wait to see how walking feels later today.

• Calories out: 1944 From lifestyle:1752, From activities:192
Sport
  • Physical Therapy
  • 20m

Balance, stretch, circles. 3x a day

Didn't manage a walk today. In fact, I only got abou 500 steps. I slept in, plus took a long nap. I think the week caught up with me. Jamey said if I was up to it he would join me for two short walks tomorrow. We shall see.

• Calories out: 1872 From lifestyle:1759, From activities:113
Sport #1
  • Physical Therapy
  • 20m

morning, afternoon, evening:
1 minute achilles stretch each leg
1 minute balance each leg
1 minute ankle circles each leg
1 minute manually circling ankles each leg

Sport #2
  • Walking
  • 18m

Crutch walking. Didn't manage a loop as my ankle started to tire after 10 minutes. Headed back home.
Think this was maybe half a mile?

Woke up and did my PT stuff: stretch, balance, ankle circles. I'll do these again in the afternoon and evening, and log with the cumulative time spent.
I'm still on the ibuprofen; if I miss a dose the knee becomes pretty unbearable. I'm able to walk fairly normally when I use my crutches to lift some of the weight. My PT said the best exercise for now is walking, so after work I'll see how long a loop around the apartment takes.

• Calories out: 1931 From lifestyle:1753, From activities:178

Atlantia's Training Log

September 2019 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30     

Time
Distance