Saint Charles,IL 

Last day of meetings in Rochester.  My brain is full.

Wrapping up around noon, then I'm hitting the road to drive back to Chicago.

Going to be a long day.  :)

Made it, in a bit over 10 hours including 2 stops for gas, and a couple rest stops.  Not too bad.  Cruise control for the win!  :)

Phew!  I'm still here.  Doing some training at Corporate HQ ( Rochester, NY ).

Jam-packed would be an understatement.  Oi!

Leadership Development Program, which is very cool, so in addition to all of the training, which has been great, it's an extremely beneficial networking opportunity.  Mixing it up with the Sr. Management of the company.  My brain is nearly on overload though, so it's good that it's wrapping up tomorrow.  :)
Run
  • 48m 07s
  • 6.00 miles
  • 08m 01s /Mi

Snuck in a run along the canal after meetings and before dinner meetings. Busy!

Bike
  • 1h 54m 59s
  • 32.74 miles
  • 17.08 Mi/hr

15' zone1
40' zone2
45' zone3
15' zone1

Realized afterwards, that I was climbing for the first half of the ride, hence the slower speeds. Heh. I stopped and checked my brakes to make sure nothing was rubbing.

Had a last minute meeting schedule early, so had to cut this a little shorter than planned to make sure I made the meeting. Ah well. Got in a good 2 hour ride at least. :)

Swim
  • 30m
  • 1900.00 meters
  • 01m 35s /100 meters

Swam 1 loop of the LP course. A nice beautiful Adirondak morning. :)

Checking out now, and heading to Rochester.

Heading out for one last OWS here in Lake Placid.  Then it's off to Rochester for the rest of the week for work. 

Run
  • 2h 48m 21s
  • 20.10 miles
  • 08m 23s /Mi

20 miles on the LP run course. Starting from Art Devlin's in town and hitting all the hills. Left of the 3 mile flat section along the lake.

Forgot HRM, which maybe wasn't so bad, just ran by RPE and kept it pretty steady. Ran all of the hills, with no walking, including the last one at mile 20 of the run ( mile 23 of the actual course ). Yeah!

Legs were tired, but the mind won out, and that feels great! Big confidence boost to have done it on blasted legs, so doing it on race day *is* going to happen.

This wraps up the training camp, and wow, was it worth it. Big block of training, and got it done on the actual course. Huge mental edge on race day, having already suffered on the course, and knowing what's coming around each bend. :)

Swim
  • 53m
  • 3800.00 meters
  • 01m 23s /100 meters

Hrm. Out of the whole group, I came in 5th for the two loops. Kayak went out about .6 miles, and we all went out and back.

Wetsuit helped, calm water, and the cable, so I just got into a groove and went with it.

Felt really awesome in the water. Really really awesome. So that's all going well.

Heading to Chair 6 for breakfast ( sweet potato pancakes! ) and then we are riding a loop of the course, and then I'm running a 4 mile transition run. Fun stuff!

Bike
  • 2h 32m 13s
  • 42.14 miles
  • 16.61 Mi/hr

One loop, minus the out and back.

Hit 53.1 mph on the Keene descent today. Was chasing Alex ( one of the coaches here ). Didn't catch him, but he didn't pull away until the turn onto 9N to Jay. Marvarnett blew past me shortly after that too. Fast dudes!

Took this a looot easier today, and rode it a lot smarter than yesterday. Knowing the course really helps. Almost the same average pace, at about 10 bpm less. Haven't looked at power yet, but that looks lower too. Really focused on getting all the 'free' speed from the course that I could ( and from staying aero, and climbing smarter ).

Came off the bike for the brick/t-run feeling great. And that's what it's all about. Not racing to T2 and then blowing up on the run. Rather give up 10 min on the bike and gain back 30 on the run than the other way around. :) Just gotta remember to do that on race day. Heh.

Run
  • 30m 01s
  • 3.87 miles
  • 07m 46s /Mi

I'm definitely carrying some fatigue. :) HR stayed in zone2, but RPE felt zone3. Couldn't push much faster as I had a full gut of water and redbull. Didn't want to make it hurt today, but pushed a good pace. Long run tomorrow, so need to save some legs for that.

Hot out there, but I did a good job staying hydrated. Didn't have any trouble on that front. Going to need to really stay on top of it tomorrow though, if it's close at all to being as warm.

Time for ice bath, gu brew, and then I got some chips and guac with my name on them.

Nice thing about all this training, is I can eat a lot. Doing good there too, as I'm definitely keeping the glycogen levels up there. :)

coredump's Training Log

June 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30   

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals