• 14.01 miles
  • 15.15 Mi/hr

Tour of Sufferlandria Day 8b: 14 Vise Grips

Bike #2
  • 49m 59s
  • 12.57 miles
  • 15.09 Mi/hr

Tour of Sufferlandria Day 9a: Power Station
Did not take cadence as low as directed. That seemed like a bad idea given my leg issues.

Run
  • 35m 15s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 43s /Mi

Return to run: 10/3 run/walk

Sport
  • Weights
  • 13m 03s

The 13:03 strength thing should have imported to Friday. I'll move it there when BT and/or FitnessSyncer are done troubleshooting.

Bike #1
  • 29m 58s
  • 7.70 miles
  • -----

Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 7b, Joyride

Bike #2
  • 1h 02m 14s
  • 16.27 miles
  • -----

Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 8a, Tool Shed

Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 7b, Joyride and Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 8a, Tool Shed in the books.  Partway through Tool Shed I had to back it off a bit.  This ToS is wearing me out! Two more days of Suffering...

Today I saw my ortho (same one that did my shoulder in 2014) and had my bike fit yesterday.

The ortho did and exam and took x-rays. Nothing notable on the x-rays. He said to continue with my PT but it's been long enough that an MRI is warranted, if only to better direct the PT treatments. So they are getting insurance approval for the MRI and that should happen next week.

The bike fit went well (on my road bike). He kept my saddle height the same but moved it back maybe a centimeter as my knee was in front of my pedals and not even with my pedals. He said that would put me in a more neutral position and allow recruitment of hams, quads, and glutes. My PT was concerned that I was maybe quad dominant.

Bike #1
  • 1h 04m 21s
  • 17.12 miles
  • 15.96 Mi/hr
Bike #2
  • 20m 58s
  • 5.18 miles
  • 14.82 Mi/hr
Run
  • 30m 30s
  • 3.00 miles
  • 10m 10s /Mi

This morning, I completed Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 6, Hell Hath No Fury and Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 7 (part 1),  Igniter.  I did not do yoga. I do not know where the yoga workout imported from or where my rides are hiding. I have notes in to both BT and FitnessSynder.  This is me trying to do Strava > FitnessSyncer > BT. Full disclosure, it may be that I did not have FitnessSyncer set up properly. I had an old Strava link hanging out and that may have conflicted with the new link that I created.

Winter Weather Advisory. 1-3 inches of snow expected -- starting as rain and switching over. If we get the white stuff, it will be our first snow in over a year. Area schools are closing 3 hours early and the local media is generally stirring up hysteria. To put things into perspective, the road temperatures are over 50F right now and will not be below freezing until late tonight -- 10pm or later. It supposed to be in the mid to upper 50s this weekend so whatever does happen won't hang around long.

PSA: The Garmin 945 watch is on sale now. Inside-Out has it for $319. Since Garmin control the sales, I image that other places have it for a similar price.

Swim
  • 58m 38s
  • 2400.00 yards
  • -----

300 w/u
10 x 50 as 25 drill/25 swim
3 x 500
100 c/d

Bike
  • 1h 03m 43s
  • 17.52 miles
  • -----

Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 5: Violator

Sport
  • Strength
  • 11m 08s

I swam this morning (it hasn't made it into BT just yet, and then it imported twice).  I plan to Suffer this evening.  Violator is on tap.

Regarding Grunter's Grand Fondo on Sunday, a three workout session that wraps up the Tour of Sufferlandria (we have a 50 hour window for completion), I think that I am going to do a bit of shuffling.  My current plan is to keep today the same, and then do the following:

• Thursday: Hell Hath No Fury (1:04) + Ignitor (0:22)
  • Friday: Joyride (0:30) + Tool Shed (1:02) << must check time before starting Tool Shed!!!
  • Saturday: 14 Vice Grips (0:57) + Power Station (0:50)
  • Sunday: Angels (0:56) + Thin Air (1:01)

It'll be tough but that seems like it could work.

Also, yoga is falling off the bus this week.

Bike
  • 1h 09m 48s
  • 18.76 miles
  • -----

Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 4: Team Scream

Run
  • 31m 04s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 10m 19s /Mi

Strength
  • 15m

√ Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 4: Team Scream - completed but not yet imported. (FitnessSyncer has been contacted, apparently when I added my Strava sync, that throttled the whole account so it may be a while before everything catches back up)

In other new all of the inspection stuff on the Fletcher condo went well. Nothing structural, no radon, etc. A few nitpicky type things like the glass in the sliding glass door is foggy and needs to be replaced (by someone), two very minor electrical things (minor as in, I could probably do it).  That kind of stuff. Kevin is getting very excited. I'm a little bit less so because the location is not super exciting to me.  I feel like I compromised a bit more than he did but I do think that I can ride/run from the condo and it has a place to walk Zoe so there is that.

Swim
  • 55m 59s
  • 2350.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300 your choice (pull)

MS1:
- 12x25 (20) drill choice
- 3x50s build speed on way down, easy on way back

MS2: 8x200, same swim time on shorter rest!
- 3 x 200 (30) at T-Pace minus 5 seconds
- 2 x 200 (25) at T-Pace minus 5 seconds
- 2 x 200 (20) at T-Pace minus 5 seconds
- 1 x 200 (15) at T-Pace minus 5 seconds

(final 2 200s as pull)

Bike
  • 43m 07s
  • 11.07 miles
  • -----

Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 3, G.O.A.T.

I had a hard time getting the cadence as low as they instructed!

Strength
  • 14m

√ On tap: Tour of Sufferlandria Stage 3, G.O.A.T.

I saw my PT again today. He feels that things are moving in the right direction. Lots of work on my right iliacus and the quad closer to my inner right knee. The weird bruise is mostly gone. I'm still seeing the ortho this week just to touch base and make sure that there is nothing more significant going on. It's concerning the bruise was right on the joint line.  I also have a bike fit schedule this week. I don't *think* that the bike fit is the culprit but my run was fine until 4-6 weeks after adding the bike so maybe?  Anyway, just trying to make sure that (1) this gets resolved and (2) this does not become a chronic situation.

Bike #1
  • 59m 51s
  • 15.65 miles
  • -----

Tour of Sufferlandria
Day 2: The Bat

Bike #2
  • 55m 52s
  • 13.42 miles
  • -----

Tour of Sufferlandria
Day 2: Fight Club

Run
  • 14m 39s
  • 1.51 miles
  • 09m 42s /Mi

I did a 1.5 mile test run (without Zoe) on Sunday. The run itself was pain and discomfort free. Afterwards, there was a slight niggle above my right inner knee and a slight pinching near my right hip bone. Later on, the area around the knee bruise, which had pretty much gone away, seemed to feel a bit tender again. Overall, the situation may be a bit of a mixed bag.

Strength
  • 23m
Sport
  • Yoga
  • 14m 52s

jmkizer's Training Log

February 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29