30" sitting/30" stand/30" sitting.

5' Z2
2 x 3' spin ups
1' @ 90 cad
1' @ 100 cad
1' @ 120 cad

Full recovery between
CD: 5'

What an awful weather forecast for Saturday.  :(  Showers and ENE 20 mph winds.  Oy.

On my run last night, as I turn onto Corsica Neck Road, I glance back to check for traffic and notice another runner about 100 yds back.  I didn't think anything of it other than being a little surprised because I never see anyone running in Centreville.  About 15 minutes later I can hear footsteps coming up behind me and the loudest, squeakiest orthotics I've ever heard.  (about the same as Glenn's)  First thing that came to mind was the fact that Glenn has some seriously squeaky orthotics but I knew he wouldn't be in C'ville.  Anyway, he pulls up next to me and says hi and asks how far I'm going.  We were running at a similar pace so we chatted for a while.  It was actually a nice change to run with someone.  In all my training, I've only run with someone for about a mile.  Anyway, I ask him if he's running for fitness or training and he says he's training for a 50 miler.  I ask if it's the JFK and he says "yeah, that's the one, I've finished it 13 times."  Holy Crap!  On top of that, he did a 70 miler this spring out west somewhere and said after that he got burned out big time and is just starting to run again.  He acknowledged that he's not fast and he does a run/walk, but likes the ultra stuff.  He was a very nice and humble guy.  Finally, he split off from my route and said goodbye.   I only got his first name out of him and the fact he lives in Stevensville.  I've got to try to find him in the race results.  Found him in 5 of the last 6 years worth of results so I guess he wan't kidding. 

Run
  • 57m 36s
  • 6.50 miles
  • 08m 52s /Mi

Watson Rd, Northbrook footpath. Threw in a half dozen strides and pushed a couple hills. Very refreshing run.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2300.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 500
Drills:
200 one-arm
100 catch-up
200 fist
MS:
200 ez
2x through
75 ez/25 hard (1:41,1:47)
50 ez/50 hard (1:38,1:40)
25 ez/75 hard (1:34,1:37)
100 hard (1:29,1:34)
200 ez
CD 100

Glenn - you weren't kidding about the water at the pool. This morning was good practice for the cold water at the Osprey this weekend. I did a longer warm up than usual to try to fight off the hypothermia. Even during the sprints the water still felt cold. I was a lot slower on this workout than last time I did it - I'm blaming it on the cold water. Dale comes in and drops his own personal thermometer in the pool, walked out and didn't come back. The heat's supposed to be turned on this afternoon so hopefully we'll be good to go for the rest of the week.

Yesterday's workouts were not meant to be.  I bagged a 30 minute easy spin on the trainer because I was too lazy to get out of bed.  I planned on swimming after work so I figured I'd still be getting something done.  I had a long day at work, get to the pool and start digging around in my bag looking for my suit which is nowhere to be found.  Pfffft!  Not much to do at that point so I turn around and head home.  The worst part is that last week I lost my good pair of Aquasphere goggles and this week I lose my suit.  I looked everywhere when I got home and couldn't find it. 

Bike
  • 1h 32m 09s
  • 31.00 miles
  • 20.18 Mi/hr

Brick: 20/2/11/1
Windy! Whoah. I had planned on doing this workout early this morning at 0500, but it was raining pretty steady so I went back to bed. It was nice not having to ride the trainer or run in the rain, but the wind was tough. Tried to keep the effort up and keep steady upper Z2/lower Z3 with some higher intervals into the wind and on hills.

Run
  • 25m
  • 3.00 miles
  • 08m 20s /Mi

Took about a half mile for my legs to adjust after pushing the bike hard at the end of the first ride but felt good after that. Both runs were mid to high Z3 and ended in Z4 on the second run.

Off for the next couple days.  Headed down to Bobby's with the boat this afternoon, painting decoys, and working on the house tonight and all day tomorrow.  Hopefully, I can muster up enough motivation to get one last brick in on Sunday.

Why the heck does my avatar keep changing back to that fat guy with the bike?!  Ahhhh! 

Run
  • 28m 30s
  • 3.30 miles
  • 08m 38s /Mi

C'ville hills. I haven't run through town and back in quite a while. I sprinted the hills and cruised in between. HR hit 187 on the 3rd hill - felt like my lungs were going to burst! Strange weather this morning. It was cool, but humid. I worked up a pretty good sweat and was wearing short sleeves, but I could see my breath like it was sub-freezing out. Weird.

Dtraining's Training Log

October 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31    

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals