Saint Charles,IL 
We are in Buffalo, NY now.

Headed out from Chicago early this morning, and made pretty good time.  Traffic through Chicago was not too bad.  :)

Will make the rest of the trip to Lake Placid tomorrow.  Wooohooo!

Bike
  • 1h 28m 13s
  • 25.28 miles
  • 17.19 Mi/hr

Just an easy easy zone1/2 ride.

Wow, looks like HR is coming back to "normal". Shedding fatigue and I think the antibiotics are kicking the infection which probably contributed a bit to the elevated HRs.

Felt super comfortable on the bike. Yay. :)

Last ride in Ilinois. Packed up the bike/car for the trip to Lake Placid tomorrow morning! WOOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnoeYt2jpXA

I will watch this next Sunday morning.  Then I will go out to start my day.  :)

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2400.00 meters
  • 01m 53s /100 meters

4x100 (Free/IM)
2x150 (50s one arm, 2r/2l, c/up)
6x100 on 1:50 (finish <1:25)
5x200 on 3:30 (finish 3:00)
200 Stroke

Wheeeeee!!!!! :)

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 30m

Last massage here before Lake Placid. Nothing too deep today, just worked out all the kinks, and then did about 20 min of stretching at the end.

I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to race! :)

Swim, massage, haircut.  That's the plan for the day.

Start packing/organizing stuff for Lake Placid.

Perhaps go see Inception later this afternoon ( if I can twist Whizzzzzz's arm :D ).

Prepping the race wheels.  Did a bit of touch up glue on the rear tubie 'cause I'm anal retentive paranoid about my race gear.  That's a good way to be I suppose.

Saw the start of the TDF stage this AM, but haven't seen the end of it yet.  Had to go swim just as it was getting good.  ARGH!  :)

Bike
  • 1h 31m
  • 28.73 miles
  • 18.94 Mi/hr

15' zone1
15' zone2
60' zone2/low zone3 (aka IM effort)

Felt gooooooooood today. Really coming to a nice peak on the bike, just in time for next weekend. :)

Run
  • 31m
  • 3.79 miles
  • 08m 11s /Mi

Transition run!

3 miles @ zone2/3 effort.
cooldown

Foot was fine. A little sore still, but way better than it was earlier in the week. Taper madness is subsiding. :) Phew!

Hot out there, but did this in the heat to make sure I keep acclimated to heat in case it's a scorcher at LP.

Might go for a little swim this afternoon too, as my ear infection is coming around and I'm okay to swim now per the Dr. Won't go too hard, just want to get back in and keep the feel for the water. :)

Swim
  • 22m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • 01m 41s /100 meters

200 Free
100 Breast
100 Back
2x150 (50's one arm, 2r/2l, c/up)
4x100 on 1:45 (finished 1:20)
200 Stroke

Had the opportunity to squeeze in a short swim. Glad I did. Felt good to get in and stretch out, do some drills, and then see if I still had a good feel for stroke mechanics. I do. Could have probably done a few more 100s at that pace, but I was out of time, and this wasn't supposed to be a crazy swim. :)

Bike
  • 1h 06m 24s
  • 20.13 miles
  • 18.19 Mi/hr

Bike LT test today.

Bad news....if you're in M35-39 and racing Lake Placid next weekend. ;)

Got watts?

Recovery day today, since a run was on the sched, and my foot is being wonky.  And I can't swim yet due to the ear infection.  Blargh!  :)

SNAFU.  Heh.

Bike
  • 2h 09m 30s
  • 37.85 miles
  • 17.54 Mi/hr

Strange ride. HOT. Not sure what happened here.

15' zone1
15' zone2
3x(30' zone3, 5' zone2)

Just could not find my groove on this ride.

Was supposed to brick run after this, but I seem to have done something to my right foot? The right arch is painful! WTF?! Taper madness? It was bothering me a bit during the day walking around, but was okay on the bike, but did NOT like running. So... bah.

Taper is being strange.  I feel like crud in my workouts, but speeds are generally okay.  It's also been quite a bit hotter lately, so that could be a factor.  HR is not jiving AT ALL with RPE or pace/power.

I also have a nasty ear infection in my left ear.  Started hurting monday night, decided not to swim on Tuesday, as I woke up and it was even more painful.  Went to Dr, and confirmed it.  Have ear drops now and antibiotic to take.  No swimming until Friday ( well, Dr said longer, but I'm saying Friday ).

WTF.  I'm falling apart during taper.  :)  I should be getting stronger!  I'm chalking it up to taper madness this week, and ignoring it.  :)

coredump's Training Log

July 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals