• 15m

The Sufferfest - Yoga - Hip Openers II

Bike
  • 45m 44s
  • 14.04 miles
  • -----

Zwift - PACK 1.5 Beginners Ride - Breakfast with Tony
Watopia Flat

Recovery ride, needed for sanity before today's work trip.

Bike
  • 1h 05m 10s
  • 19.34 miles
  • -----

Another structured bike workout. This was meant to be done tomorrow but I have a work trip that will limit my morning workout time.

Warm up
6 x 6 min @ 97% FTP with 90 seconds for recovery between sets
Cool down

Sport
  • Strength
  • 09m 35s

Imported from 4416120744

I have a work trip to the eastern part of the state tomorrow. The state van rolls at 6:45 so I need to be at the office by 6:30 or so.  I decided to move my Thursday bike today and do a recovery ride tomorrow. For those who are following along, I am doing training in Plymouth, NC both tomorrow and Friday. We are staying in Edenton due to better hotel and dinner options.

In other news. I saw my PT again this morning.  He's generally happy with my progress and has released me to begin a return to run plan. I am to work on my right glute max, specifically on right glute max transition to left strengthening (more monster walk and bear crawl than bridges). I am to continue with PT exercises. He gave the green light to yoga hip openers routines as long as I am not too aggressive into poses.  I have a note in to Coach Patrick about all this.

Finally, FitnessSyncer has been good about importing my Zwifting but not so good about importing all the other things.  Yesterday's run never came in and neither did the strength. One step forward, two steps back. I've already been in touch with my new pen pal Eric this morning.

Bike
  • 1h 13m 16s
  • 20.01 miles
  • -----

Ah! Back to structured training. It was kind of nice that my "off" week was over the holidays.

Warm up
2 x 18 min @ FTP with 5 minutes recovery between sets
Steady state stuff at 82% FTP
Cool down

The first 18 minute set went well. The second one, less so!

Run
  • 13m 45s
  • 1.30 miles
  • 10m 35s /Mi

Test run...

Sport
  • Strength
  • 14m 03s

Imported from 4412498549

I feel like I am emailing Eric at FitnessSyncer daily. I wonder if he's sorry that he ever heard of BT?

Bike #1
  • 06m 31s
  • 2.01 miles
  • -----
Bike #2
  • 32m 15s
  • 12.09 miles
  • 22.49 Mi/hr

Warm up and then The Bump Sprint Race (D), all on Zwift

Sport #1
  • Strength
  • 11m
Sport #2
  • Strength
  • 11m 24s

Imported from 4408876027

Updates from the Peanut Gallery

I've checked in with 2019 Manatees and here is their status:

• Anne - on digital detox for January (no Strava, BT or whatever_. Will check back with her in February. We may need her gravel experience!
  • Mary Stone - she said that she's sitting out this year
  • Karl, Kirsten. TJ, and Stacey - I DM'd them but I have not heard back. Kirsten and TJ are in, Karl and Stacey are still at large.

Bike #1
  • 11m 27s
  • 3.96 miles
  • -----

Zwift - Watopia Volcano Circuit (pre ride, I just looped the volcano until it was time for the group ride to start)

Bike #2
  • 2h 14m 12s
  • 47.07 miles
  • -----

Zwift - DIRT XLR Xtra Long Ride
Watopia's Waistbelt. This was a two hour ride. I added bonus time. I was supposed to go for 2.5 hours total today with spin ups every 10-12 minutes. I decided 51 miles was good for today. I was hungry and ready to stop.

Run
  • 15m 37s
  • 1.30 miles
  • 12m 01s /Mi

Run test with Zoe. Improvement noted. Not quite there yet.

Sport #1
  • Strength
  • 16m 30s

Imported from 4405317957

Sport #2
  • Yoga
  • 15m

The Sufferfest - Hip Openers I

My rides came over automagically! Yeah!

I've had it set up as Garmin > FitnessSyncer > BT.  I just turned off Garmin as a Source and added Strava to see how that works.

UPDATE: My yoga workout came into BT as a swim (but shows in FitnessSyncer correctly). I've alerted both FitnessSyncer and BT about the issue.

Also, I *think* might be the best of the best for me is to have FitnessSyncer get all the stuff from Garmin excep "virtual ride" workouts and have it get those from Strava (Garmin strips a lot of the data).  Then again, part of me says why bother. It's not like we use BT for data analytics.

UPDATE2: FitnessSyncer said theu made a change to correct the yoga=swim issue. They will push the change early in the week.

Bike
  • 2h 00m 22s
  • 41.04 miles
  • -----

Zwift - UKZwifters 2 Hour Sportive
Watopia Sand and Sequoias

Sport
  • Hiking
  • 58m

Hike with Kevin and Zoe

I did not get some the promised yoga (or my PT stiuff) done today because we ended up going to a movie.  We saw Knives Out which was good in an Agatha Christie whodunit kind of way. There was a lot of setup in the first 30 minutes or so but then things really got moving. It had quite a cast too -- Daniel Craig, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christopher Plummer, Don Johnson, and Frank Oz.

jmkizer's Training Log

January 2020 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 

Time
Distance
  • Assault on the Carolinas (Cycle)
    4/10/2021 Brevard, North Carolina