• 01m 48s /100 meters

3x150 Free/Stroke/Free
400 Free
300 Free
200 Free
100 Free
2x300 Free, Descend within
6x75 Back/Back/Free @ 25

Hah. Swim felt awesome. And I hit <1:30 pace for all of the free at "steady" RPE. Okay. Guess my swimming has really clicked.

Going for a swim after work.  :)  Feeling pretty good.  Not much lingering soreness left at all.

In other news, RACE REPORT IS UP!  :)

Ironman USA Lake Placid

Bike
  • 1h 03m
  • 15.80 miles
  • 15.05 Mi/hr

Easy ride on the roady after work.

Forgot that I had autopause turn off. So this was probably a bit faster, but the point was to take it easy.

HRM freaked out, as there's no way HR hit 243. Heh. That'd be some serious alien chest explosion action if it did. :)

Another great day in paradise....  oh wait, I'm back at work.  Drat.  :)

Going to go for a little bike ride after work today.  Legs are really feeling good.  I guess recovery gets easier with each IM.  Just like most training.  :D

Swim
  • 20m
  • 1000.00 meters
  • 02m /100 meters

10x100. Something different each 100. Kept it easy. Swimming felt good.

Legs feel good today, I'm walking normally. Not quite ready to run yet, but close. :)

More time at the Falls this morning, then hit the road for the long haul back home.

Sitting at home on my couch now.  ZOMG that's a lot of driving.  Mentally taxing too.  So glad that Whizzzzz was able to drive as much of it as she did.  I pulled a good stretch behind the wheel, but now my brain hurts.  :)

Drove to Niagara Falls today.

Dinner overlooking the falls.  Some walking around, good for the legs.  :)
Swim
  • 1h 03m 05s
  • 3862.00 meters
  • 01m 38s /100 meters

Swim!

Less crazy than expected, even with 2600 starters. Just stayed wide on the first half of the loop, then moved in a bit. Plenty of water around me, and still lots of feet.

Far less violent than the Wisconsin swim. Perhaps it's water visibility that helps people not run into each other?

Bike
  • 5h 54m 03s
  • 109.26 miles
  • 18.52 Mi/hr

A little wet on the first loop, which made the Keene descent a bit sketchy. Think I paced this pretty well for where my bike fitness is. Could have gone harder sure, but that probably would have negatively impacted the run. :)

It was pretty windy on the climb back up the gorge to town.

Run
  • 4h 08m 32s
  • 26.12 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

The run. This was hard. But I won mentally, even though I didn't hit my goal of breaking 4 hours.

Pushed hard, and it's still a run PR for me.

Fueled this a lot better too.

Thank you so much to everyone who has encouraged, supported, and inspired me, both in person, and here through BT.  It means a lot knowing that people are watching and cheering.  So... THANK YOU, you all rock!  Every single one, even Schmize.  :P

Now, it's time to light this candle...

Swim
  • 19m 09s
  • 1224.00 meters
  • 01m 34s /100 meters

Another nice OWS on the course.

Practiced swimming wide of the cable and sighting on the horizon, since it's likely to be a bit crowded on the cable line tomorrow. :)

Swim was good. Stroke is feeling solid, and got it ingrained in my brain. Woot!

Bike #1
  • 10m 47s
  • 3.51 miles
  • 19.53 Mi/hr

Dangit. Started the bike ride in "other" mode again.

Bike #2
  • 21m 27s
  • 6.33 miles
  • 17.71 Mi/hr

The bike ride once I realized it and flipped from "other" to "bike". Doh! :)

Rode out to River Road, out a bit and then back up 73 into town. Rode the steep descent out of the transition area. It is pretty steep! Need to be careful there tomorrow. Could be ugly if not careful.

HR a bit high, due to nerves I think. :) Felt great, and the bike is tip top. A few gusts to remind me that the 808s catch a bit of wind. Heh.

coredump's Training Log

July 2010 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
     1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Time
Distance
  • April's totals
  • March's totals