Saint Charles,IL 
Swim
  • 44m 48s
  • 2812.00 meters
  • 01m 35s /100 meters

Swam a loop and a half or so on the LP course.

Met up with a bunch of other BTers at around 7. PennState, papson14, Tasr, and some others? whose names I didn't remember ( screennames I'm okay, real names, I suck at ).

Good swim. Swam in the full suit. Water is not cold like it was back in June, but it's not roasting like some of the predictions made it out to be. I think I should be good in the full suit for the race.

It was actually chilly out of the water. If it's like this on race day, I would love it!

Bike #1
  • 08m 01s
  • 2.48 miles
  • 18.56 Mi/hr

Ooops. This is the first part of my bike, but my Garmin was still in Other mode, instead of bike mode. So I had to switch it over.

Bike #2
  • 59m 01s
  • 17.44 miles
  • 17.73 Mi/hr

More of the actual bike, once I flipped it over from Other mode. Doh!

Went out 73 a bit, did the first climb up, then back down, hung a right on River Road ( the run course out and back ) and took that over to 86. Down 86 into the gorge, then turned around to do the climb back up into town again. I'm going to know that climb like the back of my hand. :)

Run
  • 29m 05s
  • 3.74 miles
  • 07m 47s /Mi

Transition run after the bike.

Ran from Art Devlin's up to the lake and most of the way around and then back. A few pickups in there. Wham, legs feel GOOD. :)

Stopped for a quick chat with LazyMarathoner and Whizzzzz who were taking a break from their own run. They were *ahem* rehydrating at the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery when I saw them. So busted. :P

After swimming, stopped at Ashley's Cafe (next to the Downtown Diner).  Great coffee, and an awesome spinach,feta,tomato,mushroom omlette.  Yum.  I definitely recommend it.

Showering up now to de-lakeify, then up to registration to check in!

After that, I've got a bike ride, and then a brick run.

We're having dinner tonight with Kristen (LazyMarathoner).  That should be fun!  It won't be the same though without Bawb Stawks and a big black boot.  Heh.

Bike
  • 53m 29s
  • 16.11 miles
  • 18.07 Mi/hr

Had to wait for a gap between t-storms. Rode out the end of the loop for the cherries and the bears. It rained on my return back up the gorge. Yay. :)

Good ride. Feeling very good. I suppose it helps to ride them fresh, but they didn't feel too bad, and I managed a really decent speed without working too hard.

A couple pickups in there, on a few of the climbs.

Good ride! Back to Art Devlin's and then Mr. Mike's for dinner. Yum!

Heading out of Buffalo and onward to Lake Placid!

We are in Buffalo, NY now.

Headed out from Chicago early this morning, and made pretty good time.  Traffic through Chicago was not too bad.  :)

Will make the rest of the trip to Lake Placid tomorrow.  Wooohooo!

Bike
  • 1h 28m 13s
  • 25.28 miles
  • 17.19 Mi/hr

Just an easy easy zone1/2 ride.

Wow, looks like HR is coming back to "normal". Shedding fatigue and I think the antibiotics are kicking the infection which probably contributed a bit to the elevated HRs.

Felt super comfortable on the bike. Yay. :)

Last ride in Ilinois. Packed up the bike/car for the trip to Lake Placid tomorrow morning! WOOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnoeYt2jpXA

I will watch this next Sunday morning.  Then I will go out to start my day.  :)

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2400.00 meters
  • 01m 53s /100 meters

4x100 (Free/IM)
2x150 (50s one arm, 2r/2l, c/up)
6x100 on 1:50 (finish <1:25)
5x200 on 3:30 (finish 3:00)
200 Stroke

Wheeeeee!!!!! :)

Sport
  • Massage
  • 1h 30m

Last massage here before Lake Placid. Nothing too deep today, just worked out all the kinks, and then did about 20 min of stretching at the end.

I'm starting to feel like I'm ready to race! :)

Swim, massage, haircut.  That's the plan for the day.

Start packing/organizing stuff for Lake Placid.

Perhaps go see Inception later this afternoon ( if I can twist Whizzzzzz's arm :D ).

Prepping the race wheels.  Did a bit of touch up glue on the rear tubie 'cause I'm anal retentive paranoid about my race gear.  That's a good way to be I suppose.

Saw the start of the TDF stage this AM, but haven't seen the end of it yet.  Had to go swim just as it was getting good.  ARGH!  :)

Bike
  • 1h 31m
  • 28.73 miles
  • 18.94 Mi/hr

15' zone1
15' zone2
60' zone2/low zone3 (aka IM effort)

Felt gooooooooood today. Really coming to a nice peak on the bike, just in time for next weekend. :)

Run
  • 31m
  • 3.79 miles
  • 08m 11s /Mi

Transition run!

3 miles @ zone2/3 effort.
cooldown

Foot was fine. A little sore still, but way better than it was earlier in the week. Taper madness is subsiding. :) Phew!

Hot out there, but did this in the heat to make sure I keep acclimated to heat in case it's a scorcher at LP.

Might go for a little swim this afternoon too, as my ear infection is coming around and I'm okay to swim now per the Dr. Won't go too hard, just want to get back in and keep the feel for the water. :)

Swim
  • 22m
  • 1300.00 meters
  • 01m 41s /100 meters

200 Free
100 Breast
100 Back
2x150 (50's one arm, 2r/2l, c/up)
4x100 on 1:45 (finished 1:20)
200 Stroke

Had the opportunity to squeeze in a short swim. Glad I did. Felt good to get in and stretch out, do some drills, and then see if I still had a good feel for stroke mechanics. I do. Could have probably done a few more 100s at that pace, but I was out of time, and this wasn't supposed to be a crazy swim. :)

Bike
  • 1h 06m 24s
  • 20.13 miles
  • 18.19 Mi/hr

Bike LT test today.

Bad news....if you're in M35-39 and racing Lake Placid next weekend. ;)

Got watts?

coredump's Training Log

July 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • April's totals