Bike
  • 1h 25m
  • 21.00 miles
  • 14.82 Mi/hr

Wanted to be a slow ride around Lake Samish. Which it was. Always getting little muscle strains here and there.
Last ride till Thurs or Friday, shakedown ride to make sure everything is tight and right.

Run
  • 41m 05s
  • 4.00 miles
  • 10m 16s /Mi

Early Sunday morning run on Blvd Park trail. Right calf was sore from yesterdays ride. Odd, no idea why the strain feeling. Was no factor in stopping the run. Inside part of calf.

I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Swim
  • 26m
  • 1200.00 yards
  • 02m 10s /100 yards

OWS in Lake Padden after work.

Bike
  • 1h 22m
  • 21.50 miles
  • 15.73 Mi/hr

I was 203.5 at 7am. But later ate at a Chinese Buffet.
After getting home from work at 6 PM, went for a ride around Lake Samish. Hard ride at first. Saw some guy about a quarter mile ahead of me so I took a couple detours and continued on. Didn't feel like any chit chat, plus I was trying to evaluate my hamstrings.

After coming back down Old Samish road, feeling pretty good (Have to keep the stupid hamstrings in check)saw somebody walking their bike. slowed and asked him any troubles. Flat. Still about 3.5 miles from any gas station. Had a pump, but had nothing else with him. It was a Trek 1200. New rider and his wife had bought him some stuff, . Still having trouble attaching bag by reflectors (what are those?)

I gave him some of the quick fix patches, let him use my tire tools and watched him slowly take tire and tube off. I remember when I was a newbie. Couldn't get tube to inflate to locate hole. Told him to open valve stem. "Oh?" attach patch, pumps tire back up. Gets the tube and tire back on after a few tries. Nice little chit chat about getting back into bike riding (Made me have some flashbacks to my own beginning rides-happy to do 5 miles on my Schwinn hybrid). Flips bike upside down, can't get tire to insert into hangers?. He's got it in the top gear big ring. I fiddle with it and the chains, than realize his brakes are still in the set position. "oh!" I get tire in and ride with him for two miles till he turned off and I went on. Legs felt pretty decent and cruised on home. Gave me thanks an I hope he learned something and will someday pass it on.

I hope I qualify for some Karma points.

Bike
  • 1h 10m
  • 18.00 miles
  • 15.43 Mi/hr

Afternoon ride around town. Easy on the up and down streets. Went to PT and find out my PT is a former Bike Mech and did some adjustments to my seat to see if that helped aleviate the tingle in the hamstrings.

Run
  • 44m
  • 4.00 miles
  • 11m /Mi

Morning Blvd Park Trail run. Eating crackers and cheese the nite before watching Underworld Two. Kate Beckinsdale is hot in leather.

Run
  • 54m 48s
  • 5.20 miles
  • 10m 32s /Mi

9 days left. First mile around lake padden, I was huffing and puffing. But pace felt fine, hamstring felt fine. Justthe early morning slow to warm up the body. Felt ok on second lap. Little areas need to be stetched.

Put on extra pounds yesterday, no nothing for exercise and ate a lot.

Swim
  • 33m
  • 1500.00 yards
  • 02m 12s /100 yards

Distance is a guess..Oooooh it was cold at first for the face, hands and feet. But got use to it after awhile and was quite nice. Need to try a bunch of body glide on my left hamstring. Felt like the leg was binding on the neophrene and was very distracting.

Had some decent rhythm going on strokes. Wish I had a couple more weeks of OWS.

Corrected the Swim mistake from 15yards to 1500.

Bike
  • 3h 00m
  • 45.00 miles
  • 15.00 Mi/hr

After PT, went for a ride out to the Pole Road turn around on Northwest AVE.
Easy pace, right ham comes and goes with the irritated feeling. Strange. Should be no factor 11 days from now. More concerned about if it gets hot and sunny. Not use to that weather.

Run
  • 22m
  • 2.00 miles
  • 11m /Mi

Sorta brick workout, run with the dog up the IU trail.

BellinghamSpence's Training Log

June 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 

Time
Distance