Worked with Bobby all morning.  Got the tongue and groove ceiling up on the back porch.  Left at noon, grabbed my bike and the checkbook and headed up to Lum's Pond and registered for the race on Sunday.
Run
  • 1h 40m
  • 10.50 miles
  • 09m 31s /Mi

Ran the same route as Wednesday but did two loops through the very hilly section. The training plan called for a 2 hr. run which I had planned on but the hills finally got to me. I got to the point were I was low Z4 on hills and barely recovering on the downhill sections. I should get credit for 2.5 hrs of running for the hills. My legs were absolutely trashed when I finished so I sat in the hot tub for 10 minutes. This was by far the hardest run of the year for me.

Still in Atlanta...back tonight!

In Atlanta for a conference.  (hopefully skipping some meetings to run :))

I had planned on a long swim today but there were some pretty serious t-storms all evening and it was an outdoor pool so I wasn't able to get it in.  Major bummer.

Run
  • 1h 00m
  • 6.50 miles
  • 09m 14s /Mi

Ran a 6 mile loop for which the hotel had a cue card which was handy. Awesome route through a very old wealthy Atlanta neighborhood. This route had some serious hills! Only the first and last mile were flat and other than that you were either uphill or downhill. Some hills were a mile long and gradual, others were short and felt like they were vertical. Nice change of scenery and difficulty, but this was a tough run.

Swim
  • 1h 00m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
6x50 build
3x200
6x100
CD: 200

This was in a 25 meter pool at the hotel. No lines on the bottom so I had to really focus on swimming straight.

In Atlanta for a conference.

Bike
  • 44m 45s
  • 14.00 miles
  • 18.77 Mi/hr

Nice easy ride this morning just to get a few more miles in. I won't be able to ride again until Sunday so I figured I'd get a little more time on the bike.

Decided to change up the schedule last minute because I found out that the hotel I'll be at for the next 4 days has a 25 meter lap pool.  How sweet is that!  I'll be swimming and running the rest of the week so I decided to get a few more miles on the bike.  I'm a little concerned about swimming in a 25 meter pool because I only know how to swim in a 25 yard pool.  I hope I don't drown.  ;)

I'm southbound for Atlanta at noon today for the rest of the week.  It's supposed to be hot and humid down there - hopefully I can get a few good runs in.

Bike
  • 57m 15s
  • 19.50 miles
  • 20.44 Mi/hr

Man it was hot and humid. Major sweat-fest on the bike tonight. I only rode for an hour, drank about 24 oz of water and still lost 2 lbs. of body weight. Did a bunch of different intervals ranging from 1' to 10'. There wasn't a breath of air moving which was a nice change.

Swim
  • 45m
  • 2200.00 yards
  • -----

WU: 300
2x50 switches
2x50 fist
2x50 fast
800/400/200/100
CD:100

I was asleep by 9 last night and still couldn't get out of bed this morning to swim.  I didn't get a full night's sleep Saturday night and I think I was a little tired from being on my feet all day Saturday and Sunday working with Bobby.  I guess I'll swim at lunch or after work.

Bike
  • 1h 36m 30s
  • 31.00 miles
  • 19.27 Mi/hr

Glenn came up and rode with me which was awesome. We got out at 0545. The temps were perfect and the sunrise was unbelievable. Definitely the best time to ride in my book. Had a good ride altogether. Legs just wouldn't go early, then I felt good for the rest of the ride. Just tried to keep a steady pace.

Run
  • 1h 03m
  • 7.25 miles
  • 08m 41s /Mi

Brick. Said goodbye to the Wyecrabber and went out for a run. This was the run off the bike I've been looking for for a long time. I don't know if it was the weather or recent training, but I just kept feeling better and stronger as the run went on. If I wasn't on a time schedule to get to church, I would have definitely gone a little further. I was really charged up and felt great.

Dtraining's Training Log

August 2006 
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
   1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31  

Time
Distance
  • November's totals
  • October's totals