Run
  • 1h 23m
  • 8.00 miles
  • 10m 23s /Mi

Whew! I know it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but 2:00 was the only time I could get my run in due to various plans tonight and this weekend. When I finished, Weatherbug said the heat index was 99. Time includes a couple walk breaks to drink and take a couple gels. It wasn't the air temperature that was so bad, it was the incredible heat coming off the road. I felt like I was in an oven! On my walk break I could feel my shoes sinking into the road. Anyway, it was slow, but I got it in which is the important thing.

Run
  • 38m 30s
  • 4.25 miles
  • 09m 04s /Mi

Z1/Z2 - Watson Rd. loop. Took it easy this morning in the hopes of getting a mid-range run in tomorrow afternoon.

• Health data: Hours slept: 7.75
Bike
  • 59m
  • 19.50 miles
  • 19.83 Mi/hr

20 loop starting on Spaniard Neck. Fun ride. Saw a whole family of turkeys. The hen was not happy with the little ones because they wouldn't head into the woods as I zipped by. I guess they wanted to see what in the heck I was coming down the road. I counted at least 8 little ones. Very cool.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

Swim: Swim Endurance
WU: 300 Free
12x25 on 10" rest.
400 easy, then 4x100 on 10". Next Set:
4x100 RI: 20"
2x200 RI: 30"

I had planned on getting another 1k in, but I needed a little extra sleep. Good open water practice this morning - the pool was so disgustingly cloudy I could barely see the bottom in the deep end.

Glenn - you weren't kidding about the chlorine. Whoah.

Run
  • 52m
  • 5.75 miles
  • 09m 02s /Mi

Watson Rd. with a 1.5 mile add-on in Northbrook.

This was supposed to be a easy, Z1/Z2 effort to get back in the swing of things mentally. I'm cruising along in high Z1 just enjoying the scenery when Frank comes up from behind. Well, we ran together for about a mile and a half and before I knew it I was mid Z3. So much for the easy run! He split off to head home and I basically spent the rest of the morning trying to get the HR back down. Got a new pair of shoes yesterday so that added to the enjoyment of the morning.

Swim
  • 50m
  • 2000.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
6x50 fast on 30"
3x200
6x100
CD: 200 ez

Ok - at the request of Wyecrab, here's my awesome recipe for REAL homemade margaritas.....guaranteed to make you forget you're burned out or over trained!

1 cup inexpensive white tequila (sounds weird, but the cheap stuff is better in margaritas)
1 cup Triple Sec
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (about 5 limes)
2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
3 cups of ice
Put all that in a blender and let 'er rip.  Run a lime around the rim of a very large glass and dip it in kosher salt.  (don't waste your money on those special margarita salts - I've tried them all and kosher salt is the best...and it's also the best to cook with in my opinion).  Fill 'er up and waste away in margaritaville.

Be careful - these bad boys will knock you on your butt.

• Health data: Hours slept: 8
I think I'm going to take another rest day today.  It's actually been kind of interesting going through this low motivation period and thinking about training and racing.  After a few days of lots of reflection, I think my incredibly bad training day on Friday was the result of lack of sleep and bad nutrition early in the week traveling on business, then a very difficult afternoon run in the heat Thursday, and then the long hot ride on Friday.  After spending basically the whole day on the couch chillin' yesterday and getting a good night's sleep, I feel much better today and am starting to get the itch to work up sweat again.  Nothing but cutting grass and getting some chores done tonight then maybe an easy run tomorrow and a swim at some point.  I'm going to really dial back the intensity for a while, concentrate on Z2 efforts and be mindful the heat.  We'll see how it goes.
Rest at its finest.  Reading, napping, watching movies and thinking about mixing up a pitcher of  margaritas from scratch.  :)

Dtraining's Training Log

July 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31     

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals