Bike
  • 2h 04m 56s
  • 33.81 miles
  • 16.24 Mi/hr

Bike
  • 4h 14m 19s
  • 67.64 miles
  • 16.00 Mi/hr

I felt pretty yucky today and almost didn't ride. My arm and armpit was sore and I felt headachy and a bit nauseous. I'm blaming the shot on Thursday.  I felt better by mid afternoon.

Rest day.

My shot arm hurts and I have the bruised feeling in my armpit again when I put on deodorant this morning so maybe not a placebo?  I guess I'll find out in six months or so.

Bike
  • 1h 45m 06s
  • 37.12 miles
  • -----

Warm up
4 x 20' (5') as 5' @ Zone 3 (80% - 85% FTP) + 15' @ Zone 4 (95% - 100% FTP)

Zwift - Makuri Island, Suki's Playground. Another route badge :-)

Pfizer booster shot study appt #1 today.  Paperwork, blood draw, nasal swab, a shot of something... (It's double blind so who knows?  I am feeling nothing so far.  Placebo?)

Bike #1
  • 1h 04m 03s
  • 22.75 miles
  • -----
Bike #2
  • 22m 03s
  • 7.09 miles
  • -----

Recovery day.  EZ group ride and then I knocked out another Makuri route badge.  The group ride was early so I had time for the badge hunt.

Streaming the Olympics TT races in one window and doing work emails, etc. in another...

In other news, ST is at it again. Let's all pile on Simone Biles.  Me being me, I asked: How many grand tour riders leave the Giro or TdF early for personal reasons. There's nothing for me here? Did Mathieu van der Poel let his TdF team down by leaving the tour early? What about Caleb Ewen leaving the Giro early just because? How many GC contenders have left grand tours early when it was obvious that they wouldn't podium?

How may professional triathletes have pulled the plug mid race when it "just wasn't their day?"

Do you feel that any of these professional athletes should finish or they should do what is necessary to take care of themselves and race another day? 

Obviously, I have no idea what is going on but I do know that Simone is the one who knows what's going on better than anyone else. I'm also sure that she knows that she has to live with this decision.  That's good enough for me.  Toughness comes in many forms.

Bike
  • 1h 31m 49s
  • 30.21 miles
  • -----

VO2-VLA Intervals
Warm up
3 x 4' (4') @ Zone 5
20' @ Zone 2
15' @ Zone 3 low cadence
5' Zone 2
7 x 30" (2.5) best effort

Zwift - Greatest London Flat

Run
  • 30m 07s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 09m 40s /Mi

Dropped off the gravel bike for a pre-BWR (wafer) looksie.  I've just never had a bike that gets so dirty and I want to make sure that I am taking care of it properly.  Also, need pro tips on changing the rear wheel with disc brakes and a clutch.  It's not supposed to be a wrestling match!

It turns out that I am taking care of it properly, however, the bearings in the bottom bracket are "quite rough" for a bike that is still pretty new.  My bike guy is addressing it. Feels it could be a warranty issue?  Anyway, I gave him to go ahead to make things right.

jmkizer's Training Log

August 2021 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • Belgian Waffle Ride Asheville (Wafer) (Cycle)
    8/21/2021 Hendersonville, North Carolina
  • August's totals
  • July's totals
  • 2021 totals
  • 2020 totals