Bike
  • 45m
  • -----
  • -----

45 minutes on trainer. Rain showers all day.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 15m

Stretching and rubber band work with arms.

Run
  • 36m 37s
  • 3.60 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

Short morning run at Lake Padden. Weather has been overcast and damp. Ride on Trainer or swim in the afternoon?

Swim
  • -----
  • 1900.00 yards
  • -----

200 wu
than 800 more. Lost track of laps.
400 started to loose interest and focus.
300 more of fiddlefarting around, sidestroke, swim on the bottom as far as I could go, some backstroke.

Run
  • 50m 40s
  • 5.00 miles
  • 10m 08s /Mi

Went to Lake Padden and ran for 50 minutes. Hamstring felt ok, only once did I feel the slight twingy thingy. Earache that is effecting my left side of head was no factor. Will try to swim in the PM.

Swim
  • 50m 14s
  • 2500.00 yards
  • 02m 01s /100 yards

5x200
2x500
5x100
First swim of the week since last Wednesday. Used a new swim cap that took some getting used too.
Leg felt ok so did earache

Kept Thinking during the run....It's all about the Pace.  Keeping everything in order and form.

Sport
  • Stretching
  • 30m

Plus using the Rubber band for some arm work.

Rest the Ham, have a slight earache.  So no swim.  And the wasp/hornet sting is still a bump and is warm to touch.

Bike
  • 2h 43m
  • 45.00 miles
  • 16.56 Mi/hr

Started out as a very good ride. Out to Skagit speedway and up Bowhill road to Chuckanut road. Had a slight right hamstring twinge going up steep Bowhill road?? Never had that feeling before. On Chuckanut road (very flat, nice sholder had some very good cadence pedaling for long miles in the aero. At around the 35 mile, right ham gave that funny feeling again. Not quite a pull or cramp, but a twinge. I think the over revving of pedaling got it out of whack. Had to go about 10 miles on chuckanut drive to get home. Some climbs. Everything held together. But now I've got concerns. Have thighs got overdeveloped and hammys gotten weak? Need to stretch more?
Also got hit by a Kamikaze Wasp/hornet on my left thigh above my knee. Knock it off, but it left it's stinger in. Stopped from 20mph to zip and picked stinger out. Area size of a quarter was on fire. Felt like somebody was placeing a match on my leg on every up stroke. What a morning...

And now that I'm home eating and on BT, have to go out soon and do yardwork and buy some plants with the wifeypoo.

Rest day, at work all day.
Bike
  • 4h 25m
  • 67.00 miles
  • 15.17 Mi/hr

Went out Chuckanut Drive to Cook road and then over to Samish Island (time slowed down, while sight seeing houses and seaview) Got rained on the return trip by Lake Samish.

BellinghamSpence's Training Log

May 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31   

Time
Distance