Saint Charles,IL 
Swim
  • 1h 03m 05s
  • 3862.00 meters
  • 01m 38s /100 meters

Swim!

Less crazy than expected, even with 2600 starters. Just stayed wide on the first half of the loop, then moved in a bit. Plenty of water around me, and still lots of feet.

Far less violent than the Wisconsin swim. Perhaps it's water visibility that helps people not run into each other?

Bike
  • 5h 54m 03s
  • 109.26 miles
  • 18.52 Mi/hr

A little wet on the first loop, which made the Keene descent a bit sketchy. Think I paced this pretty well for where my bike fitness is. Could have gone harder sure, but that probably would have negatively impacted the run. :)

It was pretty windy on the climb back up the gorge to town.

Run
  • 4h 08m 32s
  • 26.12 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

The run. This was hard. But I won mentally, even though I didn't hit my goal of breaking 4 hours.

Pushed hard, and it's still a run PR for me.

Fueled this a lot better too.

Thank you so much to everyone who has encouraged, supported, and inspired me, both in person, and here through BT.  It means a lot knowing that people are watching and cheering.  So... THANK YOU, you all rock!  Every single one, even Schmize.  :P

Now, it's time to light this candle...

Swim
  • 19m 09s
  • 1224.00 meters
  • 01m 34s /100 meters

Another nice OWS on the course.

Practiced swimming wide of the cable and sighting on the horizon, since it's likely to be a bit crowded on the cable line tomorrow. :)

Swim was good. Stroke is feeling solid, and got it ingrained in my brain. Woot!

Bike #1
  • 10m 47s
  • 3.51 miles
  • 19.53 Mi/hr

Dangit. Started the bike ride in "other" mode again.

Bike #2
  • 21m 27s
  • 6.33 miles
  • 17.71 Mi/hr

The bike ride once I realized it and flipped from "other" to "bike". Doh! :)

Rode out to River Road, out a bit and then back up 73 into town. Rode the steep descent out of the transition area. It is pretty steep! Need to be careful there tomorrow. Could be ugly if not careful.

HR a bit high, due to nerves I think. :) Felt great, and the bike is tip top. A few gusts to remind me that the 808s catch a bit of wind. Heh.

Run
  • 28m 41s
  • 3.37 miles
  • 08m 31s /Mi

Easy easy run around Mirror Lake while the rest of the BT crew swam. Saw our friends Jay, Andy, and Jeff ( of "The Show" fame ).

The swim area was busy busy busy this morning. Everyone is getting hyped up.

Heading to Chair 6 for breakfast with LazyMarathoner and Marvarnett. Sweet Potato pancakes ahoy!

Then prepping all my stuff and the bike. A little nap. Some lunch. Then the Athlete's Dinner tonight.

Yikes! It's almost race day, but I'm feeling ready. Really really ready. It's a good feeling. :)

Swim
  • 44m 48s
  • 2812.00 meters
  • 01m 35s /100 meters

Swam a loop and a half or so on the LP course.

Met up with a bunch of other BTers at around 7. PennState, papson14, Tasr, and some others? whose names I didn't remember ( screennames I'm okay, real names, I suck at ).

Good swim. Swam in the full suit. Water is not cold like it was back in June, but it's not roasting like some of the predictions made it out to be. I think I should be good in the full suit for the race.

It was actually chilly out of the water. If it's like this on race day, I would love it!

Bike #1
  • 08m 01s
  • 2.48 miles
  • 18.56 Mi/hr

Ooops. This is the first part of my bike, but my Garmin was still in Other mode, instead of bike mode. So I had to switch it over.

Bike #2
  • 59m 01s
  • 17.44 miles
  • 17.73 Mi/hr

More of the actual bike, once I flipped it over from Other mode. Doh!

Went out 73 a bit, did the first climb up, then back down, hung a right on River Road ( the run course out and back ) and took that over to 86. Down 86 into the gorge, then turned around to do the climb back up into town again. I'm going to know that climb like the back of my hand. :)

Run
  • 29m 05s
  • 3.74 miles
  • 07m 47s /Mi

Transition run after the bike.

Ran from Art Devlin's up to the lake and most of the way around and then back. A few pickups in there. Wham, legs feel GOOD. :)

Stopped for a quick chat with LazyMarathoner and Whizzzzz who were taking a break from their own run. They were *ahem* rehydrating at the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery when I saw them. So busted. :P

After swimming, stopped at Ashley's Cafe (next to the Downtown Diner).  Great coffee, and an awesome spinach,feta,tomato,mushroom omlette.  Yum.  I definitely recommend it.

Showering up now to de-lakeify, then up to registration to check in!

After that, I've got a bike ride, and then a brick run.

We're having dinner tonight with Kristen (LazyMarathoner).  That should be fun!  It won't be the same though without Bawb Stawks and a big black boot.  Heh.

Bike
  • 53m 29s
  • 16.11 miles
  • 18.07 Mi/hr

Had to wait for a gap between t-storms. Rode out the end of the loop for the cherries and the bears. It rained on my return back up the gorge. Yay. :)

Good ride. Feeling very good. I suppose it helps to ride them fresh, but they didn't feel too bad, and I managed a really decent speed without working too hard.

A couple pickups in there, on a few of the climbs.

Good ride! Back to Art Devlin's and then Mr. Mike's for dinner. Yum!

Heading out of Buffalo and onward to Lake Placid!

We are in Buffalo, NY now.

Headed out from Chicago early this morning, and made pretty good time.  Traffic through Chicago was not too bad.  :)

Will make the rest of the trip to Lake Placid tomorrow.  Wooohooo!

Bike
  • 1h 28m 13s
  • 25.28 miles
  • 17.19 Mi/hr

Just an easy easy zone1/2 ride.

Wow, looks like HR is coming back to "normal". Shedding fatigue and I think the antibiotics are kicking the infection which probably contributed a bit to the elevated HRs.

Felt super comfortable on the bike. Yay. :)

Last ride in Ilinois. Packed up the bike/car for the trip to Lake Placid tomorrow morning! WOOT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnoeYt2jpXA

I will watch this next Sunday morning.  Then I will go out to start my day.  :)

coredump's Training Log

July 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals