Bike
  • 3h 01m 37s
  • 28.28 miles
  • 9.34 Mi/hr

Bent Creek gravel

view from wash creek road near the brp

south ridge in bent creek

The car was finished a little after 3:00 yesteray and we picked it up. While we were driving to get the car, the bike shop called with good news.  I drove straight home and Kevin picked up my wheel with new tire.  I packed and we beat it out of town.  I'm working from home from WNC today.

Kevin has been back in the office since March 28. They have an open office plan at Metlife -- you know, the half cube things. They have not mask requirements or even "masks encouraged" and not vaccination requirements. They have to take an elevator to get to their floor. Someone on his floor got covid. No one was officially informed. His manager found out from a friend. Kevin had a face-to-face meeting with the infected individual. The office had a mandatory all-hands meeting yesterday. Their HR is like certain groups can work from home. So what exactly does that mean when the entire floor was potentially exposed? Maybe everyone who was at the all-hands meeting?  Kevin's manager is pretty upset.

UPDATE: Obtained rapid tests at lunch. We have some at home but none with us in WNC.  Kevin tested "clean."  Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Run
  • 30m 28s
  • 3.12 miles
  • 09m 46s /Mi

Supposedly the car will be ready today. They painted it yesterday so that seems likely.

It sounds like my bike tire will arrive today.  That is good because I'd like to ride my gravel bike this weekend.

Fingers crossed!

Bike
  • 1h 31m 57s
  • 25.26 miles
  • 16.48 Mi/hr

Apex BBQ - Friendship loop

Sport
  • Strength
  • 45m 12s

Coach Parry session:
Curtsy squat, plank push ups, lying toe touch crunch, one legged wall sits with leg extension from knee, glute bridge lateral heel taps, dead bug, toe crunch with towel

Schedule Jenga in progress.  Kevin planned to check the mail this weekend.  The friend that was meeting him there has a medical issue so can't go.  I am his second choice. But I don't want to go if my gravel bike is not available.  Yes, I'm still waiting for that darn tire.  I think it should arrive in time.  Oh, and my car is in the shop so that needs to be dealt with. Then again, no car means I should probably go with him? Anyway, tomorrow's strength may be happening at lunch today.  I should still be able to get my ride in tonight.  Need to figure out my route with a road closure... 

Bike #1
  • 1h 00m 03s
  • 20.55 miles
  • -----

Warm up and build to Z3
4x 4min at 85-95%. Maintain a comfortable cadence (85-95 rpm). 2 min Rest between sets.
Some Z2 stuff and then a cool down.

Zwift - Neokyo All Nighter

Bike #2
  • 15m 56s
  • 6.05 miles
  • -----

Extended cool down in the form of a group ride.

Zwift - Group Ride: Team Valhalla Wake-up North America Ride (D) on R.G.V. in France

Run
  • 29m 30s
  • 3.10 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

Fun run. Cooler out so HR was low enough. ;-)

Sport
  • Yoga
  • 20m 30s

Bike
  • 1h 00m 54s
  • 21.75 miles
  • -----

Recovery ride

Zwift - Group Ride: TeamZF Monday Motivation 🚴‍♂️💪🏻 (D) on Triple Flat Loops in Watopia

Sport
  • Strength
  • 47m 23s

Coach Parry workout:
Narrow squat with hip flextion (mini band around toes), glute bridge march, lunge walk, seated row, single leg calf raise, side bridge rotation, squatting clam with resistance band

Dropped my car off to get the door fixed from when someone hit the opened door in a parking lot.  I'm just glad my feet were still inside the car.  The car should be ready on Thursday.

Dreary, cold, rain.  All day.  Pushing my run to tomorrow.

Bike
  • 2h 03m 14s
  • 34.02 miles
  • 16.56 Mi/hr

Doug's Sunday Morning Ride - outside, in real life, with real people

Happy Easter!

jmkizer's Training Log

April 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16