Bike
  • 2h 40m 29s
  • 22.26 miles
  • 8.32 Mi/hr

I parked at DuPont's Guion Farm Access Area on Sky Valley Road and rode Buck Forest across the park the Staton Road and then did an out and back to Merry Falls on Cascade Lake. On the return trip, I had a hard time navigating the DuPont Visitor's Center. It was packed! There are other lots, people!

I did a short tour of DuPont with the remaining time. I did a loop on Thomas Cemetery. It was very rooty and I was not in the mood. A bit tired for yesterday. I'll tackle it again sometime when I want to work on skills. Then I went to Bridal Veil Falls and returned the car

Merry Falls on Cascade Lake Road

Merry Falls on Cascade Lake Road (above)

Cascade Lake Road

Cascade Lake Road (above)

Bridal Veil Falls

Bridal Veil Falls (above)

While I was goofing off on my bike, Kevin and Zoe were at an obedience trial. Zoe finished her Rally Advanced title.  She did not care for the WNC Fairgrounds though. It was a six ring circus and that was way too much for her.  The other rally obedience dogs must have concurred, she took home two blue ribbons.

Bike
  • 4h 55m 02s
  • 55.85 miles
  • 11.36 Mi/hr

I told Kevin that this gravel ride would be an adventure and it was. I had a flat tire about 25 miles into the route. I managed to fix it. Then I went up Rich Mountain and that was fine but I missed a turn coming down and had to go back up. It turns out that I had gone up the "correct" side the first time and this was a b*tch. There's been so much rain here that the gravel segments were slow. This was meant to be a five hour tour and this seems close enough ;-)

View from Green River Road

Rest day today. Travel this evening.

Our original plan was to check the mail last night and then I wanted to do my long ride today, unfortunately, the forecast changed to 1.5 inches of rain in WNC today so...  Anyway, I decided to hold on to my vacation day and we are going up tonight.  I'll get my long ride in tomorrow or Saturday.  My route is mostly rural so it should be OK, just the Crab Creek section is of concern. It'll be fine.

Zoe has obedience trials Friday and Saturday. Kevin was super excited that it's just four miles from the condo.

Bike
  • 1h 39m
  • 20.58 miles
  • 12.47 Mi/hr

Umstead gravel ride. More trees.

All that's there are trees

√ Umstead ride tonight

Bike #1
  • 1h 02m 54s
  • 21.36 miles
  • 20.38 Mi/hr

Lactate Intervals on Wandering Flats in Makuri Islands

15 min Build at 50-75%
7x 2min at >95% Maintain cadence (95-100 rpm), recover 3 min Rest at less than 65%

Bike #2
  • 20m 47s
  • 7.54 miles
  • 21.77 Mi/hr

Team Valhalla Wake-up North America Ride as extended cool down

Run
  • 33m 25s
  • 3.01 miles
  • 11m 06s /Mi
Sport
  • Strength
  • 20m 40s

Two rounds of 12 each:
TRX chest fly
TRX reverse fly
TRX tricep extension
TRX lat pulldown
TRX push up
Ab wheel rollout

Bike
  • 1h 01m 37s
  • 21.02 miles
  • 20.47 Mi/hr

Zwift - Group Ride: TeamZF Monday Motivation 🚴‍♂️💪🏻 (D) on The Magnificent 8 in Watopia

Recovery ride

Sport
  • Strength
  • 48m 49s

Coach Parry session: single leg squat, renegade push up, hip raise with ball squeeze, crunch,
single leg calf raise. side plank with leg lift and hip flexion. Then ab wheel rollouts.

I was going to run at lunch but I managed to forget socks.

Bike
  • 2h 02m 05s
  • 26.19 miles
  • 12.87 Mi/hr

Umstead gravel ride with hill repeats

jmkizer's Training Log

May 2022 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28